Listen to KISS music

Talk about Kiss
wolfgang161272

Listen to KISS music

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Just in the moment I listen the Lick It Up album. It's so powerful and amazing. Hearing Vinnie's playing. The song Exciter, A Million To One, All Hells Breakin' Loose.. wow.
This is my favorite KISS Line up and my favorite KISS album all time. Listen to Exciter - that's a fantastic solo I like it most!
Skwint

Re: Listen to KISS music

Post by Skwint »

i only listen to the old stuff - i refuse to buy anything new from the band as i cannot and will not accept the new fake line up.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Alive 3 was the last I bought! Pretty sure I didn't get Pyscho Circus and I "acquired" Sonic Boom! SB IS a classic Kiss album I have to admit, it's just that all of Ace's licks being played by Tom make it a hard listen! If it was the "real Tommy" and not "Tommy aping Ace" playing solos, then I would have been happier! But yeah I don't like seeing him and Eric in the makeup! They should have had their own! Nicer if Vinnie had played on it!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Wolfgang, Rick Derringer played on "Exciter" .Paul and Gene went behind Vinnie's back and had Rick play it.
It is a great solo and if you seek out the live version, you can hear how it was supposed to be played. It seems as if Rick copped a lot from Vinnie's original recorded solo or should I say he copped the bits he was able to play :wink: :wink: :wink: .
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Here's the studio demo version Wolfie! Maybe it was the version that was to be on the album before G & P decided to get Derringer? I don't know? Although the quality is a bit scratchie, you can tell it came from a pretty decent original recording! It is a bit faster than the LUI album version though. Maybe just copied on a fast tape machine. Sounds like it's higher in pitch and not in Eb like the album but I haven't checked!

http://www.upload-mp3.com/files/266965_ ... 983%29.mp3

I actually like both solos. Derringer's fits the song well!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:Alive 3 was the last I bought! Pretty sure I didn't get Pyscho Circus and I "acquired" Sonic Boom! SB IS a classic Kiss album I have to admit, it's just that all of Ace's licks being played by Tom make it a hard listen! If it was the "real Tommy" and not "Tommy aping Ace" playing solos, then I would have been happier! But yeah I don't like seeing him and Eric in the makeup! They should have had their own! Nicer if Vinnie had played on it!!!!
Well put Andrew and Rick shared with Wolfgang about Rick Derringer and Exciter
doublev

Post by doublev »

yeah wolf. Exiter is not Vinnie on the solo. I hated the fact the first kiss record that vv was officially on, they put someone elses solo on the first song and no one knew about it.
Sucks.. but the solo is good.

Vinnie and Rick both worked with Carmine Appice just before Kiss.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Oh fuck!!!
I don't know this...but the solo is amazing. I like it very much! The solo Vinnie has done on the mp3-file is not the solo I wanna hear on this song.
But it's shit that Gene take another guitar player to play solos on this records. That's shit!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Lick It Up is a fantastic Kiss album, the best one from the 80's easily.

Exciter is my favourite track and I was super bummed when I found out it wasn't all Vinnie.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Kiss is known for that shit. IT IS A GREAT SOLO and listening to it for years and visualizing Vinnie playing it adds to the confusion. I believe all of us were "excited" for the new Kiss guitarist and fell in love with it because it was our "supposed" first taste of what he could do. The song hit so hard that everything else was accepted.

Wolfie or anyone else that was mislead should not be ashamed because of Kiss tricking you. I only found out the truth a few years ago.

As far as the instrumental version, we have to remember that it is just a demo . A demo that you can hear a majority of the solo's main theme WRITTEN BY VINNIE.

NEWBEGINNINGS
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Add me to that list of people of never knew Vinnie didn't play that solo!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Just like when they ripped Vinnie by using Robben Ford to play the "I Still Love You" solo on Creatures. I still love (no pun intended!) that solo! It is beautiful! I reckon even Vinnie likes what Robben did! Not to mention the other solos he didn't play on that album! But the again, Vinnie wasn't a full (and I use that term VERY loosely) member of Kiss at that stage.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:Just like when they ripped Vinnie by using Robben Ford to play the "I Still Love You" solo on Creatures. I still love (no pun intended!) that solo! It is beautiful! I reckon even Vinnie likes what Robben did! Not to mention the other solos he didn't play on that album! But the again, Vinnie wasn't a full (and I use that term VERY loosely) member of Kiss at that stage.
Man did Vinnie play great and tasteful solos and fills in this song live though. Not only did I see him do it live but I have heard several great bootleg versions. No disrespect but Vinnie played this song so much better than Robben Ford. No comparison at all!

