September 18th - the greatest KISS album of all time was released

Talk about Kiss
Luxor

September 18th - the greatest KISS album of all time was released

Post by Luxor »

COTN was good and helped to take them out of the grave.

Lick It Up was the album that returned them to million sellling artists.

Imagine only selling 150,000 copies of The Elder.

Then roaring back with COTN a great album that only managed to sell 250-300K upon initial release.

But that great single "Lick It Up" moved KISS to over 1M units sold in less than a year upon release.

Animalize would have been such a disaster for KISS without Lick It Up. Their careers probably would have been over.

Sad, how KISS had all the momentum going for them and then they F'd with Vinnie and his contract and we were denied another great album and we got such mediocrity with Animalize. An album that could have returned KISS to selling millions of albums during its initial release.

One has to laugh at some people who claim Vinnie couldn't do the solo on "Exciter". Thankfully, the proof is all there to hear and all Derringer did is basically copy Vinnie's solo. It's not near as good as Vinnie's. But Kiss was interested in playing "head games" with Vin to make him sign a horrible contract.

Lick It Up is one of the very few KISS albums, they could have played the entire thing live. Most Kiss albums have 2-3 good songs and a ton of filler.

Too many have been brainwashed by G&P that COTN is a better album. Paul especially won't give LIU its true credit because he knows its a Vinnie solo album. Paul's ego is very thin. Paul would rather lie and act like Animalize is better because his name is all over the filler album.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: September 18th - the greatest KISS album of all time was released

Post by Genebaby »

LIU is the best, no doubt. Animalize is not as good, but how could it be? No Vinnie, Paul and Gene producing? I can only imagine if Vinnie was still there and HE produced it instead? What a "Monster" of an album Animalize could have been. Did you see what I did there?

Animalize is not crap, I like all the 80's albums and it was successful, it hit the top 20, but if they had Vinnie they would have had an even better album and built on the success of LIU.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

Love it.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
ACK

Post by ACK »

liu rules. prob my fourth fav kiss album. also animalize and asylum just turned 38 and 39
No actually im a plumber, he fell off his bike, how many more greatest hits?, u unleash da fokin furdy, hey look , it's rock and roll