Michael James Jackson passed away

Talk about Kiss
VVArchives

Michael James Jackson passed away

Post by VVArchives »

I always thought he must be jealous of Vinnie. In interviews, he would try and diminish Vinnie's impact (especially on Creatures). He did have a bad memory so maybe that was part of why he tried to diminish Vinnie's part.

We all know where MJJ was headed with KISS. Its on tape. And that music is entirely forgettable.

We also know MJJ made Creatures much less than it could have been.

Imagine Creatures if it had contained all 6 songs Vinnie wrote that KISS recorded for the album. Just imagine if several of the "filler" tracks had been left off for much stronger songs.

Creatures could have been a truly great album.

Just remember where MJJ/ KISS were prior to VInnie:

1. "I'm a Legend Tonight" Paul Stanley, Adam Mitchell
2. "Down on Your Knees" Stanley, Mikel Japp, Bryan Adams
1. "Nowhere to Run" Stanley
2. "Partners in Crime" Stanley, Mitchell

If not for Vinnie, KISS most likely would have been over by 1983.
WizKid

Re: Michael James Jackson passed away

Post by WizKid »

This is a stirring tribute lol
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

Did 2 of my top 5 KISS records.
RIP
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

WizKid wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:36 am This is a stirring tribute lol
Kinda like DGP's about Vinnie, although I was probably much nicer
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

VVArchives wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:38 am
WizKid wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:36 am This is a stirring tribute lol
Kinda like DGP's about Vinnie, although I was probably much nicer
Did Vinnie die? Either way thanks for listening.
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Love these songs. Love Dynasty and Unmasked. Why can't KISS be KISS? Why can't these songs be left alone if YOU don't like them?

Where was MJJ heading with KISS? Are you talking about LIU? The album that is better than Creatures, or something else I'm not getting?

I prefer LIU, the sound is more balanced and the guitars sound cool.

Sad to hear of MJJ passing, it would have been so cool if he could have worked with KISS again on something.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
ACK

Post by ACK »

Helped create what is in my opinion the best drum sound ever made. RIP
No actually im a plumber, he fell off his bike, how many more greatest hits?, u unleash da fokin furdy, hey look , it's rock and roll
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:59 am
Love these songs. Love Dynasty and Unmasked. Why can't KISS be KISS? Why can't these songs be left alone if YOU don't like them?

Where was MJJ heading with KISS? Are you talking about LIU? The album that is better than Creatures, or something else I'm not getting?

I prefer LIU, the sound is more balanced and the guitars sound cool.

Sad to hear of MJJ passing, it would have been so cool if he could have worked with KISS again on something.

Because there would have been no need for KISS to be saved without those albums which drove almost the entire KISS fan base away

Where was MJJ heading before Vinnie? Have you those crap tracks on Killers? Have you heard COTN? Notice the huge difference?!

While Bob Kulick couldn't provide the direction, KISS needed (and MJJ certainly wasn't doing it). Vinnie came in and did it.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Can you not read? Of course I have those great songs on Killers, and I made sure to listen to them a few times yesterday as I washed one of my cars. Now my random playlist will start injecting them into my stream, which will be great.

Creatures would have been Creatures with or without Vinnie, he wasn't in the band, he was doing what the band wanted. He didn't work with MJJ to make it what it was, he wrote some songs and did some solos. Should we also say Bryan Adams saved KISS and thank god for him writing for Creatures, he made it all better?

Songs can be made different with the recording/production process. So any songs and solos Vinnie didn't do on Creatures would have been replaced with others that sounded like the same album, just like the songs Vinnie had nothing to do with.

Case in point, Naked City turned out much different on Unmasked than what Bob Kulick envisioned when he was writing it. It could have been a worthy Creatures contender but it got the lighter treatment on Unmasked, and I dig it.

