Ace Frehley Biography

Talk about Kiss
sunnyto666

Ace Frehley Biography

Post by sunnyto666 »

Former lead guitarist for hard rock super group "KISS", best known for his "space ace" character, on stage stagger, cackling laugh and smoking guitar effects. Frehley was born Paul Daniel Frehley on April 27th, 1951 in The Bronx, New York City and received his first electric guitar at age 14. A creative and gifted teenager, he counts the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin as early influences on his musical tastes.

Frehley answered a newspaper ad in early 1973 for a then unnamed group seeking a lead guitarist with "flash and balls", and successfully auditioned in front of bassist Gene Simmons and rhythm guitarist Paul Stanley to become the fourth member of what would become "KISS". Soon after the group was joined by drummer Peter Criss and the four set about launching themselves . After mediocre success from their first three albums, Kiss Alive (a double live album) was released in 1974, and the rocket ride had begun! KISS were the most successful US group from 1975 to 1980 with platinum selling albums and sold out stadium tours. However, cracks appeared in the band and Peter Criss left the group in 1980, followed by Frehley in 1982.

Frehley put together his own band ("Frehley's Comet") and they regularly toured the New York City club circuit and released several albums, predominantly purchased by KISS fans still loyal to Ace! However, after several years of icy relations between ex-members Frehley / Criss and band founders Simmons / Stanley, all four original members reunited for a 1995 MTV Unplugged Special that was met with huge interest. This prompted a full blown reunion tour (Kiss - Alive Worldwide) that was the biggest grossing tour of 1996/97!! Met with such keen enthusiasm from fans, the band toured relentlessly into the new century, however Peter Criss was not satisfied with his salary, and was replaced by drummer, Eric Singer, in 2001. Frehley stuck around another year or so, however the old issues of Ace's unreliability caught up with him once again, and he once more exited the band to be replaced by Tommy Thayer
[color=#FF00FF][/color]I DID IT MY WAY!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Ace Frehley Biography

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks Sunny, that's very concise. I was thinking there was a book coming out, I kept looking for the link. :D
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

There IS an Ace Frehley autobiography coming out in April(?) of 2011. I think that would've been a perfect time for Vinnie to release his as well.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Is there Rick? Who's involved in it, do you know?
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Joe Layden is the autor of the new book No Regrets. The book has 288 sites and is coming out on April 23. 2011. It's an official autobiography from Ace himself.

The ISBN Number is ISBN-13: 978-1451613940
or ISBN-10: 1451613946
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Joe Layden is an award-winning journalist and bestselling author.Layden has written more than thirty books, including The Last Great Fight, which was named one of the best sports books of 2007 by Sports Illustrated and the American Library Association. He is also the co-author of the New York Times bestsellers There and Back Again and The Rock Says. . . . He lives in upstate New York.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Great, another cool book to look forward to, excellent!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Another missed opportunity by Vinnie !!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

i do hope Ace tells all - been reading a lot of bio's of late - just finished Bobby Blotzer of Ratt - what a boring book that was - i knew it would be after the first page where he states he wont 'trash' anyone but he does to Nikki Sixx and Quiet Riot.

Im looking forward to this.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I was going to get that Blotzer book. Too bad he doesn't tell all. I am hooked on the new Eric Carr one right now. It's really easy to read as it's excerpts from different people all the time, going through the years.
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

Genebaby wrote:I was going to get that Blotzer book. Too bad he doesn't tell all. I am hooked on the new Eric Carr one right now. It's really easy to read as it's excerpts from different people all the time, going through the years.
Yeah Eric is next on the list - just started the Vince Neil one last night.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool, is it any good? I'll have to get that one too.
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

Not near as good as Heroin Diaries or the dirt but interesting to see Vince's point of view on some stuff - just a shame he doesnt seem to learn anything.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vince strikes me as the kind of guy that never learns. The Dirt was awesome but I didn't read The Heroin Diaries, my cousin has it and I skimmed through it once.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Judging from his recent separation/divorce and his recent D.U.I. ,he doesn't learn.
He does need a nice long time in jail for being a repeat offender with the drunk driving. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, I was thinking of Razzle just the other day. Something along the lines of, if the Crue had not become famous then he would still be alive.