We all need to give credit where credit is due and Vinnie was a tremendously talented guitarist!

See Nashville 1-11-1984 and 1-22-1984 in Albuquerque
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It is quite obvious that Paul Stanley's insecurities paved the way for Vinnie's exit from Kiss.
I believe it was Paul's decision to not give Vinnie more freedom and to also replace Vinnie's playing on those songs. You can tell from demos and live tracks that Vinnie came up with a lot of the themes and licks in the songs he was replaced on . Paul should have been visiting his psychiatrist more during Vinnie's tenure.
The ordeal of Vinnie not being allowed to have a signature guitar is absurd when you have a guy bopping around the stage with an AXE bass and the previous guitarist shot rockets and smoke and had a marquee-style light guitar.
It is evident that Paul didn't want to share the spotlight anymore.

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:The ordeal of Vinnie not being allowed to have a signature guitar
Is that right? :shock: :shock: I never knew that! :oops:

And Kev with I Still Love You, maybe just like Exciter, Vinnie has laid a basic track down which Robben then used as the basis for his solo!!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'm beginning to think in that way Shram because Vinnie rarely played Ace's "Scared" solos note for note. I LOVE THAT ABOUT HIM. Vinnie wasn't going to fill anyone's shoes, he was wearing his own and leaving his OWN path.
DIG !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:The ordeal of Vinnie not being allowed to have a signature guitar
Is that right? :shock: :shock: I never knew that! :oops:

And Kev with I Still Love You, maybe just like Exciter, Vinnie has laid a basic track down which Robben then used as the basis for his solo!!!!
Yes a tame uninspired version. I love the way Vinnie played this song live on every bootleg and concert that I ever saw. Bruce Kulick smoked Robben Ford for that matter on I Still Love You.
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

I love the song "NOT FOR THE INNOCENT". Today I kept playing it over and over during my lunch break.....Buon Appettito
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Now bend over and let this DEMO version finish the job . PRIMO !!!

[youtube][/youtube]

NEWBEGINNINGS
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

Hey, that's Paulie singing !! Is that Vinnie on guitar ? Awesome version ! First time I heard it. Thanks

The Egyptian looks great in the photo. He is da man
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

That was Incredible! I love that version!!
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Carlo wrote:I love the song "NOT FOR THE INNOCENT". Today I kept playing it over and over during my lunch break.....Buon Appettito
Me to!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Meh!
Iceman75

Post by Iceman75 »

I don't want to piss on the Parade, but I think Revenge was better than L.I.U.
Just my opinion.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Revenge was a great comeback for Kiss! I loved that album it sounded dirty and had a lot of attitude :P
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I was just talking in a different post on how I feel LICK IT UP is the most consistent album KISS ever did as far as cohesiveness, style and all the songs working together as a whole. I list others as 'favorites' ahead of LICK IT UP, but it's one of the only KISS albums I can listen to front to back without skipping a track or saying "that could've been better".
REVENGE has some great songs on it, but I think it's way over-produced and there are a few clunkers. I also think Eric Singer over-plays on every song. He even admitted so. The guy felt like he had to do a drum fill every 4 bars....
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Totally agree with the LIU-album. But "on The 8Day" is a little bit mhm..bad - my opinion. But I don't think that Eric plays too much over at the Revenge album. I like it very much but a bunch of songs haven't the vibe like the songs on LIU
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

Yes, REVENGE was good. I remember that I stopped listening to KISS after Asylum because I didn't like their music anymore. Asylum was too commercial even though I did see them in concert on the Asylum tour in 1985. It was a great show, however, I didn't listen to any of their new albums until Revenge in 1992 and I didn't know that Vinnie contributed to it so I now realize that I really like Vinnie's guitar style. And i just realized a few weeks ago that CREATURES and LICK IT UP are my favorite Kiss albums.