Destroyer album cover

Talk about Kiss
GOLD5

Destroyer album cover

Post by GOLD5 »

On amazon it lists the new remixed version of Destroyer as having a new cover. It says: Issued with the originally intended cover art thought too controversial for the time.
When I look at the new cover it seems the same as the original one. The palette is more peach and there is no rock pile and their outfits are different too. But I dont see anything that would be shocking about it. The poses are the same. Love Gun seems more risque to me than either Destroyer cover. Does anyone know what this statement is referring to?

new:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... SL500_.jpg

original:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... SL500_.jpg
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Destroyer album cover

Post by Genebaby »

If I remember it it's to do with the burning city behind them, the original release just had rubble.

I don't really buy it though, as if they were going to put out an album cover with their old costumes.

The first was clearly a draft.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
GOLD5

Post by GOLD5 »

So showing the Beatles butchering baby dolls is OK, but Kiss leveling a (no doubt communist) town is bad.. Gotcha ;)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote:If I remember it it's to do with the burning city behind them, the original release just had rubble.

I don't really buy it though, as if they were going to put out an album cover with their old costumes.

The first was clearly a draft.
Vic, You are correct about them running from the burning city as if they did it.It WAS too risky for a band that was starting to build momentum. It was also changed because of the new costumes.

As for the Beatles album cover, it wasn't released to the masses.
This WIKI is close to the truth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yesterday_and_Today

THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
GOLD5

Post by GOLD5 »

Yes I have the Paul in a casket version. I always wondered if the other cover was underneath. One of the covers that scared me the most as a kid was the Queen News of the World cover, both the outer cover and the gatefold gave me supreme nightmares.. I wasnt scared of robots until I saw that.. Thanks Queen guys.. :/
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I have that Queen gatefold (outside and inside) framed on my living room wall. That has always stuck with me as an incredible album cover.
It seems that no one puts as much effort into album art anymore as the artists did in the 1970s.
ImageImage

NEWBEGINNINGS
ozone73

Post by ozone73 »

poserboy71 wrote:I have that Queen gatefold (outside and inside) framed on my living room wall. That has always stuck with me as an incredible album cover.
It seems that no one puts as much effort into album art anymore as the artists did in the 1970s.
ImageImage
My sister had the actual album of this and I always thought it was cool.
Settle the f*ck down, monkey tits!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Could be worse! You could have been Dream Theater and release a double live CD that featured New York on fire......on September 11 2001!!!!!!

Album was recalled that day and released with a new cover a few weeks later but albums were sold that day with the original cover!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

WOW. I didn't know that about DT.

NEWBEGINNINGS