ACE FREHLEY TO RELEASE ORIGINS VOL 2

Talk about Kiss
LUDIVINE

ACE FREHLEY TO RELEASE ORIGINS VOL 2

Post by LUDIVINE »

Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
RipRokken

Re: ACE FREHLEY TO RELEASE ORIGINS VOL 2

Post by RipRokken »

Whoa! That sounds interesting, especially with Lita Ford and Robin Zander as guests! I’ll have to check that out... thanks!
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:03 am Whoa! That sounds interesting, especially with Lita Ford and Robin Zander as guests! I’ll have to check that out... thanks!
I am happy you appreciate my post Etienne. As it is July 4th for you in the US, here is a gift for you

Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

I dig it! Thanks! :D
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:29 am I dig it! Thanks! :D
here's a pic of My KISS BOBBLE i bought yesterday, i found them so cute. It's a new release, I bought the wole set. Just for fun
Attachments
kissfunkopops.jpg
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Those are really cool! What part of Gene’s figure bobbles? :lol:
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:49 am Those are really cool! What part of Gene’s figure bobbles? :lol:
:D :D :D :D :D :D I know it's the head ! But I could have replied something else ooooops !
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Are you sure it’s not the schmeckle? :lol: :lol: :lol:
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:30 am Are you sure it’s not the schmeckle? :lol: :lol: :lol:
what is the schmeckle ?
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

LUDIVINE wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:32 amwhat is the schmeckle ?
I’m not quite sure, but he mentions here (watch from the 4:00 mark):

LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:40 am
LUDIVINE wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:32 amwhat is the schmeckle ?
I’m not quite sure, but he mentions here (watch from the 4:00 mark):

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know what it means now ! That's what i meant when i wrote oooops
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Are those the new KISS Pops? Do their heads bobble? I thought they were just static. I bought them the other week, but didn't take them out of the box.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

And I never really listened to Vol 1 so I'm not that excited about Vol 2. Didn't even listen to the song Paul was on.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:18 pm Are those the new KISS Pops? Do their heads bobble? I thought they were just static. I bought them the other week, but didn't take them out of the box.
Yes, they are the new Kiss pops ! I guess their head Bobble, they are called Kiss bobble figurine. I will tell you. Vic, why don't you open the box to check ?
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:19 pm And I never really listened to Vol 1 so I'm not that excited about Vol 2. Didn't even listen to the song Paul was on.
Vic, are you a KISS fan or just A Vinnie fan ? I have some nice stuff about KISS.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:19 pm And I never really listened to Vol 1 so I'm not that excited about Vol 2. Didn't even listen to the song Paul was on.
Here is fire & water Ace and Paul, just in case you want to listen to it.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

LUDIVINE wrote:
Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:18 pm Are those the new KISS Pops? Do their heads bobble? I thought they were just static. I bought them the other week, but didn't take them out of the box.
Yes, they are the new Kiss pops ! I guess their head Bobble, they are called Kiss bobble figurine. I will tell you. Vic, why don't you open the box to check ?
I don't plan on ever opening them. Same as the dolls that started coming out after the reunion. They stay in the box for the collection.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

LUDIVINE wrote:
Vic, are you a KISS fan or just A Vinnie fan ? I have some nice stuff about KISS.
I'm a huge KISS fan for sure. Seen them many times and will see them again with the kids for the last time in November.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:53 pm
LUDIVINE wrote:
I'm a huge KISS fan for sure. Seen them many times and will see them again with the kids for the last time in November.
OK that's just great !!!! I will have to open the box of 1 bobble doll to check. But I think i will display them and keep the boxes. I know as a collector that the boxes should not be opened, but i don't intend to sell them.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:51 pm
LUDIVINE wrote:
I don't plan on ever opening them. Same as the dolls that started coming out after the reunion. They stay in the box for the collection.
I plan to buy Sammy the serpent/snake. It is artist made. the model i want is 30". I always loved sammy. I know where I will display it.
Attachments
65776421_394060221467604_8158480697342820352_n.jpg
65839360_394060184800941_860279097530515456_n.jpg
65839360_394060184800941_860279097530515456_n.jpg
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That Sammy is awesome! I guess it's for sale near you?
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:55 pm That Sammy is awesome! I guess it's for sale near you?
NO, the artis is in the US, he ships worldwide !
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool, how much and how big is he? Full size?
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:14 pm Cool, how much and how big is he? Full size?
There are 2 size 19" and 30 ". I want the 30". the price for the 30" is 225 USD + shipping. He does payment condition. I know it's not that cheap but limited collector items are expensive. I want Sammy !!!!
He has a lot of kiss stuff. He has a Vinnie lifesize bust that I want And a Paul Stanley one that I want too. He has all kiss Members bust.
I don't like everything he does, but he has a lot of interesting creations !!!!
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Nice Sammy! Would make a great addition to a collection.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:39 pm Nice Sammy! Would make a great addition to a collection.
YEP, that's why I want Sammy ! This is a great item ! A lot of people want it !
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, cause Sammy is cool.

This one and our Sammy too!
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:49 am Yes, cause Sammy is cool.

