Kiss - American Idol

Talk about Kiss
kisslolo

Kiss - American Idol

Post by kisslolo »

Caleb Johnson & Kiss - Medley - American Idol 13 (Finale)

[youtube][/youtube]

shramiac

Re: Kiss - American Idol

Post by shramiac »

Paul wasn't as bad as I thought he would be. Still needs work though. Notice he was using the Ibi Iceman again! Also, the sneaky switch to a cheapo version for smashing at the 3.04 mark.
Like American Idol a few years ago with Lambert, Gene's voice still has more power than any of the contestants.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It was the PERFECT opportunity for Paul to rest and let Caleb SING but they basically shouldered that kid away from the mic.
Paul just cannot let anyone show him up even though that kid (and Vinnie) did.

I thought the clincher was Caleb not singing lead on SIOL THEN Paul going center stage after smashing the fake guitar . It was ALL ABOUT Paul.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I somehow caught a bit of Idol a little while back and saw Caleb sing Skyfall, a song I didn't really know much about, but his rendition was fantastic, I thought. He was my choice for winner from that moment on, I think he kicks ass, and it's good he likes to rock.

I'm going to collect his performances from You Tube. I saw him do Give Love A Bad Name, which was a shorter rendition unfortunately, as per usual, and looking on the web he did Sting Me from the Black Crowes excellent second album, and also Still Of The Night, how cool is that?

I saw him do Travelling Band and he rocked that one too. Man, I wish there was a singer like this around here, I'd be in a band with him for sure.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

On the performance, I too thought Caleb did not sing enough. He should have sung it all with Kiss as the backing band. He'd have sounded better, though I have heard Paul sound worse so it could have been worse.

What would have been cool is if Caleb had sung all of Love Gun and Paul's parts in Shout It Out Loud, basically replacing him. That would have been the dream right there.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Kiss - American Idol

Post by Slayer »

The kid kicks ass!

How about guitar great Rafael Moreira of the Paul Stanley Band on this version of Still of the Night

[youtube][/youtube]
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Rafael is a true major rager on the six string motherfucker. :wink:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

poserboy71 wrote:Rafael is a true major rager on the six string motherfucker. :wink:
I think that he is one of the young guitar greats. So fast, so technical and plays with wide world class hand vibrato