I was a little kid when they came out and that era is great fun and the music is fun. The new songs on Killers sound like proper KISS to me, as a memory from back then. Paul is already singing with power and urgency, as he would do again on Creatures and LIU. They are great songs that sadly Paul dismisses now, but I love them.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:16 am Can you not read? Of course I have those great songs on Killers, and I made sure to listen to them a few times yesterday as I washed one of my cars. Now my random playlist will start injecting them into my stream, which will be great.

Creatures would have been Creatures with or without Vinnie, he wasn't in the band, he was doing what the band wanted. He didn't work with MJJ to make it what it was, he wrote some songs and did some solos. Should we also say Bryan Adams saved KISS and thank god for him writing for Creatures, he made it all better?

Songs can be made different with the recording/production process. So any songs and solos Vinnie didn't do on Creatures would have been replaced with others that sounded like the same album, just like the songs Vinnie had nothing to do with.

Case in point, Naked City turned out much different on Unmasked than what Bob Kulick envisioned when he was writing it. It could have been a worthy Creatures contender but it got the lighter treatment on Unmasked, and I dig it.

I was a little kid when they came out and that era is great fun and the music is fun. The new songs on Killers sound like proper KISS to me, as a memory from back then. Paul is already singing with power and urgency, as he would do again on Creatures and LIU. They are great songs that sadly Paul dismisses now, but I love them.

Of course?! Its not obvious since you can't tell the huge difference between them. So it certainly begs the question if you've heard both of them. Anyone who has could obviously tell the huge difference.

And you are flat out lying that Creatures would be Creatures without Vinnie. You're full of shit.

Every other songwriter on COTN is on those 4 crap tracks that are on Killer. Everyone of them. Does any of those sound anything like COTN? Of course not!

And do you know why Naked City lacked any balls on Unmasked. Because its the songwriting that determines the direction. Guess who said that? Vini Poncia.

Who had 6 of his songs recorded for COTN? Bryan Adams, Mike Japp? Adam Mitchell?

That doesn't even include the songs written but not recorded for the album.

And isn't it amazing how after Vinnie's influence is gone (they did have access and heard most of those songs intended for Animalize) but look at the albums where Vinnie is gone. Pure worthless crap.

Guess which album the COTN-LIU sound returns on? Maybe you haven't heard this album either. But its Revenge. Amazing what Vinnie writing with them for 10 months can do. But according to you .... that would just be a coincidence and Ezrin did it. Because we all know the "balls" that GGR&R2U2 had. They even tried to make it heavier some afterwards.

Just shocking how much people try and deny Vinnie's contributions. Especially when some tried to "claim" they were a fan at one time.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Are people not able/allowed to like all kinds of music?

Is everything other than Creatures crap?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

VVArchives wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:41 am
Genebaby wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:16 am Can you not read? Of course I have those great songs on Killers, and I made sure to listen to them a few times yesterday as I washed one of my cars. Now my random playlist will start injecting them into my stream, which will be great.

Of course?! Its not obvious since you can't tell the huge difference between them. So it certainly begs the question if you've heard both of them. Anyone who has could obviously tell the huge difference.

And you are flat out lying that Creatures would be Creatures without Vinnie. You're full of shit.

Every other songwriter on COTN is on those 4 crap tracks that are on Killer. Everyone of them. Does any of those sound anything like COTN? Of course not!

And do you know why Naked City lacked any balls on Unmasked. Because its the songwriting that determines the direction. Guess who said that? Vini Poncia.

Who had 6 of his songs recorded for COTN? Bryan Adams, Mike Japp? Adam Mitchell?

And isn't it amazing how after Vinnie's influence is gone (they did have access and heard most of those songs intended for Animalize) but look at the albums where Vinnie is gone. Pure worthless crap.

Guess which album the COTN-LIU sound returns on? Maybe you haven't heard this album either. But its Revenge. Amazing what Vinnie writing with them for 10 months can do. But according to you .... that would just be a coincidence and Ezrin did it. Because we all know the "balls" that GGR&R2U2 had. They even tried to make it heavier some afterwards.

