Gary Corbett Fighting Cancer - Please Donate

Talk about Kiss
WizKid

Gary Corbett Fighting Cancer - Please Donate

Post by WizKid »

Our wonderfully kind and talented friend, keyboardist, Gary Corbett needs your help and support.

He's been struggling with health issues, and now we've heard that Gary has a very aggressive form of cancer- lung cancer that has metastasized to his brain & hip. ( The good news is IT IS TREATABLE)

As you know, most musicians don't have health insurance, or when they do, it's not that great. Due to the costs of treatment, Gary is on the verge of losing his home, and the medical bills are piling up alongside all the other bills.

He has completed a series of radiation therapy, is undergoing an aggressive series of chemo and immunotherapy, and is slated to start cognitive and occupational therapy soon.

Gary and his wife Lenora are desperate. They cannot afford to pay for his treatment and stopping it is not an option.

This is where your help comes in: This money will help pay his outrageous medical costs and keep his bills and mortgage paid while he's coping with his illness and the long road to recovery.

If you cannot donate, please share this page to your social media pages and with your friends so that we can get the word around and make sure Gary is taken care of.

If you know Gary, he's as nice as they come. He's an extraordinary talent and has touched the lives of many people through his generosity and kindness.

Here's a little about Gary you may not know:

Gary Corbett is best known for his work as the keyboardist for rock superstars KISS, and Cinderella.

He co-wrote the iconic #1 hit She Bop for Cyndi Lauper.

He has also played with Lou Gramm of Foreigner, Molly Hatchett, and Ronnie Wood.

He has conducted a live orchestra with pop idol Debbie Gibson, played piano with Whitney Houston, Lou Reed, and Taylor Dayne, played keyboards and produced reggae legends Damian and Stephen Marley, and has been seen most recently performing with Ted Nugent's original vocalist Derek St. Holmes.

He is an award-winning, multi-platinum songwriter, keyboardist, performer & producer.

His Emmy comes from a documentary he did pro bono work about and called Hunger In America.

He has done USO tours- even getting to fly in a fighter jet in South Korea, made wishes come true with the Make a Wish Foundation, and played at countless fundraisers. Gary never says no to anyone in need.

Now it's time to turn the generosity back to help our friend who is struggling to stay above water.

Whether it's $1.00 or $1000, every little bit will go directly to Gary's family to help cover the mounting bills and medical costs.

Thank you in advance for your generosity and please make sure to share this- Gary has helped so many, many will want to help him.

Link to donate: https://gofund.me/a291222c
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Gary Corbett Fighting Cancer - Please Donate

Post by Genebaby »

Poor Gary, I hope he pulls through!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

Poor Guy.
Hope $immon$ and $tandly remember him (aka the KISS family tree) and help out.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

metatron wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:43 am Poor Guy.
Hope $immon$ and $tandly remember him (aka the KISS family tree) and help out.
Gary trashed the hell out of Gene and Paul over what they did to Eric Carr. Without him, the real story probably wouldn't be known.

I doubt either will shed a tear over him.
metatron

Post by metatron »

https://www.metal-rules.com/2011/07/31/ ... y-corbett/

'Yeah, Bruce once said that Eric changed really quickly. He didn’t get his songs for the albums, and his solo was cut off and stuff like that, so he got pissed off, and he was kind of rebel against Gene and Paul, which must have been, you know, impossible?

