Paul Stanley Revenge

Talk about Kiss
KraigoWaffles

Paul Stanley Revenge

Post by KraigoWaffles »

Don't know if anyone here got a chance to catch Paul Stanley on Chris Jericho's podcast last year talking about the anniversary of Revenge and working with Vinnie Vincent again. Kinda tight lipped about Vinnie & his relationship. It's the 73rd episode down.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tal ... 16946?mt=2
poserboy71

Re: Paul Stanley Revenge

Post by poserboy71 »

I listened to it.
Makes a person dislike Paul even more.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
KraigoWaffles

Post by KraigoWaffles »

poserboy71 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:43 am I listened to it.
Makes a person dislike Paul even more.
Agreed. I think him attacking Dee Snider because Dee Snider, who is a kiss fan, had an opinion about them replacing the Catman & Space Ace characters with new people instead new characters like they did with Eric Carr & Vinnie, makes Paul seem more douchey. He could have easily said, "Well, that's his opinion. Not everybody agrees, etc." But no. Not Paul's style.
zoid2323

Post by zoid2323 »

I thought Paul was the diplomatic one... Guess not.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yep! Shut down the discussion ASAP is his motto.

And the comments about not releasing Unholy as the first single because it wasn't a Paul song!!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I've always loved Vinnie's voice and after an Amazing rendition of "Tear's" ....Vinnie humbly states that he's not a singer and jokingly claims he's no Paul Stanley, thus giving Paul some credit....yet, you will never hear Paul say that Vinnie could write better songs, sing just as good or run circles around him on guitar, Paul always has to be ( in his mind) better than anybody for fear of someone taking his Spotlight !
VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

Since all of you are fully aware of how Paul feels about Vinnie, is should come as no suprise that Paul will not be sharing a stage with him.
Rise All Creatures, Hail To The Beast...Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Paul is the manager of a band. He has to be loyal to tommy or tommy will start feeling insecure. Listen not everything is as it seems. If the fans demand it and gene is OK with it eventually the fans and gene will win. Paul may love vv but feels it wrong to say in public. Paul had a harder job of being a free voice as he has people in the band who will be heavily effected that saying vv is amazing and I hope he can come back one day.

I think if vv keeps the expos coming a keeps the love for kiss coming it will happen.

If vv starts getting iterated with Paul that is really what Paul wants and then he can say I told you so.

If vv plays one of those amazing kiss tunes he said he wrote and Paul likes it vv will be in the driving seat hopefully.
Bye Bye
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

Gene is a nice guy who wants everyone to think he's an asshole

Paul is an asshole who wants everyone to think he's a nice guy
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

ZachAttack wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:55 am Gene is a nice guy who wants everyone to think he's an asshole

Paul is an asshole who wants everyone to think he's a nice guy
That's good!!!
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:34 am Paul is the manager of a band. He has to be loyal to tommy or tommy will start feeling insecure. Listen not everything is as it seems. If the fans demand it and gene is OK with it eventually the fans and gene will win. Paul may love vv but feels it wrong to say in public. Paul had a harder job of being a free voice as he has people in the band who will be heavily effected that saying vv is amazing and I hope he can come back one day.

I think if vv keeps the expos coming a keeps the love for kiss coming it will happen.

If vv starts getting iterated with Paul that is really what Paul wants and then he can say I told you so.

If vv plays one of those amazing kiss tunes he said he wrote and Paul likes it vv will be in the driving seat hopefully.
I can see some possible reality here.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

If vv has killer kiss songs written and kiss want them them I would say 100 percent that vv can save kiss again. Yes he saved kiss in 82 most likely but kiss need saving more than ever. . Kiss need vv more than they know especially if he has tunes written.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Even if Vinnie did not have any tunes written, he is 100% the guy they should be writing with. Now and always, he would pull songs out of them they didn't know they had, while injecting his own amazing songwriting ability.

The backing track on Unholy is so cool, no way Gene came up with those guitar parts, as a case in point.

If they just got together again to write, it would be incredible, and a KISS album I would be proud of and would actually listen too.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
KraigoWaffles

Post by KraigoWaffles »

Can you imagine if VV had helped write & record Psycho Circus? I think they would have made a great album.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:09 pm If vv has killer kiss songs written and kiss want them them I would say 100 percent that vv can save kiss again. Yes he saved kiss in 82 most likely but kiss need saving more than ever. . Kiss need vv more than they know especially if he has tunes written.
Nice to see you admit Vinnie saved KISS!
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV