Horrible KISS avatars

Talk about Kiss
Luxor

Horrible KISS avatars

Post by Luxor »

Hilarious Gene is already acting like the garbage shown at the concert were prototypes and they will get much better.

That garbage looked like 2016 or 2017 technology. Embarrassing.

And Gene lies and acts like they are going to spend $200 million on that crap. I doubt $20M will ever be spent on KISS avatars
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Horrible KISS avatars

Post by Genebaby »

No matter what they do, those Avatars are not going to get any better. Gene with wings and flying, Tommy looks stupid, they all look stupid. If they were just more real to life instead of fantasy comic bullshit it MIGHT be better. Or it still might be crap.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:32 pm No matter what they do, those Avatars are not going to get any better. Gene with wings and flying, Tommy looks stupid, they all look stupid. If they were just more real to life instead of fantasy comic bullshit it MIGHT be better. Or it still might be crap.

The comic book stuff is beyond ridiculous. Also, how come not 1977 (in their prime). How hard would it be to pay Ace and Peter $500K or so a year for their use. And then bonus' if they are hugely successful.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

When they do something with them in 2027 it will be all too late anyway.
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

Horrible, indeed. It wasn’t that there are KISS Avatars it was how it was rolled out.
To exploit your fanbase for some half assed idea that may or may not work is typical.
No one cares if they do avatars or not. It might work and it might not.

Instead of the final two shows truly being a celebration of the band, its fans and its history it turned into a shameful marketing exploitative scam.
It is why many a Kiss fan did not attend.

What should have happened was two nights of cool things like Ace coming out in make up and doing Shock Me and Peter popping up and doing Beth (in makeup) w/Bruce making an appearance as well for one song (Do You Love me comes to mind) and a great video tribute to Eric Carr while Eric Singer pounds away during his drum solo – in addition to interviewing people that matter from the past (not Chris Angel) and having a cool tribute video where the band strolls around New York City showing their old haunts.
It would have been the easiest thing in the world to do.
You just substitute Ace for Tommy on one song. You do the same for Peter and Eric.
Bruce is a total pro and to bring him out would have been no problem at all.
A video montage for Eric Carr is easy as well and a no brainer.
Cheap Trick is who should have opened the last two shows for Kiss.
Can you imagine everyone going nuts when Robin sings "Got my Kiss records out!"
Nah, why do that when you can rip your fans off again and again and again …..

Instead G & P put their time, money (someone else's money avatar wise) and effort into some sorta ridiculous thing that may or may not work out.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

They aren't using their money for the avatar thing?

Paul has since said we got the wrong idea, but I don't know how that could be. They presented it to us, we don't like it. Higher resolution, or whatever they think will make them "better", that won't help.

Unless you have something that is so much better by being there, they won't sell many tickets if people can just watch it at home like KISS with Scooby Doo.

It's up to them to style the avatars and have them do what they want, but I don't like what I've seen so far.

And yes, the last shows could have been so much more. Even Bruce is sticking his neck out so much more about it, much more than I thought he would.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Personally, I was extremely disappointed with the last concert. Actually, you've all already written what would have been possible. I watched the concert - and it was exactly the same as all the others in the last 20 years! Nothing, nothing special at all was installed. It's all the usual, now very boring shit. And it would have been so easy to create something special at the end. Who cares about these crappy avatars? They look stupid and in my opinion not a single person needs that. If you want to remember KISS at some point in the future, watch an old concert - but it certainly won't be the last KISS concerts, but rather something from the 70s or from the unvarnished era, also something from that Reunion Tour, but that was it. They could have so easily made themselves immortal or created a monument. But for me it was a complete disappointment what was going on there. Paul's announcements are also a joke, to be honest...
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It was a strange way to move forward once KISS was finished touring, and one I wasn't expecting. They certainly kept it under wraps. I guess they don't want to share and create a KISS 2.0 with other people and this is what we got.

We shall see how the new avatar concerts, or whatever they are, do when something is finally released. In a few years.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Agreed on all of the above, but getting Ace and Peter to join in at the last show I suspect would have been difficult. Ace would want a massive payday, and probably wouldn't confirm until the day before, and Peter is probably over the whole thing anyway.

But agreed so much more could have been done.

Bruce could have opened with his band doing the non-makeup era thing (as he's done on the Cruise).
Eric Singer could have replicated Eric Carr's seminal drum solo from the Animalize live video.
Video montage here and there of VV and Mark St John.
etc etc

The whole "last show" thing was a huge letdown. For a band that positions itself as above most others when it comes to putting on a live performance and show, to go out with a show that was pretty much no different vs the first show of the Farewell Tour was a huge missed opportunity.

The Avatars. Agreed, what's with all this fantasy shit with wings, animation and demonic videogame voices? No one wants that. Kiss holograms akin to the Abba show is what people would pay to see.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The sad thing was that until the last show was done, there was hope that something great and special would happen.

A bit like before any Vinnie performance that has been scheduled. Until it's cancelled, or the performance happens and it's a crock of shit, you have hope that it will be great.