Yes, that is impossible, and that might be Paul’s version of it, and he kind of lumps it all in as one thing, and it wasn’t. What happened with Eric’s solo was on the Monsters tour. It was with Iron Maiden. Maiden was headlining. KISS was not headlining, so they weren’t able to do the full show. So at that point, they took the solo out. But then after the Monster shows, we did the rest of the tour when we came here, and everything, and they still said no drum solo. And that really hurt Eric, but at the beginning of the Hot in the Shade -tour for the first three months of that tour, Eric wouldn’t even talk to Gene and Paul. He would get on the bus, headphones, dark glasses, sit down, look anywhere but in their direction. It was pretty uncomfortable to be around for three months. You know you’re on a tour bus, which is a very small area, but yeah, so you know Eric took those things really personally. He loved being the drummer in KISS. It meant everything to him, and his solo tour was very important to him. And Paul, I think, took some pleasure in, you know, pushing Eric’s buttons, and he knew exactly how to do it, and yeah, he did it quite a bit. And it really upset Eric, but you know that was ’88 when that happened, and you know you’re talking about Hot in the Shade when you know, so there’s always stuff going on between the two of them, you know. And Gene really liked Eric, but you know Paul is Paul, and you know? Do you know the story about Eric in Amsterdam?

Yeah, at least some parts of it….

That was my fault. As a matter of fact, when I showed up to Modena, I was in the restaurant eating and Paul, I had left the tour for a couple of days to visit my sister who lived in Switzerland, and I didn’t know all that took place after I left with Eric. And I showed up, and Paul was like, oh, I heard you got Eric in trouble, and he tried to blame me for it. But the reason why that happened in Amsterdam was because of the drum solo, that’s why Eric–that was the only time in Eric’s life that he ever did that, and it was because he was really upset about the drum solo. He had just been told that after the Monsters tour was done and they did the regular tour that he still wasn’t going to get to do his drum solo, and he came to me, will you go to the Bulldog? You got to take me with you, he’s “I want to get high,” and I’m like, really? You?'

'THE END OF THE PARTY

When you quit playing with KISS?

I did the first leg of the “Revenge” tour, I did the European part, and it was after that, before the United States leg we did split, yeah.

Why did you decide to leave?

Well, again, you know you’re going to hear a few different sides depending on who you ask. We were all pretty close, but it was just time. I was close with Eric; dealing with his illness and his death was really hard on me. And I didn’t really agree with a lot of things that Gene and Paul did at the time, and after Eric passed away, I was pretty angry at them and I really–when I came over and did the UK with them, and I got on the bus, and again it’s a small space I realized I didn’t want to be there anymore. And I couldn’t just put on the headphones and glasses as Eric did, you know, so it was just time to go. So I, you know–we got back to the States, and I think we were both thinking the same thing because I spoke to Gene, and you know he was telling me that if I was going to continue that I would need to ride the crew bus now because I guess they didn’t want to be around me either you know. And I told him that if I was going to continue, I did want to get double as much money, you know? So we were both using the same way to get out of it gracefully.

So it was a good decision for both parties, I think?

Right, but then once they went back to the makeup, they never used the keyboards again, so–that’s the only thing that bothers me about not finishing the “Revenge” -the tour was because if I had, I could have said I was the only guy that ever did it.'

And you missed playing on ALIVE III album…“ laughs.”

Oh, why, they did an ALIVE III with Derek (Sherinian)? See, there you go. Oh man, yeah, that too, but that did bother me a little bit because, you know, it’s a cool thing to have on my resume. I was never a big fan, I was not a big fan, you know beforehand, but it was you know KISS is KISS, and they’re huge, so it’s a good thing.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
metatron

Post by metatron »

That Stanley Bert Eisen, she's a real piece of work.
Real Asshole. You'd think a successful woo-men like that would be more confident, have better leadership skills, have more empathy, have the ability to convoy why, say it the case of Eric Carr's drum solo being cut from the Iron Maiden Tour due to time constraints (due to KISS not headlining).
Yer Stanley's a real asshole. Feel sorry for those who piss their hard earned money towards meets and greets for such individuals.
Thank God I've always been in the mindset that it is the Artist's duty to meet their fans for free (goes without saying) as without the fan they are nothing. Maybe her Majesty Queen Stanley Bert Eisen will get that someday.
ankh

Post by ankh »

Unfortunately, as you already know by now, Gary has passed away. Yesterday, his birthday btw, losing his battle against cancer.

May he rest in peace.
Condolences to his wife and his family and all the people who know him.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, it's sad to hear his battle has come to an end.

It's not been a good week.
Commander in chief - VVF Army