KISS showbags!

Talk about Kiss
Genebaby
Site Admin

KISS showbags!

Post by Genebaby »

Over 30 years ago, during the Aussie KISS craze we had KISS showbags at the "shows" that happened around the country.

There were rides, food, animals, stalls, stuff like that, and showbags to buy. I remember the Incredible Hulk showbag, and of course the KISS showbag.

Strangely enough, I never got the KISS showbag myself. More than once I got the CHIPS showbag. I remember the handcuffs.

This year, the KISS showbag is back!!

http://www.showbags.com.au/retail/kiss-showbag.html

Here in Canberra we've already had the Royal Canberra Show, and I looked but there was no KISS showbag.

What we did have, was the Hello Kitty KISS showbag, so I got one, and so did my daughter.

http://www.showbags.com.au/retail/hello ... owbag.html

It was only after our show that we saw the actual KISS showbag, and it stated it was only available at the Royal Easter Show in Sydney, which is this weekend.

Yesterday it was available to purchase online, so I have two on the way. Like the Hello Kitty Kiss showbag, this one actually has all the goodies in a proper style carry bag.

Lots of regular showbags still come in a colourful plastic bag, but more and more are giving a proper, usable bag.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Re: KISS showbags!

Post by shramiac »

I got the KISS AND Hulk showbg back in 1980!!! :D

Still have the Gene mask and "monster boot" haircomb and the Hulk jeep with parachute!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

They were great toys back then. I have nothing from those show bags but I got a Simpsons one in the 90's, and Mad Magazine I have kept intact.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
GOLD5

Post by GOLD5 »

It looks like they wont send them outside of Australia.. :/
I remember watching the Australian shows on TV when they introduced Eric Carr. There was one where they were interviewed around a swimming pool.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Ace was pickled when they did that introduction for Eric on the show Countdown.

[youtube][/youtube]

Check out the extended version of this scene to see how frustrating Ace must have been!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
GOLD5

Post by GOLD5 »

I tried to watch it but it says the video was removed by user.. Thanks for posting though, darn gremlins.. I remember they said that Peter was happy and making his own album or something and it didnt bother me at all. I was stoked to see Eric, he seemed really nice.. I was just a kid so it seemed fine and not weird at all. I didnt notice that Ace was sauced back then either.. They just seemed like superheroes.. :)