ACE ROCK N ROLL HELL

Talk about Kiss
doublev2

ACE ROCK N ROLL HELL

Post by doublev2 »

Some production choices I don't like but Ace has made this a more palatable tune in my opinion. The creatures version to me was over done. [youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
NashCoywolf14

Re: ACE ROCK N ROLL HELL

Post by NashCoywolf14 »

I was in shock when I first heard it was on Origins! I don't know which one I like more XD
I'm friends with Robert Fleischman and John Regan and it's really cool. You have no idea how much I freaked out when they actually became my friends. XD
*Be warned, I'll make puns whenever it fits. :lol:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Solo was 55% pure shit!

Song was okay but not a patch on the CoTN version. Gene's vocals better too.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:Solo was 55% pure shit!

Song was okay but not a patch on the CoTN version. Gene's vocals better too.
Sorry Dino!

THIS1
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

I don't like this version, 'cause Ace isn't Gene and the vocal performance is a lot better than Ace. The guitar part is also not that one, I wanna hear on this tune, I miss the hit notes and the original grooving parts.
My opinion...

Wolfi
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm not sure what Ace was thinking attempting this song. I don't mind the drum and guitar sound, but his vocal is weak for this tune and yes, the solo is just random crap.

Still very interesting he chose to cover a tune from when he had departed so was never involved in originally.

I have ignored this album though, this is the only song I've heard from it so far.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i way prefer ace vocals on this. i dont like the effects though. the drums are weeker but i feel like the way kiss recorded it its a lost tune. i dont know what i am saying to be honest
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You are funny Dino.

I like Ace's voice, just not what he's done here.

I was thinking though, that wow, close your eyes and it could be Ace from the 70's. Open your eyes and it's definitely Ace from the 2010's.....lol....
Commander in chief - VVF Army
ankh

Post by ankh »

one of his collaborators suggested to Ace to cover this song; apparently he wanted people to hear what would have it been if he was still ion the band.Not a good idea and poor vocal performance.

Ace also butchered "emerald", both the song and the vocal rendition.If he had chosen Robbo instead of Slash maybe the song could have sounded better.

he should have stuck with Stones, the Faces and so on.
I liked his version of "Bring it on",tough.

the rest of the cd sounds average to me,there's no song that sounds like he made it his own, like he did in the past.

Sorry if i say somethign unpopular, but the fact that Ace does something doesn't mean it is manna from heaven.Especially when he puts out an average product.

I liked SI quite a lot.Warts' ann' all, he recycled some of his style but also overcomed a few of his shortcomings,sometimes to a simple but brilliant extent.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

I saw Ace a few years back. Was expecting a car crash, and had it in my head to leave early, but he was incredible. Great energy about him and you really appreciate his playing when watching live.

IMO this is the best track on the album, although I don't like Ace's singing style when he does that talking thing. Granted by his own admission he's not a singer by any stretch, but if you're going to do it, do it!

Similarly, I'm not a fan of the sloppy solo; I know this is indicative of Ace's playing style, but it works better live rather than in the studio. I much prefer Robben Ford's more 'precise' solo on the original track.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

aeroflott wrote:I saw Ace a few years back. Was expecting a car crash, and had it in my head to leave early, but he was incredible. Great energy about him and you really appreciate his playing when watching live.

IMO this is the best track on the album, although I don't like Ace's singing style when he does that talking thing. Granted by his own admission he's not a singer by any stretch, but if you're going to do it, do it!

Similarly, I'm not a fan of the sloppy solo; I know this is indicative of Ace's playing style, but it works better live rather than in the studio. I much prefer Robben Ford's more 'precise' solo on the original track.
THIS :?: :!:
VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

After reading Paul's book, life with Ace and Peter was a rock n roll hell.
I used to love peter and ace, but actually I can't help but think of how they really need to wear makeup with a big L on their foreheads.

Both of them are very delusional. I can only imagine how hard it was for the boyz to deal with Vinnie.
Rise All Creatures, Hail To The Beast...Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast.
Spacewig

Post by Spacewig »

I prefer the COTN version over this. However, it's good to see Ace improving again. The last time I saw him play was about 9 years ago, and it was absolutely terrible! His playing was so bad & sloppy, like he wasn't even trying.