Peter Criss

Talk about Kiss
doublev

Peter Criss

Post by doublev »

As everyone knows I only really like two Kiss members VV and Peter Criss.

This song cracks me up.. its like amazing and terrible at the same time which is why I love it. I like tunes that you can not tell if they are good or bad.. on the line of good and evil..
doublev

Post by doublev »

this would have been the best tune on love gun in my opinion. drums sound great
doublev

Post by doublev »

love bite makes me feel like I'm in a rough bar on 8th Ave in the 70s and cops are prowling around outside about to make an arrest of some pimp inside the bar..
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The thing with Peter's Out Of Control album is I didn't even know it existed until I found it at a second hand store (where I also scored Creatures on original vinyl) one day.

Being 6/7 years old when Peter left, I didn't hear that he released his own album in 1980, being recorded when he was still meant to be in Kiss.

I looked at that record wondering, is it THAT Peter Criss, that's how little I knew about it.

Seeing the Casablanca stuff and Stan Pendridge's name helped me decide and I took it home for a listen.

As I actually like his Kiss solo album I also really do like Out Of Control, the whole album.

Strangely enough I have ignored Let Me Rock you this whole time and only have a taped recording of it somewhere. I almost bought them both on CD years ago and wish I had.

His recent solo album I did buy as an autographed CD and it's unlistenable. I hope he delivers the rock album next as he has said he will.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Check out this version Dino:

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

doublev wrote:love bite makes me feel like I'm in a rough bar on 8th Ave in the 70s and cops are prowling around outside about to make an arrest of some pimp inside the bar..
I don't know what I think of that song, nothing really. It's pretty crap. Not at Hooligan was awesome, but much better than that.

Rumble is an interesting tune where he mentions his old gang The Phantom Lords at the start. Dirty Livin' was a much better choice for Dynasty, that songs is great.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i love the mood if love bite.

a little trivia.. my uncle worked on the 'tears are falling video' as focus puller. It was filmed in London, England at the George Lucas soundstage built for Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, next to where they also shot the 'Muppet Show' series which he also worked on. If you see the Star Wars episode of the muppet show, they were shooting pretty much in the studio next to them.
doublev

Post by doublev »

actually, i believe all the Asylum videos were shot at the same time in London. Not 100% sure about UH All Night but I think it was too.
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

I have that awful Criss Cat #1 album of his somewhere......I think I only listened to it once or twice. Just a terrible, terrible record. :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

On long car rides my friend and I play a game to see if we can make it through an entire Peter Criss solo album.

Peter has at least given me one of my favorite sayings :" That's The Kind Of Sugar Papa Likes".
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

yes it is tough. The Criss Cat and his latest album could not be much worse.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think I have two versions of the Criss Cat album. Back then there were only scraps fr.om ex Kiss guys, so I just collected it all. Not much to listen to unfortunately.
doublev

Post by doublev »

peter would have been real smart to call up vinnie. Vinnie would have been the guy to write some good songs and also producer.. Pete would have had something to make people stand up and take notice. Truthfully he needed someone real good at his side and he didn't seem to ever have that
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

I can't say that I've even listed to Peter's KISS solo album in the last 20 years or more. The best thing about his solo album is the record cover artwork. I reckon his is by far the stand-out of the four ;)
VVWarrior82

Re: Peter Criss

Post by VVWarrior82 »

I always thought his drum kit was awesome when I was a kid, but he's always been one of the members I've had the least interest in as far as Kiss goes.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Quote "Even Peter Criss doesn't want to be be Peter Criss, Lois!" Quote, Peter Griffin. :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
sunnyto666

Post by sunnyto666 »

This is the best song of PETER CRISS :wink: :wink: :wink:
[color=#FF00FF][/color]I DID IT MY WAY!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

shramiac wrote:Quote "Even Peter Criss doesn't want to be be Peter Criss, Lois!" Quote, Peter Griffin. :lol: :lol:
Watch the movie "Role Models". Paul Rudd says something to the extent of "Even Paul Stanley is sick of Kiss."
It is a funny movie with many hilarious Kiss references.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

sunnyto666 wrote:This is the best song of PETER CRISS :wink: :wink: :wink:
Beth is great. I like a lot of Peter's songs, but I just can't pick a favourite.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

poserboy71 wrote:
shramiac wrote:Quote "Even Peter Criss doesn't want to be be Peter Criss, Lois!" Quote, Peter Griffin. :lol: :lol:
Watch the movie "Role Models". Paul Rudd says something to the extent of "Even Paul Stanley is sick of Kiss."
It is a funny movie with many hilarious Kiss references.
I'll have to watch it. I may already have it, ha ha, just no time to watch.
doublev

Post by doublev »

even though I don't think Peter wrote it, I think this was one of his best
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dino saw my little Ludwig kit. Quite honestly, Peter's drumming style on the 1st six Kiss albums (especially the Hotter Than Hell album) is what gets me behind that kit. Pete and Bun E. Carlos. I love drummers that lay back on the beat yet DRIVE the song. "Strange Ways" is a perfect example of this.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Re:

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote:Check out this version Dino:

He got that James Brown thing going on (scaring the bitchs in loven' him) in his voice.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I think it was an inspired choice by Paul and Gene to bring Peter in as he really wasn't totally the typical drummer you would have expected.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Peter's drumming was a unique ingredient in what made the original Kiss line-up special.

The Eric/Vinnie line-up was fantastic and suited the early 80's much better, but Peter definitely had an awesome style