Music From the Elder

Talk about Kiss
HarkStJohn

Music From the Elder

Post by HarkStJohn »

Some rare footage of adverts from a bygone era.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Music From the Elder

Post by Genebaby »

After listening to The Wall I gave The Elder another listen.

The correct song order on the new releases is much better.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
ankh

Post by ankh »

still wondering why they didn't include the spoken dialogues and a bit more stuff...............
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, it was gonna be a hard sell no matter what, when you consider their target audience, so messing around with the story is just shooting yourself in the foot.
ankh

Post by ankh »

yeah the shot themselves in the foot with a bazooka,considering the outcome.Another case of G&P's brilliant big plans for success.Just imagine the frame of mind they were on."Peter is not here to stop us,we can outvote Ace, and we will show everybody how smart, serious and technically proficient we truly are".
AS much as both peter and Ace were impossible to deal with at the time, they at least had their judgement clouded by drugs.
The elder phase big plans-made by the smart one who didn't deal with substance abuse- ended up more like a unintentional marketing ploy for advocating getting high or drunk, in a way.
AS much as i like the album-and still wonder what it could have been with the dialogues and more music-it was a blunt declaration about how clueless and delusional they were,when it came to find new audience and win over the critics.............
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

ankh wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:27 am yeah the shot themselves in the foot with a bazooka,considering the outcome.Another case of G&P's brilliant big plans for success.Just imagine the frame of mind they were on."Peter is not here to stop us,we can outvote Ace, and we will show everybody how smart, serious and technically proficient we truly are".
AS much as both peter and Ace were impossible to deal with at the time, they at least had their judgement clouded by drugs.
The elder phase big plans-made by the smart one who didn't deal with substance abuse- ended up more like a unintentional marketing ploy for advocating getting high or drunk, in a way.
AS much as i like the album-and still wonder what it could have been with the dialogues and more music-it was a blunt declaration about how clueless and delusional they were,when it came to find new audience and win over the critics.............
Perfect analysis.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
ankh

Post by ankh »

Thanks PB, too kind :D .

"Nobody is taking the easy way out, putting the makeup back on and writing the "son of Destroyer"" GS, a few years before the reunion.

Funny how words can come back at ya :mrgreen:

History repeated itself when it came to "Psycho Circus".
Instead of writing an album with full contribution from everybody,in a free form, the two Smarties thought to make a bland photocopy of Destroyer, with each one of them playng roles. Ace and peter were paid to not play on the album and we got songs and carachters boarding on self parody.In an age were mistakes could have been corrected during production, they chose different ghost players.Peter brought "Hope" that, even if it is not my cup of tea at least was somehting different and more "adult" that the drivel he was forced to sing( that bland Paul's ripoff of "Up where we belong").They made exactly what they were criticizing years before, a kiddie record fro a kiddie band.At least Geno put some effort and wrote a couple of decent tune.Why they chose to inclue "you want the best" is Beyond me.
Bruce fairbarn went an extra mile to make them come out of their niche, and paul wasn't happy about it, to the point that, in is usual crassy way, he spoke ill of Bruce even after his Death.

Again, being such consummate business men and musicians, they topped that with the karaoke version of " i don't want to miss a thing" for the DRC soundtrack.Even the new version of the title ttrack was left off the final CD.

Even when giving credit where the credit it's due, you can't help but wonder what Paul n' Geno refer to when they say they know what to do with the band and how Ace and peter were clueless druggies..
Yet Ace put some interesting solo cd and even Peter in his last performace came with some arragements of Kiss classics that were more interesting and less kitsch than what was recorded for "Symphony",that sounded so much like those loungy version of pop hits.........arranged by barry White's(R.i.P.) musical director.

I wonder, why they hate their feet so much? :P

Paul during recent years behaved like a cranky,petty old woman.In his biography he spared no one from his criticism, not even dead people like Bill and Eric.Coming from somebody who has done 20+ years of therapy, that kind of low class behavior- from somebody who loves to portrait(pun intended) himself like a cool renaissance man who finally reached an equilibrium- makes you wonder if peter-who exaggerated a lot of things and also made some factual errors-was right in his descritpion of how paul was and how things went during the reunion.

Sorry for the rant................

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh man, that song Paul wrote that Peter had to sing for PC is THE WORST KISS song ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everytime I Look At You blows, but that other song is a gale force hurricane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ankh

Post by ankh »

"Every time...." is a washed up copy of cat Stevens's "first cut is the deepest"................

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Eh, I like the album, but I've only heard the new releases (since I know the old ones had the wrong order so I avoided them like a plage), so there's that.

"Under the Rose" is criminally underrated, if you ask me... sure, a bit pretencious, but what song from that album wasn't? :P
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I like the elder. Under the rose, Mr Blackwell etc..world without hero's one of best kiss tunes. I love how creepy the thing is.. Ezrin was wrong guy to do it though, a different producer could have sent it over the edge. I think ezrin in some aspects is over rated.
. It was an idea not super well done but they were trying. I think any attempt at something different is great.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I loved it when it came out too! Maybe this is why I got into Iron Maiden a couple of years later? Had a listen to the remaster and yes, the album flows better with the songs in the correct order.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(