Thayer the thief

Talk about Kiss
ThayerPower

Thayer the thief

Post by ThayerPower »

We all know Tommy stole Ace's make-up, I guess its in the blood lol.

'And I have Scottish roots. My mother’s family is from Scotland. We are Cunninghams. My understanding is that my family fled Scotland as they were horse thieves.'

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tvands ... -scotland/
tukoztukoz

Re: Thayer the thief

Post by tukoztukoz »

Do you think his scottish ancestors stole gold leaf violas or pink pointy lutes too?
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Tommy didn't steal anything, why do you think that?

He is allowed to use it in the official KISS band of today as they own the design.

If Ace sold it that's just the way it is.

If it was stolen there would be legal issues, of which there are none.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

For starters, I think it is well-known that wearing Ace's make-up wasn't Tommy's decission, it was Gene's and Paul's, since it is they that owned the trademark for Ace's makeup.

(Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, however)

If this is true, your argument basically makes no sense whatsoever.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I think Ace still owns his makeup and paid by KISS to use it.

I think Peter sold ALL his rights though.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
VinceVandergraff

Post by VinceVandergraff »

shramiac wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 7:24 pm I think Ace still owns his makeup and paid by KISS to use it.
This I seriously doubt. If Ace still owned it, he probably would have used it (the spaceman design) somehow in the design of his latest record cover, Origins Volume One. I don't believe he would have made any agreement for someone else to pose as him, look like him, dress like him, play like him, act like him, etc. He has publicly (in interviews) shown a distaste to Thayer using it.

However, I wonder if Paul & Gene own Vinnie's Ankh design, and if so, would they be willing to sell it? They aren't using it for anything.
ThayerPower

Post by ThayerPower »

'"I walked out on the band; I quit. What they really should have done is, if they wanted to dress up a guy to play lead guitar, they should have come up with different makeup like they did with [other KISS replacement members] Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent. That's what the fans are upset about."'

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ace-fr ... -this-guy/
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

VinceVandergraff wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 2:56 am
However, I wonder if Paul & Gene own Vinnie's Ankh design, and if so, would they be willing to sell it? They aren't using it for anything.
They don't. Vinnie nabbed it while Gene and Paul weren't looking. That's what caused the whole mess with Gene and Paul not wanting to make new make-up for new members to begin with. That's the reason why you rarely see it anymore.

Somehow -I don't remember the exact details, I do apologize. PRETTY SURE someone else know- Vinnie got ahold of The Fox make-up too, which lead to some very strange posters of Vinnie wearing the Fox makeup for no reason.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Tommy didn't steel anything. He is really a great guy who know the riffs of the songs better than Frehley's knowing it today.
He is playing a role. The role he must playing in KISS !
But I met Tommy two times and he is one of the nicest persons I've ever met in my life!

Wolfi
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Both epiphones I have came with a certificate of authenticity. For the Ace model there's a printed signature, which is not the case with the Thayer epi: hand-signed by Tommy. Real signature. He could have done like Ace, but no... cool Tommy!
say two sky two say fare
ThayerPower

Post by ThayerPower »

tukoztukoz wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 6:20 am Both epiphones I have came with a certificate of authenticity. For the Ace model there's a printed signature, which is not the case with the Thayer epi: hand-signed by Tommy. Real signature. He could have done like Ace, but no... cool Tommy!
Considering how much Ace vibrates the signature is probably better off printed.
Ronz

Post by Ronz »

I'm Scottish, why does everybody think that because you have a distant 4th generation relative that you're Scottish? lol

Ronz