KISS video play on MTV

Talk about Kiss
Luxor

KISS video play on MTV

Post by Luxor »

omg. (nonsense about tours cut out) Crazy Nights had no MTV hits (Crazy crazy nights was a Hugh hit in UK but not USA). I have less memory about MTV in 1986 but I don't remember Tears are falling being played anywhere as much as Hide Your Heart or Forever. It used to annoy me how much Forever was on MTV actually. I wouldn't call Hot in the Shade a failure even though I didn't really like it when it came out.-DoubleV

Remember, never believe anything DoubleV claims! But I'm so happy he wiffed again horribly! I really wonder if he even had MTV in his house in the 80's. I mean how could someone get so much so wrong??! Not only was he horribly wrong about Vinnie Vincent Invasion video airplay on MTV but he also got most of KISS airplay wrong as well.

1) Reason To Live was a huge hit on MTV. 14 weeks in rotation. Kiss' biggest video hit. But keep in mind, Dino "claimed" CN album had ZERO MTV hits, yet RTL was KISS biggest video hit.

2) Dino claimed Tears wasn't played anywhere near as much as Hide Your Heart. Another huge false claim by Dino! Laughable
Not only was it in rotation more (and at a higher level) than Hide Your Heart, but TAF also was on Dial-MTV so much, they had to change the rules for eligibility!

Hot In The Shade

MTV Stats for HIDE YOUR HEART
3 weeks of Medium Rotation
2 weeks of Active Rotation

MTV STATS for FOREVER
3 weeks of Active Rotation
7 weeks of HEAVY Rotation

MTV Stats for "RISE TO IT"
3 weeks MEDIUM ROTATION
2 weeks ACTIVE ROTATION

Crazy Nights

Crazy Crazy Nights: 6 weeks MEDIUM ROTATION/ 1 WEEK ACTIVE ROTATION

Reason TO Live: 3 weeks Sneak Preview, 3 weeks Medium, 4 weeks breakout, 4 weeks Heavy

Turn On The Night: 3 weeks breakout

Asylum

"Tears Are Falling" Massive Power rotation as an MTV Exclusive for 4 weeks, Then it goes intoACTIVE ROTATION for 4 weeks.

"Uh All Night" 4 weeks in BREAKOUT rotation and then it is gone. (Breakout is one step above light)

"Who Wants" follows UH exactly. It gets 4 weeks in Breakout rotation
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: KISS video play on MTV

Post by Genebaby »

I think you really need to get out more, get some air, get a life, a girlfriend/boyfriend/whateverfriend.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:55 am I think you really need to get out more, get some air, get a life, a girlfriend/boyfriend/whateverfriend.
You are on vacation and look what you are doing. And laughably you are contradicting other things you've already said (just like your recent claim that Animalize is better than LIU). Too bad your past statements are on the record.

Much like Dino admitting Vinnie saved KISS in 1982 is on the record
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, I do run this board, so I'll be checking in from the moon if I'm there.

As great as Animalize was, Asylum topped it in all respects. Bruce was really able to let loose and shine, with Paul and Gene coming up with their best material up to that time. I love how Eric starts King of The Mountain. It's great songs and great guitars!
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:07 pm Well, I do run this board, so I'll be checking in from the moon if I'm there.

As great as Animalize was, Asylum topped it in all respects. Bruce was really able to let loose and shine, with Paul and Gene coming up with their best material up to that time. I love how Eric starts King of The Mountain. It's great songs and great guitars!

I would certainly disagree and I think most KISS fans would rate Asylum as the worst or one of the worst of the 80's. Gene and Paul certainly hate it.

Heck, even Bruce names Revenge as his favorite KISS album. Certainly not Asylum. But then Bruce had to finally learn how to play as Gene, Paul and Ezrin were busting his balls.

And you are laughably ....seriously going to claim that Gene's AWOL garbage material was their best up to that time???! WHAT???!

Kiss sure thought the songs sucked. How many tracks were played live during the Asylum tour (on at least 33% of the dates)?
TWO SONGS: Tears Are Falling and the incredibly weak "Uh All Night"

Boy, KISS sure thought alot of that album for sure!
and correct me if I'm wrong, but KISS didn't even include TAF on Alive III did they?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Asylum and Creatures of The Night are the best two 80s kiss records. Tears are falling probably the best commercial song they wrote in the 80s. King of the Moiuntainsm Who Wants to be loney are great .Cant remember any of the others though haha
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I had Bruce sign my copy of Asylum when he played in my town with Four By Fate a few years ago. Special.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:51 pm Asylum and Creatures of The Night are the best two 80s kiss records. Tears are falling probably the best commercial song they wrote in the 80s. King of the Moiuntainsm Who Wants to be loney are great .Cant remember any of the others though haha
And that's why you said Vinnie saved KISS in 1982.

What did Paul say about Asylum? How bad has Paul trashed that album?

How bad did Asylum fail?

I love revisionist history now that you can't stand Vinnie. TFF