Send Vince to jail!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Corabi is a better singer anyway!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The 1994 album with Corabi is one of their best along with Too Fat For Love.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

poserboy71 wrote:The 1994 album with Corabi is one of their best along with Too Fat For Love.
Too Fat For Love? Gene would never say that, lol!!! :D :D :D
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

HAHA!!! You caught that. My friends and I ALWAYS sing those words instead.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ah, so you did it on purpose. I thought maybe you had uck fupped. ;)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cleary this book is running a bit late but is due out November 1 now, so only a few days to go.

I was looking to order but it's only hardcover at the moment and I really don't like hardcover books. I bought The Dirt in hardcover and regretted it so I may wait a while.

Chapter 1, or part of it, is available to check out:

Chapter 1

A BRONX TALE

When I was a kid I used to carry around this awful image in my head—a picture of three men tangled awkwardly in high-tension wires, fifty feet in the air, their lifeless bodies crisping in the midday sun.

The horror they endured was shared with me by my father, an electrical engineer who worked, among other places, at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York, helping with the installation of a new power plant in the 1950s. Carl Frehley was a man of his times. He worked long hours, multiple jobs, did the best he could to provide a home for his wife and kids. Sometimes, on Sunday afternoons after church, he'd pile the whole family into a car and we'd drive north through the Bronx, into Westchester County, and eventually find ourselves on the banks of the Hudson River. Dad would take us on a tour of the West Point campus and grounds, introduce us to people, even take us into the control room of the electrical plant. I'm still not sure how he pulled that one off—getting security clearance for his whole family—but he did.

Dad would walk around, pointing out various sights, explaining the rhythm of his day and the work that he did, sometimes talking in the language of an engineer, a language that might as well have been Latin to me. Work was important, and I guess in some way he just wanted his kids to understand that; he wanted us to see this other part of his life.

One day, as we headed back to the car, my father paused and looked up at the electrical wires above, a net of steel and cable stretching across the autumn sky.

"You know, Paul," he said, "every day at work, we have a little contest before lunch."

I had no idea what he was talking about.

A contest? Before lunch?

Sounded like something we might have done at Grace Lutheran, where I went to elementary school in the Bronx.

"We draw straws to see who has to go out and pick up sandwiches for the whole crew. If you get the shortest straw, you're the delivery boy."

That was the beginning. From there, my father went on to tell us the story of the day he drew the short straw. While he was out picking up sandwiches, there was a terrible accident back on the job. Someone had accidentally thrown a switch, restoring power to an area where three men were working. Tragically, all three men were electrocuted instantly. When my father returned, he couldn't believe his eyes. The bodies of his coworkers were being peeled off the high-tension wires.

"Right up there," he said quietly, looking overhead. "That's where it happened."

He paused, put a hand on my shoulder.

"If I hadn't drawn the short straw that day, I'd have been up there in those wires, and I wouldn't be here right now."

I looked at the wires, then at my father. He smiled.

"Sometimes you get lucky."

Dad would repeat that story from time to time, just often enough to keep the nightmares flowing. That wasn't his intent, of course—he always related the tale in a whimsical "what if?" tone—but it was the outcome nonetheless. You tell a little kid that his old man was nearly fried to death, and you're sentencing him to a few years of sweaty, terror-filled nights beneath the sheets. I get his point now, though. You never know what life might bring… or when it might come to a screeching halt.

And it's best to act accordingly.

The Carl Frehley I knew (and it's important to note that I didn't know him all that well) was quiet and reserved, a model of middle-class decorum, maybe because he was so fucking tired all the time. My father was forty-seven years old by the time I came into this world, and I sometimes think he was actually deep into a second life at that point. The son of German and Dutch immigrants, he'd grown up in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, finished three years of college, and had to leave school and go to work. Later on he moved to New York and married Esther Hecht, a pretty young girl seventeen years his junior. My mom had been raised on a farm in Norlina, North Carolina. My grandfather was from northern Germany—the island RÜgen, to be precise. My grandmother was also German, but I'd always heard whispers of there being some American Indian blood in our family. It was boredom, more than anything else, that brought my mom to New York. Tired of life on the farm, she followed her older sister Ida north and lived with her for a while in Brooklyn.

Dad, meanwhile, came for the work.

There was always a little bit of mystery surrounding my dad, things he never shared; nooks and crannies of his past were always a taboo subject. He married late, started a family late, and settled into a comfortable domestic and professional routine. Every so often, though, there were glimpses of a different man, a different life.

