Bob Kulick passes away

Talk about Kiss
Genebaby
Site Admin

Bob Kulick passes away

Post by Genebaby »

R.I.P. Bob. :(

I couldn't believe it when I saw the news this morning.
Bob_Kulick.jpg
Bob_Kulick.jpg (50.71 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
Commander in chief - VVF Army
LUDIVINE

Re: Bob Kulick passes away

Post by LUDIVINE »

This is such a sad news. RIP Bob. Hard to realize that you are gone.

2020 is such a shitty year.

Memories. Todd Kerns the singer is just amazing too.

Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

For BOB

Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
n3p

Post by n3p »

Holy shit, RIP...
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Very sad news indeed.

My first Kiss gig was October 1984 - on the Animalize Tour in Stafford, England, which of course was during Bruce Kulick's first tour outing with the band. I was 15, and managed to place myself right down at the front stage left, about 10 ft in front of where I figured Gene would be. We were packed in tight. After the support act came and went (a young, unknown and hungry band called Bon Jovi), this guy pushed his way through the crowd and placed himself next to me. We exchanged a glance and nodded at each other. He was considerably older than me I thought, and I noticed he was bald with a huge, bushy moustache. The sleeves of his leather jacket were rolled up and he had black sweatbands on both wrists. As the lights went down, the roar went up and Kiss appeared and started cranking out Detroit Rock City.

The bald guy started pumping his fist in the air as the front section of the crowd we were a part of jumped up and down with the music and he yelled, whooped and hollered, turned to me and with a huge grin and glint in his eye shouted "THAT'S MY BOTHER!!" pointing of course at the lead guitarist (who I assumed at the time was Mark St John - only to read later in Kerrang magazine that it wasn't!). I tried to marry up in my head this random bald guy and the long shaggy permed locks of the lead guitarist, and figured he was bullshitting me, but carried on and enjoyed my first Kiss show. We jumped, yelled, fist pumped and clapped next to each other right the way through the set.

Of course years later as an adult, I figured out that the bald guy was, of course, Bob Kulick, clearly travelling on the tour to support his brother.

My friend who was standing behind us took a camera and snagged a great picture of Gene with the back of my and Bob's heads in the foreground, but it's now long gone.

Rest in Peace Bob - a huge talent. The Kiss Kruise sets are a great legacy of his talent I thought.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Great story about Bob man, how cool is that!
Simonbfrost

Post by Simonbfrost »

LUDIVINE wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:14 am For BOB

Nice post for Bob!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The Crimson Idol is a fantastic album I was listening to it a few weeks ago, and I listened to it a LOT when it came out. Very inspired of Blackie. I really liked KFD as well, but Chris was back for that one.

Bob was all over it on The Crimson Idol and I really liked the drumming too, Stet was great on this and KFD.
Mikelangelo

Post by Mikelangelo »

Bob's passing came as a shock, I tell you!!! I was just listening to KISS Alive II side 4. (you know what for!!!) 😲