KISS's Lead Guitarists Through the Years

Talk about Kiss
GOLD5

KISS's Lead Guitarists Through the Years

Post by GOLD5 »

Hey I just found this article on Gibson.com

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/F ... -2012.aspx

Sorry if someone already posted it.. Its says 04.11.2014 and I didnt see it in the last few days postings..

Heres the section on Vinnie Vincent

Vinnie Vincent

Vinnie Vincent’s apprenticeship, as a player, was far and away the most unusual of any KISS guitarist. Specifically, at the turn of the ‘80s, he served as a staff songwriter for the TV shows “Happy Days” and “Joanie Loves Chachi,” often writing tunes for both series on his acoustic guitar at the “Cunningham’s” kitchen table on the studio set. Joining KISS as the replacement for Frehley, in 1982, Vincent was integral to the success of that year’s Creatures of the Night album, and to 1983’s Lick It Up. Both albums marked a return to the hard rock sound that had fueled KISS’s best work in the ‘70s. Vincent’s tenure with KISS ended in March of 1984. Some say his departure was due to conflicts arising over his habit of overextending his solos during KISS’s live shows, but in a 1996 interview with Norway’s KISS Army Magazine, Vincent painted a positive picture of his time with the band. “We grew up with the same kind of bands, and we had the same influences,” he said. “So even though I was technical and Paul [Stanley] wasn’t, it wasn’t really about guitar playing. It was about the songs that we grew up with and that we all loved. And it was about sharing the same musical style. You know, we all loved The Beatles and Led Zeppelin. So the chemistry was there. I think we had respect for each other and I think we were really good friends.”
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: KISS's Lead Guitarists Through the Years

Post by Genebaby »

Then, in 97, it all changed and Kiss were horrible.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Commander in chief - VVF Army
GOLD5

Re: KISS's Lead Guitarists Through the Years

Post by GOLD5 »

Its good to finally find out that Vinnie left Kiss because of arguments arising over his use of a violin bow on stage..