My dad was an awesome bowler, for example. He never talked about being part of a bowling league or even how he learned the game. God knows he only bowled occasionally while I was growing up, but when he did, he nailed it. He had his own ball, his own shoes, and textbook form that helped him throw a couple of perfect games. He was also an amazing pool player, a fact I discovered while still in elementary school, when he taught me how to shoot. Dad could do things with a pool cue that only the pros could do, and when I look back on it now I realize he may have spent some time in a few shady places. He once told me that he had beaten the champion of West Virginia in a game of pool. I guess you have to be pretty good to beat the state champion of any sport.

"Hey, Dad. What's your high run?" I once asked him while we were shooting pool.

"One forty-nine," he said, without even looking up.

Holy shit…

I must have been only about ten years old at the time, and I didn't immediately grasp the enormity of that number, but I quickly realized it meant making 149 consecutive shots without missing.

That's ten fuckin' racks!

You have to know what you're doing to polish off that many balls without screwing up. And that little piece of information, coupled with the times I saw him execute trick shots and one-handed shots, made me wonder even more about his elusive past. Perhaps, when he was younger, he lived life in the fast lane and we had much more in common than one might think. Maybe, just maybe, Carl Frehley kicked some ass.

It's kinda fun to think so, anyway.

I grew up just off Mosholu Parkway in the Bronx, not far from the New York Botanical Garden and Bronx Zoo. It was a middle-class neighborhood of mixed ethnic backgrounds, consisting of mostly German, Irish, Jewish, and Italian families. Ours was pretty normal and loving, a fact I came to appreciate even more after I began hanging out with some serious badasses who were always trying to escape their violent and abusive home lives. Conversely, my dad never hit or abused me as a child, but I often wondered how much he really cared about me since we never did anything together one-on-one. Now as I think back, I realize more and more that he loved me, and that he did the best he could under the circumstances.

It's pretty hard to look at the Frehleys and suggest that my upbringing contributed in any way to my wild and crazy lifestyle and the insanity that was to ensue. Sure, my dad was a workaholic and never home, but there was always food on the table, and we all felt secure. My parents enjoyed a happy and affectionate marriage—I can still see them holding hands as they walked down the street, or kissing when Dad came home from work. They always seemed happy together, and there was very little fighting at home. We had relatives in Brooklyn and North Carolina, all on my mother's side, but I knew very little about my dad's side of the family. There were no photo albums or letters, no interesting stories or visits from aunts and uncles. Nothing. I knew he had a brother who had tragically drowned at age eight, but the rest was sketchy at best. When I tried to ask him for more details, my mom would intervene.

"Don't push your father," she'd say. "It's too painful for him."

So I'd let it go.

People who know me only as the Spaceman probably find this hard to believe, but I was raised in a family that stressed education and religion. My parents also understood the value of the arts and sciences. The way I'm fascinated with computers and guitars, my dad was fascinated with motors and electrical circuits, and he used to build his own batteries in the basement as a child. I know he was very good at what he did because in addition to his work at West Point, he also serviced the elevator motors in the Empire State Building, and was involved in designing the backup ignition system for the Apollo spacecraft for NASA. He had notebooks filled with formulas and sketches, projects he worked on until the wee hours of the morning.

So my parents emphasized learning, and two of their three children got the message. My sister, Nancy, who is eight years my senior, was a straight-A student who went on to get a master's degree in chemistry; she taught high school chemistry for a while before getting married to start a family. My brother, Charles, was an honors student as well. He studied classical guitar at New York University, where he finished tenth in his class.

Then there was me, Paul Frehley, the youngest of three kids and the black sheep to boot.

In the beginning I enjoyed school and team sports, but as I got older, my social life and music began taking precedence over my studies. I remember coming home with B's, C's, and D's on my report card and hearing my parents complain.

"Why can't you be more like Charlie and Nancy?"

I'd just throw up my hands. Between bands and girlfriends, who had time to study?

"You're wasting your life, Paul," my dad would say, shaking his head.

Once, just to prove a point, I told my parents that I'd study hard for a semester and prove I was just as bright as my brother and sister. And you know what? I got all A's and B's on the next report card. (Much later, it was the same sort of "I told you so" attitude that would compel me to challenge the other guys in KISS to an IQ test. Just for the record, I scored highest: 163, which is considered "genius.") Now, I know I drove my parents crazy, but God had other plans for me. It all stemmed from something I sensed at an early age: the desire to become a rock star and follow my dreams. Crazy as that sounds, I really believed it would happen.

