My Paul Stanley's smashed concert guitar....

Talk about Kiss
BigEd

My Paul Stanley's smashed concert guitar....

Post by BigEd »

Today while cleaning my Mother's basement....I found what I have been looking for, for the last 5 years !!!

Back on 12/21/1985, I took my Girlfriend to see KISS for her very 1st time....I had (2) Front row seats #1 & #2 "Center" that cost me $150.00 from a scalper outside of the "Bridgeport" Ticketron which was located inside of Sear's Department Store.... (Vinnie would remember this this !!!)

I had just met Gene & Paul minutes earlier that day, in the lobby of what "was" called the Park Plaza Hotel....I was looking for a bathroom to take a piss and as the elevator door was closing....I hear in the distance, "Hold the Elevator" !!!

Well low and behold steps in Gene & Shannon and we were going up, Gene say's to me....Where are you going ? I said, the only public bathroom's on the top floor and seeing I just met Gene Simmon's....I really need to take a PISS !!! (Gene laugh's)

We got out, I said Thank's Again....they went to have lunch at the Restaurant called "The Top of the Park" and I went to Piss my brains out !!!

The concert was great, especially being so close that I could see Paul's nostril hair's....but in the end, my 90 lb Girlfriend was lost in the sea that stormed the stage....

As Paul was desperately searching the crowd for a person to throw the "Big" part of the guitar to, he recognized me in my white tank top and real "Rose" tattoo and must have felt that I deserved it....he literally put it right into my hands !!!

ImageImageImageImage
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Now that is cool, great story.

None of this is given away anymore, Paul sells the guitars he breaks.

What brand/model is the guitar, can you tell?
shramiac

Re: My Paul Stanley's smashed concert guitar....

Post by shramiac »

That's a Kramer Striker!!!! Weird? Kramer is about the only brand Paul hasn't endorsed!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Shram....You must be right !
The guitar was later brought in 1989 to Paul's Solo Tour w/ Warrant at what was called the "Hartford Agora Ballroom" where I waited by the backstage door....With no "Sharpie" for Paul to use, I taped an index card to the back of the guitar and the Tour Bus eventually pulled up, Paul's bodyguard got of the bus and came up to me and said, what is it that you want....I told him it was the guitar that Paul had broke a few tours back and could he sign it for me....minutes later, an unshaven Paul exited the bus and said "hey" and took the guitar from my hands, quickly signed it in the shadow of the backstage light and the rest is History !!!

Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Cool story, thanks for sharing
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Great story!!!
Wolfi
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Love it !!!!
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS