KissFAQ dude on his knees for Bruce

Talk about Kiss
Luxor

KissFAQ dude on his knees for Bruce

Post by Luxor »

This is utterly disgusting. JG is upset people are ripping Bruce Kulick's $2000 NYE garbage in Vegas.

Who in their right mind would do this? And its so vastly over-priced its unbelievable.

Nobody with any sense of taste would want to hear Lisa Kulick sing again! She just uses Bruce to get in the spotlight. I doubt she cares about him one bit. He's her "ticket" to the limelight. Her singing is embarrassing. And its sad Bruce allows himself to be used like that.

And where is the demand?

Bruce tried to do a NYE show last year (or a few days before) and he couldn't even sell that show out. It was at a tiny venue. Maybe 400 people. And only $30 or so tickets.

And based on his reception or lack thereof at Creatures Fest when 1/2 the people didn't show up for Bruce's headlining night, it makes you wonder who the hell would be crazy enough to drop $2000 (and then another $2000 on hotel rooms for 3 nights and all your other expenses. Airfare, overpriced food etc).

What you get for your $2 grand
https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=6359494D

Julian Gill Weighs (lol) In
Christ, it may not be for you, but at least there'll be no doubts about the talent showing up and no tank or tapes required. Be nice, like Mrs. Kulick.

BTW, Lisa isn’t just nice, she’s very cool. She also made me re-evaluate “Nothing Can Keep Me From You” when she sang it with Bruce on acoustic in Indy. People can bash/mock if they wish, but doing so towards the Kulick’s is pretty low IMO. i’m not saying they’re sacrosanct, but Bruce keeps the torch burning for a era of Kisstory that might otherwise be erased.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: KissFAQ dude on his knees for Bruce

Post by Genebaby »

I saw some FB stuff about it but had no idea of the cost or what was involved (ie, that it was a weekend thing, to me a NYE thing is just on NYE night).

I agree with Julian, it may not be for you but there literally is no doubt about what you will be getting. I'm not into Lisa's singing myself but there is no need to slag the lady off. If I was Bruce I wouldn't do it, but if I was Bruce I probably would as well, seeing as how is. I guess he's proud of his wife.

I will have to hear that acoustic version of Nothing Can Keep Me From You, cause I remember it was a terrible song that I don't know when I heard last. What could possibly save it.

If you think Julian is on his knees, I don't know what it would be called that those apologising (if that is a word for it) for Vinnie's failings and shortcomings. Maybe that is what I should say from now on.

Vinnie gives us shit, but he DOES actually show up, you would have to be on your knees defending that.

So I get where Julian is coming from.

No matter who or how many saw Bruce at CF, his show was spectacular compared to Vinnie's nothing of a show. Here's a new song idea for Vinnie. Nothing Can Keep Me From Fucking Things Up, or Nothing Can Make Me Do An Actual Show.

As Vinnie fans we should all be embarrassed for his efforts prior, but especially for CF. The wounds are still weeping for what he did there when victory was in his grasp. You can't defent that. There is no award for simply showing up to these things.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Here is Bruce and Lisa doing "Nothing Can Keep Me From You"

KISS version

I would have liked to have heard a version with Peter on vocals.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oooh, Nothing Can Save That Song more like it. It's not a great Diane Warren tune, there are many others better. This song and that one from Aerosmith were just awful from the late 90's. Has it been that long? Yikes.

Lisa isn't awful at it, but it's not necessary to hear that song. Bruce would have had to learn it as a vehicle for her singing. I wouldn't want to pay to hear Lisa sing, let her do her own solo shows. If I was at a Bruce event I would just want to hear Bruce and his band doing cool KISS things as they do. Otherwise he should Bill it as Bruce & LIsa Kulick.

That's my take.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Imagine a NYE event with Vinnie. A weekend of music and road/studio stories. Vinnie's band plays KISS and VVI songs (actually plays and sings them, like normal) and Vinnie tells us what it was like being in KISS/VVI and other situations as well. Probably a Q&A session.

Vinnie also agrees to sign things and doesn't jack up the price depending on what you bring.

This cannot happen this year, for reasons of time and for reasons of there is no trust. He can build next year by doing small things. Actualy his best bet now is to return to the stage for real for free. Arrange a free show or something to showcase he's actually doing it. Doesn't have to be big, just a way to show there has been a change for the good. This is always possible, otherwise I guess just forget about the stage, leave it to Bruce and Ace.