Just shocking how much people try and deny Vinnie's contributions. Especially when some tried to "claim" they were a fan at one time.

My God you're a kunt! A total pos kunt.

The dude had a good history with KISS and you reduce it to "all about Vinnie"? Vinnie was a hired gun on CoTN & Revenge. He had zero, repeat zero, influence on how the records were made.

Just have the decency to wish MJJs family best wishes....and then kindly fuck off on the dildo encrusted horse you rode in on!

What a kunt!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

LMFAO with Andrew!

"The Troll Slayer" LOL

All kidding aside everyone needs to be tolerant of everyone's differing opinions as it is what makes things great in this world of ours. You can debate but man do it respectfully. If Vic like's the Killers Songs great he is not hurting anyone and the fact that Vic likes these songs doesn't take anything away from Vinnie's Contributions on COTN or LIU. I think that Kiss never sounded better than when Vinnie was in the band but I also don't think that Kiss Sucks without Vinnie. People can decide for themselves and they are hurting no one by doing so.
metatron

Post by metatron »

shramiac wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:20 pm
What a kunt!
LMFAOROTF @ the use of the 'K word'.
For extra punch - put another two K's in front of kunt & what have you got.
How about this one, KKKUNTϟϟ - Now everyone is offended, all at once.

remember kids, two rights don't make a left
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

shramiac wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:20 pm
VVArchives wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:41 am

My God you're a kunt! A total pos kunt.

The dude had a good history with KISS and you reduce it to "all about Vinnie"? Vinnie was a hired gun on CoTN & Revenge. He had zero, repeat zero, influence on how the records were made.

Just have the decency to wish MJJs family best wishes....and then kindly fuck off on the dildo encrusted horse you rode in on!

What a kunt!

Shame the truth hurts. You obviously hate Vinnie so you are reduced to lying about his influence on the albums and how he saved KISS.

MJJ's memory has been shot for years. His memory was worse than Ace Frehley's.

Vinnie saved KISS and MJJ was jealous of all the attention Vinnie got.

and MJJ wasn't on Revenge. Who was it that wrote with KISS for 10 months? Oh that's right, Vinnie.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Slayer wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:25 am LMFAO with Andrew!

"The Troll Slayer" LOL

All kidding aside everyone needs to be tolerant of everyone's differing opinions as it is what makes things great in this world of ours. You can debate but man do it respectfully. If Vic like's the Killers Songs great he is not hurting anyone and the fact that Vic likes these songs doesn't take anything away from Vinnie's Contributions on COTN or LIU. I think that Kiss never sounded better than when Vinnie was in the band but I also don't think that Kiss Sucks without Vinnie. People can decide for themselves and they are hurting no one by doing so.

Vic can like shit music all he wants but that dosen't change reality. That style was nothing like KISS had before or after (except when Vinnie was around for influence).

Some people could try and hide behind the it was MJJ and not Vinnie.... if they could ignore Revenge as well.

That "Guitars From Hell" as Bruce Kulick stole from Vinnie didn't return until Vinnie returned.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Naaaah! You're just a kunt.

"You obviously hate Vinnie".

Yeah that's why I bought a Laney head & a quad box and something a retarded knob jockey like you will NEVER own, a Jackson Vinnie Vincent Model guitar. I hate him so much that, I bought one of the rarest Jackson guitars ever built. FFS!

All I asked was that you actually have the decency to pay tribute to MJJ who produced two of the coolest KISS albums but, you couldn't even do that!

What a kunt!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Did MJJ do any albums outside of KISS that were any good?
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Does it matter?
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

shramiac wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:39 pm Naaaah! You're just a kunt.

What a kunt!

You sure must not get any the way you keep saying that name. Do you think if you say it enough you might magically get some?
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Luxor wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:23 am Did MJJ do any albums outside of KISS that were any good?

It doesn't look like much of anything that really stands out

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/michael ... 8858245486