You can partially credit my blind ambition to Mom and Dad! You see, if there was a common thread within our family, it was music. Thanks to the influence of our parents, all the Frehley kids played instruments. My father was an accomplished concert pianist: he could perform Chopin and Mozart effortlessly. My mom played the piano, too, and she enjoyed banging out a few tunes at family gatherings. Charlie and Nancy took piano lessons and performed at recitals as well. They eventually started fooling around with the guitar and formed a folk group, but that was never my cup of tea. From the beginning, I was drawn to rock 'n' roll and started figuring out songs by the Beatles and the Stones on my brother's acoustic guitar. One day, by chance, I picked up my friend's new electric guitar and checked it out. I plugged it in, turned the amp up to ten, and strummed a power chord.

I immediately fell in love. It was a life-changing event! I was only twelve, but I was totally hooked. Within a couple of years I had a Fender Tele and a Marshall amp in my bedroom, and I'd sold my soul to rock 'n' roll. There was no turning back.

My parents were not entirely unsupportive of my obsession (Dad even bought me my first electric guitar as a Christmas present), probably because it beat the alternative. There were worse vices, worse behavior, as I'd already demonstrated. See, at the same time that I was teaching myself guitar and forming my first band, I was also running with a pretty tough crowd. So while it may be true that the rock 'n' roll lifestyle nearly killed me as an adult, it's also true that without music, I might never have made it to adulthood in the first place.

I started hanging out with the toughest guys in the neighborhood when I was still in grammar school, playing poker, drinking, cutting school—generally just looking for trouble. At first I was uncomfortable with some of the things I had to do, but I learned pretty quickly that alcohol made everything a lot easier. I didn't like to fight, but fearlessness came with a few beers. Talking to girls was sometimes awkward, but with a little buzz I could charm them right out of their pants.

The first drink? I remember it well. Every drinker remembers his first drink, just as vividly as he remembers his first fuck. I was eleven years old and hanging out with my brother and his friend Jeffrey. Jeff's father had a small cabin on City Island in the Bronx, and we went there one Friday after school. The plan was to do some fishing and hang out. I loved fishing when I was a kid; I still do. And it was on that weekend that I discovered that beer went hand in hand with fishing. Jeff's dad had left a six-pack of Schaefer beer in the fridge, and we each had a can or two. Not exactly hard-core drinking, but enough to get me comfortably numb. I can remember exactly how it felt, smooth and dry. Pretty soon I felt kind of lightheaded and silly, and I couldn't stop laughing. Then I passed out. The next thing I remember is waking up in the morning with a slight headache and a dry mouth, but to be honest, I couldn't wait to do it again.

And I didn't wait. Not long, anyway.

The following weekend, we ended up going to a party with more beer and girls—older girls! I'd been attracted to girls for a while by now, but this was unexplored territory. Here I was, playing Spin the Bottle and Seven Minutes in Heaven with thirteen-year-olds, but after my first beer, all I can remember is thinking, bring it on!

I'd found girls and alcohol to be a great combination.

The rock 'n' roll would soon follow.

Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Now I feel a bit bad about not remembering my first drink, :/
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Clearly it was not as important in your life as Ace's was to him!

I had tasted a little beer when I was growing up so it's wasn't a big deal and still isn't.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Pardon my French here guys but Ace refers to today's incarnation of Kiss as "A bunch of dirty rotten whores" he also states that nothing is sacred to Gene & Paul & that they only care about money...

Ace also reflects on issues that led to his second departure from kiss in '01... One of those issues being Ace' daughter Monique axed from the movie Detroit Rock City... Ace states that he knew Gene was involved in the editing process & purposely cut her out of the film as payback for something Ace had done wrong... No bad blood there at all! :shock:

He will be doing a lot of book signings on the east coast shortly...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Where did you read all that? I have only seen this part of it.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I've read some excerpts from his book.. Gene will be very disappointed when he reads this... The truth hurts though :D About time a book from either Ace or Peter is coming out because I'm over hearing just G & P's view on things... A different perspective will be good...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

More from Ace' new book:

​That's according to his Kiss band member (and onetime roommate) Ace Frehley in Frehley's new book, No Regrets.
Writes Ace:

"Fastidious if not downright anal in his professional life, Gene was an utter mess in his personal life.

"As I quickly discovered, Gene was an epic slob."

Ace remembers multiple instances of Gene--whom he admits might have been affected by all that flame swallowing--spitting all over the place.

One time, he says, "Gene cleared his throat, dragged up a thick wad of phlegm, and spat it onto the carpet.

