Lick It Up

Talk about Kiss
poserboy71

Lick It Up

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie's indelible stamp on Kiss that they have never matched and can never deny (even though they would like to ) . Kiss were never this hungry again.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Lick It Up

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie got Paul to sing like he was STARVING on this album. He sounded famished. It was fantastic to hear.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

Do you remeber seeing the Lick It Up clip for the first time ? i was amazed and sad all in the one thing, so thats what they look like ( Vinnie looked like a drowned rat ) and the end of the makeup i loved so much, the dawn of a new era.

All Hells Breakin Loose, that pumped like hell !

FULL THROTTLE, Newcastle's Finest Rock Band
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I only saw the women in the LIU video! LOL
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

None of them looked good in the L.I.U. video.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

i thought the Lick it up videos were great. Kind of like those early 80s 'b' movies that Arnold Schwartzenigger (sorry about the spelling).
I know kiss fans don't like them much but I did. I could watch All hells breaking loose over and over unlike Heavens on fire or Crazy Nights etc..

There were some pretty crazy videos for Asylum too.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev wrote:i thought the Lick it up videos were great. Kind of like those early 80s 'b' movies that Arnold Schwartzenigger (sorry about the spelling).
I know kiss fans don't like them much but I did. I could watch All hells breaking loose over and over unlike Heavens on fire or Crazy Nights etc..

There were some pretty crazy videos for Asylum too.
Too true! I still laugh when Paul "wields" the sword and Gene just looks at him at shakes his head! :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

A.H.B.L. is a cool video. My favorite part in the video is the shot of Vinnie's guitar as he points. 8) 8) 8)

NEWBEGINNINGS
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

Poserboy or anybody else who may know, I have two questions:

1) Exactly which songs did Vinnie write or co-write on the CREATURES album?

2) Did Vinnie write/co-write all the songs on LICK IT UP ?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

On Creatures,Vinnie has 3 co-writes. "I Love It Loud", "I Still Love You "' and "Killer".

On Lick It Up, I believe he has 8. Gene is credited as writing "Fits Like A Glove" and "Dance All Over Your Face" by himself.

My feeling on these 'CO-WRITES" is that Vinnie wrote the most of the song , then Paul and Gene would change a few words and take top credit for the song.
Eric Carr ,however , did come up with a great idea that became "All Hell's Breakin' Loose "

NEWBEGINNINGS
Kisstrooper

Post by Kisstrooper »

All Hell's is one of my fave clips as well ! other fave is the Alive II promo clip ( long version ) .

FULL THROTTLE, Newcastle's Finest Rock Band
erg2

Post by erg2 »

People often mistake the point I try to make when I say this...but I think LICK IT UP is the overall, most consistent album KISS ever made. All the songs are great. They all have a cohesive sound.
Most other KISS albums have Paul songs, Gene songs, Ace songs...etc.
LICK IT UP has KISS songs, just with other members singing.

This biggest crime in KISSTORY was that they didn't let Eric sing lead vocals on a song. He sang YOUNG AND WASTED live. It would've been great to hear him on the studio recording.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Erg,
I agree. Vinnie's songs are the key factor that brought out the best in his bandmates. Kiss hadn't and HAS NOT recorded an album with that much focus and intensity before or since then. Paul and Gene were forced to up their game and sing/scream at ungodly high ranges and play their instruments. Vinnie forced them to play at their potential. Not technique-wise but MUSICALITY-wise.

On L.I.U., Vinnie has all of the elements that I dig about Jeff Beck. He defined a side of his playing that I really enjoy. His phrasing was really special on this album to the point that I thought that was the apex of his playing... ...THEN... ... V V I proceeds to knock the cock out of my mouth !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: PURE FUCKING POWER !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

His playing on "Young And Waisted" is the kind of style I like of him. It's so amazing and cool he plays out the notes. This song is going on and on...