'We did the best we could': The wild story behind the making of Frehley's Comet's 'Second Sighting'

Talk about Kiss
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

'We did the best we could': The wild story behind the making of Frehley's Comet's 'Second Sighting'

Post by strangeways »

Speaking to Metal Edge just days before his untimely passing (Regan died on April 7, 2023, at the age of 71) Regan recalled his earliest hours with Frehley: "Ace was always good to me. He wasn't always easy to deal with, but we connected as friends first, and the music part came later. I didn't know it then, but I took on a sort of caretaking role later on in the Frehley's Comet days. And I get why… Ace needed people around him that would encourage him to keep it together. So, that's what I tried to do from day one."

https://www.metaledgemag.com/interviews ... d-sighting
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: 'We did the best we could': The wild story behind the making of Frehley's Comet's 'Second Sighting'

Post by Genebaby »

Oh, there were some issues!!! It wasn't all roses.

It's been a long time but I saw a video of them all talking about money and business with Ace, who didn't get it. A sort of intervention I think.

Doing business with Ace is fraught with danger as his level of understanding is low.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Re: 'We did the best we could': The wild story behind the making of Frehley's Comet's 'Second Sighting'

Post by shramiac »

Ack...13!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I happily bought Second Sighting when it came out and had no issues with the album. I didn't compare it against the first in any way and I really liked the songs Todd did on the album. I thought it was a good second album. Live +1 was great as was the Live +4 video, bought all those happily, and Trouble Walkin' upon it's release.
ankh

Post by ankh »

That's what i wrote on Kissfaq.com,about SS:

At the time ,Ace said that the Ep was a record Company idea and he was against It.
" Insane" was a demo by another artisti,Ace stole the riff and didn' t give any credit for it,you can find info on FB about that.
" Dancing with danger" was a song that Ace manager proposed to him and he choose to record.
Some of the previous demos were written by Stead and the other ones by Scarlet.
One of the reasons Tod left the band was that when the record label chose to focus solely on Ace ,Tod couldn' t rely on publishing rights tò earn Money,hence he chose tò leave.
It would have bene interesting of the band kept Billy Ward as drummer,he later became a world classe musician,but things didn' t gel,both personality and musically wise.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I really like Words Are Not Enough, great sound and production.

I heard about the Insane riff much later on, that wasn't cool.

But when it came out I knew nothing about the struggling for material and other politics, it was the new Frehley's Comet album and I liked it.

I got the surprise when Ritchie was there for the next one, but understandable. I liked Todd's songs a lot but if they weren't going to use him he needed to go elsewhere.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Have I ever said ..."I LOVE THE INSANE VIDEO"? :P :P :P

I liked the album when it came out. Only dodgy song song is "The Acorn is Spinning".
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The Acorn is just a little strange. It was the 80's though!!

The Insane video is pretty nice, yeah!