The KISS ARMY vs Alan Cohen circa 1983 - Lick It Up!

Talk about Kiss
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

The KISS ARMY vs Alan Cohen circa 1983 - Lick It Up!

Post by strangeways »

Hey gang!
Proving yet again I'm too old (what, it's too loud you say :lol: ) this is a thread that takes me wayyyyyy back.
The other day I was remembering that back in the day when I went to a school for a spell there was a guy that lambasted Lick It Up in the paper.
Was it all in my head? Was I misremembering it all? I seemed to remember that the negative review resulted in some letter writing by the Kiss Army and that the reviewer in question ended up giving away some of his Kiss platters of disaster. Did it happen or was it all in my head?
Being in the area I stopped by their library on the off chance that the mists of time worked in my favor and you know what?
They did! Much to my surprise they had issues of the school paper that went back to the origin of the school itself. I remembered it all correctly and so I now share these exchanges in the paper with you!
Enjoy!
Click each article to enlarge!
Kissarticle.jpg
kissarticle2.jpg
kissarticle3.jpg
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: The KISS ARMY vs Alan Cohen circa 1983 - Lick It Up!

Post by Genebaby »

11 year old girls????

Great find, thanks.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Re: The KISS ARMY vs Alan Cohen circa 1983 - Lick It Up!

Post by shramiac »

Bob played on Larger Than Life! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(