"What wasn't understandable was his insistence on spitting all over the floor.

"I was afraid to walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night for fear of stepping in a pile of mucus."

And speaking of bodily fluids, there was also some wacky sexual behavior.

Says Ace:

"Gene would fuck almost anything (and I think he's admitted as much).

"We all opened our beds to companionship on a regular basis, but somehow Gene was the one who would end up with bugs in his bush.

"Every time I scratched my balls I'd wonder whether the little bloodsuckers had crept into my bed as well."

Ewww!! I'm suddenly spitting phlegm all over the floor.

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Ace book signings:

ACE ANNOUNCES BOOK SIGNINGS
(from acefrehley.com)
Ace Frehley will make appearances at bookstores across the country to sign copies of his memoir, "No Regrets."
Nov. 3, New York, NY, Barnes & Noble, 555 Fifth Avenute, Noon
Nov. 5, Ridgewood, NJ, Bookends, 211 E. Ridgewood Ave, 6PM
Nov. 7, Philadelphia, PA, Barnes & Noble, 1805 Walnut Street, 6 PM
Nov. 10, Chicago, IL, Books A Million , 144 South Clark St., Noon
Nov. 15, Tempe, AZ, Changing Hands, 6428 S. McClintock Drive, 4 PM
Nov.20, Los Angeles, CA, Book Soup, 8818 W. Sunset Blvd., 4 PM

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Ace calling Kiss Dirty Rotten Whores:

ACE FREHLEY CALLS KISS ‘A BUNCH OF DIRTY ROTTEN WHORES’
by: Melvin Van Nebula 1 week ago

Peter Cade, Getty Images

Former Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley is certainly not pulling any punches in his new autobiography ‘No Regrets,’ labeling today’s version of the band ‘a bunch of dirty rotten whores’ and detailing several incidents that led to his second departure from the group.

Frehley contends that founding and remaining band members Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons have tried to rewrite history by downplaying his contributions to the band. He takes particular umbrage to the band having former road manager Tommy Thayer take over his “Spaceman” character: “My first reaction was, ‘Isn’t anything sacred to those guys?’ But I soon realized their lust for money outweighed any sense of fairness or logic on their part.”

He also reveals that he once decked Thayer backstage when the manager requested that Ace ask his girlfriend to leave the band’s dressing rooms, in violation of a “no wives or girlfriends” rule that Frehley contends was violated several times prior by other band members.

But the most venomous statements are saved for Simmons’ alleged actions towards Ace’s daughter Monique, who flew across the country to film a bit part in the Kiss-themed movie ‘Detroit Rock City,’ only to break down in tears when she found out her part had been cut.

“I knew it wasn’t an accident,” Ace explains. “Gene had been involved in the editing process on a daily basis…(he) was probably pissed at me for something I had done, but to get back at me by hurting my daughter?” He goes on to say that he never felt the same about the bassist after that — “He had reached an all-time low with me.”

Still, Ace says when he thinks back on Kiss he “can’t help but remember all the fun we shared in our formative years.” He also credits his sobriety (five years and counting!) for helping him realize, “At this point in my life, I just need to let things go,” but he does have final words for his former bandmates: “What comes around, goes around.”

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Five years sober? So he's been an asshole to deal with for how long now?
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Ace Frehley scored 23 points higher on an IQ test than me and he is a guitar wiz. You rule Ace 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Is Vince Neil STILL driving drunk? Killing someone else should be enough to rehabilitate someone. It sounds like Vince Neil is all mouth about being remorseful. What a douchebag. :x
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Paul "Space" Frehley

Andrew and Vic I apologize in advance for what will follow .................

Gene hawking a loogie on the floor = vile and gross

Paul Frehley shitting in other peoples toilets and deliberately not flushing leaving the duty to be found by others for laughs = even worse vile and disgusting and the pot calling the kettle black

I won't even go down the road that I have covered before which is the fact that "Ace" can barely even play sober let alone when he was a junky. He is beloved and influencial but not because of his skills at his craft. He is the least talented guitarist technically who ever played in Kiss and still strangely the most liked.

I've read that "Ace" is still collecting checks even though he doesn't contribute to Kiss anymore. After reading this it could be argued that he is even trying to tear it down. I liken that to an animal that shits in it's own bed. The fact that Kiss continues on and is releasing the new album "Monster" actually continues to spur sales of the albums Ace was on in the past and when they sell "Ace" gets paid. He must be a fucking idiot that was deprived of oxygen at birth to talk shit when he is getting paid off much of what they still do.

