Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Aug 28 show Saint Louis

Post by Genebaby »

Cool, how was it?
Commander in chief - VVF Army

Post by 1031 »

Great show, The dead daisie's opened the show .. they were really strong good straight up rock songs. Jon Stevens had great pipes he and David Lowy are from your part of the world New Zealand and Australia, Richard Fortus played great as always hes actually a local boy and lives about 15 min from me. Overall great band great sound.

Def Leppard put on another great show, lots of guitar swaps played pretty much a greatest hits package. But playing and vocals was top notch .. I think I may of heard a couple odd off beat drum triggers but nothing anyone would go ooh and with Leppards delay and verb soaked style hard to tell but. They were the reason my Daughter asked for tickets and she was googly eyed rocking happy ! So there you go. Vivian Campbell was completely bald and looked pretty thin the cancer treatment results I am sure, but he had a lot of energy and I dont think anyone would even know from his performance. He played a lot of sweet Les Pauls.

Kiss .. well was Kiss, set list has been the same as others has said. I actually really liked it, plenty of Gene songs and at this point he sings better than Paul. Paul wasn't horrible but strained, dove out on the old high notes and tough to hear what he was singing other than the chorus. I am not sure whats going on with his speaking voice either he sounded like Sylvester the cat and Henry Winkler at times.
Guitar wise Thayer seemed really tight not in a good way. Like he was constantly thinking "this note then bend". Eric did a great job on Black Diamond. But in typical Kiss fashion it was a great "SHOW" We were sitting about 20 feet from where Paul came out to the audience. At the start of Gene's Demon bass solo my daughter asked what's he doing I go watch hes gonna spit blood then fly in to the lights ... after that like any 14 year old she is now an instant KISS fan.
Overall it was great to see the show and hear the songs, it was cool to watch my daughter look on in utter amazement and remember myself the first time I seen them well .. 40 years ago in 1974 at the KSHE Kite fly and they didn't have much of a show at all and I was still blown away. So even as Pauls voice is gone and really say what you want about ACE but I still miss that loose playing style .. I got in the truck after singing along to every song pumping my fist in the air looked at my daughter and said... Was that freaking awesome or what.. and her response was OH YA ! And that was worth the price of admission right there.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, I had no idea who The Dead Daisies were. I certainly know Jon, he is well known over here, David not so much, but I'm aware of some bands get was a member of. There's a couple of other notables too, I thought they were some young, new, band. There you go.

It's great you and your daughter had fun, that's what it's all about.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Looking at things through my children's eyes is pretty much the only thing that makes me happy anymore.

Stories like yours make me smile. :D :D :D :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS

Post by 1031 »

Here is a link to some Kiss Pics ..... it has a pass word that will be posted in the private area as a couple are of my daughter and me and I dont share those with the planet

http://s213.photobucket.com/user/rlee10 ... 31001/KISS

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Great review. Just great news about Vivian Campbell. thinking back to late 80s Def Leopard way bigger than kiss. Funny how they are not the headliners.
Still sucks that tommy is still in band. They need a lead guitarist with some oomph.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

doublev2 wrote:Great review. Just great news about Vivian Campbell. thinking back to late 80s Def Leopard way bigger than kiss. Funny how they are not the headliners.
Still sucks that tommy is still in band. They need a lead guitarist with some oomph.
Def Leppard had just as long or longer set than Kiss and the crowd was just as enthusiastic. I think the team up with Kiss at the end was more a logistic thing with there stage show. And guaranteed a sell out .. the show was packed. I would say the majority of the people came for Def Leppard songs and the Kiss show. I will say the digital screen they had was cool and Def Leppard had lots better graphics and video that went with songs. Kiss had a some fairly cheezy back ground graphics but great camera action.

doublev2

Aug 28 show Saint Louis

Post by doublev2 »

Yes kiss' modern graphics are super cheesy. They were great in 70s and early 80s for design but total lost the edge after.
Bye Bye