dudes of wrath

Talk about Kiss
doublev2

dudes of wrath

Post by doublev2 »

If you ask me this should have been the direction on hot in the shade [youtube][/youtube] paul stanley and viv Campbell and guy Mann dude.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Re: dudes of wrath

Post by doublev2 »

I think Paul should have played this and sword and the stone on his live to win tour
Bye Bye
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

doublev2 wrote:If you ask me this should have been the direction on hot in the shade [youtube][/youtube] paul stanley and viv Campbell and guy Mann dude.

you're forgetting tommy lee, desmond child and rudy sarzo
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Paul could really sing at this point in time still
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's kind of sad we all get old
Bye Bye
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

Slayer wrote:Paul could really sing at this point in time still

it amazes me the stuff paul writes that kiss doesnt use for one reason or another.

gene should have taken a step back further in the 80's.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

AceAlive1 wrote:

it amazes me the stuff paul writes that kiss doesnt use for one reason or another.

Some of Paul's stuff is really great in my opinion. Shit, whether folks like his Phantom of the Opera Gig or not he performed well. I really like his first solo album with Bob Kulick and his solo tour with Rafael Moreira was terrific. He really had Rafael boxed in though and unfortunately didn't give him a live solo with is regretable because this kid is a real talent! I like some of the songs that he wrote in the late 80's some for an intended solo album that were never used - Sword and the Stone, Jump the Gun, Best Man for You, Don't Let Go, When Two Hearts Collide and Time Traveler are some examples. Bruce Kulick played his best on these tunes too.

In regards to solo albums away from Kiss a lot of folks don't care for Gene's Stuff feeling that he deviates too far away from his core Kiss Audience and I get that but with that said the man illustrates in my opinion some real musical diversity. Many folks have questioned the skill of Kiss musically and in some cases this is valid but I feel that both Paul and Gene are solid musicians and writers. Neither of them are soloists deserving of a Shrapnel Records Contract but they can play solid and both write good songs.

Vinnie is deserving of a Shrapnel Records Contract if he still played guitar, wrote music and was easier to deal with.

Good observation though AA1

Kev

[youtube][/youtube]
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I wish vv accepted the shrapnel offer as for me a solo instrumental vv album is certainly missing from his discography and would have put him firmly where he belongs at the top
Bye Bye
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

Slayer wrote:
AceAlive1 wrote:

Some of Paul's stuff is really great in my opinion. Shit, whether folks like his Phantom of the Opera Gig or not he performed well. I really like his first solo album with Bob Kulick and his solo tour with Rafael Moreira was terrific. He really had Rafael boxed in though and unfortunately didn't give him a live solo with is regretable because this kid is a real talent! I like some of the songs that he wrote in the late 80's some for an intended solo album that were never used - Sword and the Stone, Jump the Gun, Best Man for You, Don't Let Go, When Two Hearts Collide and Time Traveler are some examples. Bruce Kulick played his best on these tunes too.

In regards to solo albums away from Kiss a lot of folks don't care for Gene's Stuff feeling that he deviates too far away from his core Kiss Audience and I get that but with that said the man illustrates in my opinion some real musical diversity. Many folks have questioned the skill of Kiss musically and in some cases this is valid but I feel that both Paul and Gene are solid musicians and writers. Neither of them are soloists deserving of a Shrapnel Records Contract but they can play solid and both write good songs.

Vinnie is deserving of a Shrapnel Records Contract if he still played guitar, wrote music and was easier to deal with.

Good observation though AA1

Kev

[youtube][/youtube]

i had a demo mp3 cd full off KISS/ paul stanley songs awhile back and the songs u named were on there and alot more. with how long albums have gotten, kiss should have been putting out longer albums after they took off the makeup in about 84.

also i cant help but think if vinnie had stayed how kiss would have been on the nightmare on elm street 4 soundtrack with paul singing "love kills"

kiss kinda blew it and i cringe everytime i watch any 80's non makeup concert post vinnie.

songs written FOR gene to sing sound better than ones he writes himself :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Since the Crazy Nights album, Paul's songwriting has been only good for Pepsi commercials and Miami Vice reunion episodes.

I agree with Kev's comments on Gene's diversity. I actually enjoy his solo albums because of that.

As for Vinnie, someone is gonna have to put a boot to his ass eventually... :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think I am only guy in the world that likes silver spoon. But yes paul has written only 2 or 3 good tunes since 87.the peter criss type gospel outro to Silver Spoon is great. Should have done a full disco version of the tune.
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Well let's just say that I like Paul's Music more than Dino and Rick do :-)

I definitely like some of his songs since Crazy Nights LOL! I'm also a fan of Carnival of Souls and I think that I'm in the minority there too.

Man Paul's Voice was in terrific shape for Crazy Nights :-)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I agree. Paul's voice was in great shape for Crazy Nights.

I really enjoy COS. I believe it to be one of the ONLY Kiss albums to display a introspective lyrical honesty.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No I agree kev. I like paul equally with gen just not since the 80s. I have never heard all of cos as I was on break from kiss when that came out.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:... I have never heard all of cos as I was on break from kiss when that came out.
Dino never ceases to amaze me.
I never knew he was a member of Kiss !!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

:D
Bye Bye