Fuck Ace and let him talk shit when he stops cashing the checks that come from the Kiss Company!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Gotta agree with you Kev!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
n3p

Post by n3p »

Thanks for sharing the excerpts guys, interesting reading!

Just booked a trip to NY the week before christmas, guess what'll be entertaining me during my flight there? :D

Nick
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
ankh

Post by ankh »

here:

http://books.simonandschuster.com/No-Re ... wse_inside

you can read the first 60pages of Ace's biography. :wink:

about kiss, i wonder why he can complain after selling the rights to the makeup.And, he still plas songs frrm their repertoire,even songs not written by him :roll: .

I'm quite sure the reason he left the band the last time was a disagreeing about the money, like always.............
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I'm trying NOT to read any of the excerpts as I want to read the book without spoilers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the subject but Ace didn't sell the rights to the Space Ace make-up to the KISS Company the way Peter sold the right to the Catman make-up to the KISS Company. It's fairly well known that they share the rights to the Spaceman make-up, 50% Ace and 50% KISS Company.

The real question is WHY did Ace sell 50%? We know that before the reunion he owned the Spaceman make-up 100%. That is why the design is not used on the KISS MY ASS tribute album cover. Ace refused to let them use it. So what prompted him to cave and sell 50%?

Now this is just a guess, but I wonder if it was a negotiated term of the reunion. As in, if you want to do the reunion and make millions of dollars, you have to sell us the Spaceman make-up rights and they settled on the 50-50 split?

Anyone have more info?
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I didn't know that, but would like to know more now! It will probably be in his book I would think.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I thought Ace cashed in his make up design to Gene & Paul in the mid 90's after kiss my ass? I've never heard the 50/50 thing before? Interesting...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

When Kiss uses the design (Tours, recordings, merch, etc...) , Ace still makes money.
If Ace uses it (Dunkin Doughnuts commercial...) , Kiss makes money.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Cool 8)

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Check out www.Kissonline.com , look under the October 31 posts ,and tell me that the Kiss boys aren't taking a lil' swipe back at Ace for the book.

They are REPORTING that Ace is O.K. after his recent fall off the stage in New York.
This one is for Uncle Kev(2:50 mark):
[youtube][/youtube]

On Facebook , I posted this and remarked ,"That's what he gets for bending out of tune". I think the fall woke him up because he played better afterwards. Aside from a nice bruise on his ass and a possible broken headstock, I think he is alright.

Jokes aside, He handled it like a pro.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I saw that too and was thinking how nice it was for them to tell us
He's ok after his fall. I hope it wasn't off the wagon.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

He plays like a todler that just got his 1st starter guitar for Christmas. It's embarrassing really when you think that he has been playing guitar for a living for over 40 years. Ask yourself if this is the execution of a professional player? I like him personally when I hear what he has to say in an interview minus his recent rants about KISS. Gene and Paul are no angels and I think that he certainly has a right to feel the way that he does just I personally wouldn't write a trash and bash book when he is still cashing checks from the KISS Company.

K
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ace also has a problem of not being too bright so he is totally able to bite the hand that feeds him, not understanding things of a financial nature.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

November 1, 2011
ACE FREHLEY'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY RELEASED
Ace Frehley's autobiography has been released today. The pre-orders at Amazon have been shipped yesterday. The book is currently number 1 in the Amazon music book charts. You can now read a preview at Amazon as well.
Ace will be on the "Today" show on NBC (USA) on November 3, 2011 between 10 and 11 am.

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Damn I want this in non-hardcover only!!!

Post by 1031 »

Slayer wrote:He plays like a todler that just got his 1st starter guitar for Christmas. It's embarrassing really when you think that he has been playing guitar for a living for over 40 years. Ask yourself if this is the execution of a professional player? I like him personally when I hear what he has to say in an interview minus his recent rants about KISS. Gene and Paul are no angels and I think that he certainly has a right to feel the way that he does just I personally wouldn't write a trash and bash book when he is still cashing checks from the KISS Company.

K
Complaining about anybody making money that was in kiss anyway they can is like buying a ticket to a circle jerk and complaining about the seats.

As far as aces playing , hes 60, sober having a great time playing to crowds doing some touring making a few bucks..... who gives a rats ass let him have fun.. he could be sitting in a house in Tennessee with 20 dogs peaking out the window and plotting this forums demise.

just my humble opinion.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

:lol: :lol: :lol: