Pro-Shot Footage from KISS’ Destroyer Tour + More Surfaces

Talk about Kiss
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Pro-Shot Footage from KISS’ Destroyer Tour + More Surfaces

Post by strangeways »

"You know how there’s the term “Christmas in July?” This is more like “KISSmas in July.” More unseen footage of the hottest band in the world is surfacing and we are all raving and drooling over what is being seen.

Here we are in 2022, KISS footage from 1975, 76 & 77 that fans have never seen before is emerging and we are all going nuts over it. But where did this footage come from?

Does the name Curt Gooch ring a bell? He is relatively well known in the KISS circles for being a video archivist of the band, co-writing KISS books (such as KISS Alive Forever, one of the best there is), and working on the KISSOLOGY DVDs. An individual/KISS collector under the alias “Sam Loomis” has spent top dollar for uncirculated video and/or audio, the videos being purchased from Gooch over the years with the promise that no one else had them. Truth be told, the various tapes Sam had purchased found their way into the hands of other KISS collectors such as Ros Radley (the brainchild of the Magic book fiasco) and others. In essence, Curt didn’t hold his end of the bargain and Sam has taken action by starting to upload the tapes they purchased onto YouTube so the owner of the material can’t enjoy the financial kickback of the material given that it is now available at everyone’s disposal for the magic four-letter word: free.

As crazy as this backstory is, let’s get down to the reality of it all. The main purpose behind the selling of these sought-after recordings is two simple words: monetary gain. An anonymous-yet-reliable source claims that there have been cases where a group of five to ten people will join forces to buy uncirculated recordings and there is always going to be one person that wants to either break even or make a profit with the investment of said material. When one does that, it is when recordings leak out to other collectors and fans for free access. After all, if KISS or other official entities refuse to buy whatever material is presented to them, it is a last-ditch effort to sell it to collectors believing they are the only buyers of something exclusive. It is safe to say that there is some material that is in the hands of, not Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley as one would think, but in the hands of private collectors. For example: Winterland. We all know the black-and-white pro-shot from 1975 that appeared on KISSOLOGY Vol. 1. Rumor has it that there is a pro-shot of a Winterland show from 1974 that exists and was attempted to be sold for $20k-$30k to Gene and Paul, which they denied.

At this rate, Loomis is uploading full/partial shows on a weekly basis. You can start counting down the days as to when the next thing they upload drops and all can speculate on what it could be. Could it be the two missing shows from Cobo Hall in 1977? Winterland 1974? Another Capitol Centre show from 1976? Tokyo 1978? A Creatures of the Night pro shot? All is to be revealed in the upcoming weeks. Sam Loomis, if you’re out there and you read this: it is a shame you were cheated and you are justified for your revenge. Just know that the KISS Army at large appreciates it.

Now it’s time to get all of you at the edge of your seat. All that had been uploaded was Largo ‘75, Detroit ‘75, the ‘76 rehearsals, and Tokyo ‘77. What has been seen so far is about 3-5% of what is to be seen and will cover the 1970s all the way up through Psycho Circus. All us fans can do, and believe me we all are, is to keep watching.
"

https://vwmusicrocks.com/pro-shot-foota ... -surfaces/

https://vwmusicrocks.com/more-unseen-ki ... -tokyo-77/

https://vwmusicrocks.com/kiss-army-rejo ... 5-emerges/
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Pro-Shot Footage from KISS’ Destroyer Tour + More Surfaces

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, this is very cool indeed. There was already quite a bit of footage out there so I didn't think there was much more, but I'm out of those circles. I was into gathering bootlegs in the late 80's/90's. There is so much out there, and cool to see this other stuff coming out.

Here's hoping there are some really cool gems.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:54 pm Here's hoping there are some really cool gems.
It is looking that way.
Oh, for some Lick It UP / Creatures footage.

"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, yeah, who knows what will be revealed. There's gotta be some more good 80s stuff.
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Here we go ..... more stuff leaked ....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWPwx ... vJsrMkDnjg
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This doesn't appear to be Sam, he had a second channel that was also removed, for whatever reasons, as there is a ton of KISS stuff on YT, so something is going on.

Sam had a wealth of video footage, people did collect what he already posted, I didn't, but hopefully there will still be more.
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

I think it is Sam under yet another new moniker, but I don't know.
There are people that are claiming contact with him etc.

What I do know is that I am loving all these audio Creatures clips.
Especially this one from my first KISS show ever.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You were at that show? I have a tone of bootleg audio (and video) KISS stuff, I was a mad collector of it back in the day, and I have that show. It was described as the first show of the tour but it wasn't. I hear at the actual first show they may have played in alternate costumes due to weather and shipping problems but there a no photos.

I think Sam will be concentrating on amazing new video footage, like NYE 75/76, I couldn't believe I was seeing parts of that show. Though his first account had a lot of fairly full concerts and the second account had some cool stuff but the live footage was very short and cutting in and of songs, so I'm not sure if that's how Sam had that stuff, or if he did that to somehow get around the troubles he had with this first account. The second time around the longest thing was about 15mins. But it was cool stuff.
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:47 pm You were at that show?
Yup.
My first KISS show.
My first rock show too.
I detail it all here. As you know previous to this now released soundboard there was just a crappy audience version.
http://www.vvforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3134
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 192&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 633&type=3
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, ok, yeah, that's a memory man. I totally forgot. A great write up still to this day!

Sadly the photos didn't work, or is that just me?
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:47 pm Sadly the photos didn't work, or is that just me?
Links are outdated. I can replace if I can edit the post.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'll send you a PM!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The post has been updated with the cool pics!

http://www.vvforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3134