This one and our Sammy too!
I dunno who is your Sammy !
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Streetbeat is our Sammy.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:00 am Streetbeat is our Sammy.
ok. Thank you.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

I have to admit, I’d never heard of Sammy the Snake until this thread. :lol: I’m learning a ton here. He’s a stage prop? What is his history?
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:48 am I have to admit, I’d never heard of Sammy the Snake until this thread. :lol: I’m learning a ton here. He’s a stage prop? What is his history?
Have you ever wondered about the fate of Sam T. Serpent? Well wonder no more! Sammy was officially retired at the end of the Unmasked Tour. But where did he end up after that? Unfortunately his final resting spot is a landfill in Philadelphia! His last sighting was at a club in a Philly suburb called Pulsations. Pictured in the middle is Guido Basile from the tribute band Dressed To Kill NJ posing with Sam in 1985. Shortly after the club was renovated and poor Sammy was thrown in the dumpster! The interesting part of the story is that McManus Lighting did the lights for the club and they owned the Love Gun/ Alive II stage so this club had bought the lights, risers, lighted steps and the second set of cats (fat cats) from the Winter Tour, Tom and Jerry were used at Pulsations. By 1985 it was decided that interest in Kiss had waned and renovated the club!

SAMMY is back on the EOTR tour !!!!!
Attachments
D0H2UqwX0AAmq76.jpg
f07a467fc2b8efdc6081785bcae1d66c.png
f07a467fc2b8efdc6081785bcae1d66c.png (387.45 KiB) Viewed 4955 times
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Very interesting! ...and amazing what people throw away sometimes, lol.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:40 am Very interesting! ...and amazing what people throw away sometimes, lol.
YEP, so now you know who Sammy the Serpent is. Forums are also there to share info about history !
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

My first album was KISS Destroyer. My parents said they really regretted buying it for me, lol. I guess I played it too loud, played too much air guitar, and started sticking my tongue out too much, lol.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:55 am My first album was KISS Destroyer. My parents said they really regretted buying it for me, lol. I guess I played it too loud, played too much air guitar, and started sticking my tongue out too much, lol.
Mine was Dynasty ! I bought the other albums later, because the covers were scaring me. So I started with Dynasty first, i loved it. So i bought all the albums after that. The last vynil I bought was unmasked.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

I’ve actually never heard any of Unmasked (that I know of, anyway), though I think I’ve heard it was good. I do remember when it came out. I think I’ll listen to it now. :D
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:13 am I’ve actually never heard any of Unmasked (that I know of, anyway), though I think I’ve heard it was good. I do remember when it came out. I think I’ll listen to it now. :D
Honestly I don't like unmasked. Except 1 song : naked city

Now I buy KISS best off, or watch everything on Youtube.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Unamsked is great, Dynasty is great, I love most KISS albums, but not fond of stuff since the reunion, I can't really listen to it.

Sebastian Bach used to have the big cats that were near Peter's drums, from Destroyer/Rock n Roll Over I think. They almost got lost when his house was flooded, but I think he found them again.

Pity the original Sammy was thrown out, but the mid 80s, yeah, it was not a big time for KISS. There were fans about, but on a much smaller, and more intense scale. Someone would have loved Sammy, and if there had been an internet they could have easily found him a new home.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:17 pm Unamsked is great, Dynasty is great, I love most KISS albums, but not fond of stuff since the reunion, I can't really listen to it.

Sebastian Bach used to have the big cats that were near Peter's drums, from Destroyer/Rock n Roll Over I think. They almost got lost when his house was flooded, but I think he found them again.

Pity the original Sammy was thrown out, but the mid 80s, yeah, it was not a big time for KISS. There were fans about, but on a much smaller, and more intense scale. Someone would have loved Sammy, and if there had been an internet they could have easily found him a new home.
Yes i saw these 2 cats. I think, if I remember well that someone is making replicas of them too.

Poor Sammy, sad to end up like this. So I learned today that the one that is on stage now is not the original one.

The last Kiss cd i bought is Sonic boom. I like only 1 song. So, as I said now I buy best off. I do that for most of the bands I like. I have to buy Paul "live to win" dvd. Because i love this show, and all the songs. The quality of the videos on Youtube is not so great.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

I enjoyed Paul’s “Live To Win”, but it was a really short album — total of about 30 minutes. I remember an interviewer asking about the short length, and Paul said something like that was all the time he needed to say what he wanted to say, and he didn’t like to drag out a song.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:07 pm I enjoyed Paul’s “Live To Win”, but it was a really short album — total of about 30 minutes. I remember an interviewer asking about the short length, and Paul said something like that was all the time he needed to say what he wanted to say, and he didn’t like to drag out a song.
My mistake, i was not talking about the album, but about the show. The video of "I still love you" i sent to you is from that show.

Here's another song from that show

It's written live to win on the drums.

the comments about the dvd " Paul live during his solo Live To Win tour at the House Of Blues in Chicago, this dvd was never my favorite, the video quality is terrible as you can see, and in 2006 you could hear Paul's voice starting to deteriorate, and as we all know by now, Paul nowadays has had surgery on his vocal cords "
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Credit to the guy for churning out music and shows at his age.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I thought Paul still sounded great on the LTW tour. A bit of a last hurrah for his vocals.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

doublev2 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:45 pm Credit to the guy for churning out music and shows at his age.
Yes I agree 100 %. Still kicking their ass with Gene at almost 70
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:24 pm I thought Paul still sounded great on the LTW tour. A bit of a last hurrah for his vocals.
For me he sounds great on LTW tour. This show is one of my fav. The lead guitar is just great !!!!!!