Talk about Kiss
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Re: 84

Post by PinkWiz »

I remember seeing this in '84 and saying "who's that dude?" Then a couple weeks later seeing a new pic with Bruce and thinking "another guy?!"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I remember the reisue cover of creatures and i thought Bruce was ace without make up. Had not seen ace without make up in 1985 and had never seen pics of Bruce i don't think.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

You didn't see pics of bruce?;)

Brucie looked like this...............;P

two memebers of tha t group become famous,later on.............
Jimmy Haslip,ebcame the bass player for Yollwjackets, great player, and also played on "danger" from COTN

Michael Bolotin, after a couple of AOR records(Bruce played on them), made an audition for Black Sabbath and then decided that the commercial route was the only way to a steaddy career and crooned his way to stardom..............
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I was like 10 years old and magazines were not covering new cover of creatures.
I wondered how ace got such thick hair. I was an idiot. I figured it out once more pics of Bruce became available.
Bye Bye
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

used to have that top shot on a poster....you can see Mark's swollen left hand in the pic
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

wow yes freddy i can see that hand. looks like a spider bite or something.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I never noticed that before!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Wristband is on too tight! :D
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

that was supposedly the effect that the "Reiters syndrome" had on Mark's hand and the reason Kiss gave for him not being able to start the Animalize Tour.....There was another poster/shot of them at the time, where Mark had his hand up to his chest level (holding his jacket lapel, maybe? From memory) where you could see the swelling even more. Maybe the Animalize tour book cover shot, with white background. Just going off memory here.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Best I could find Freddy...

FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Yes that is the one I was thinking of PinkWiz...thanks for the share.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I love that poster you just posted PW. Kiss were looking smart for Animalize at that time. The new shoot with Bruce wasn't as cool, the one where Bruce is holding his hips.

Asylum was a bad look. Then much better again for Crazy Nights.

I never thought that in the pics with Kiss you would be able to see Mark's hand problem, I just never noticed.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Genebaby wrote:I love that poster you just posted PW. Kiss were looking smart for Animalize at that time. The new shoot with Bruce wasn't as cool, the one where Bruce is holding his hips.

Asylum was a bad look. Then much better again for Crazy Nights.

I never thought that in the pics with Kiss you would be able to see Mark's hand problem, I just never noticed.

I agree Genebaby. Considering how secretive they have been about something's, they seemingly weren't about this. In this shot, with Mark on the end it would have been easy to keep Mark's hand out of the camera view. I'll poke around for a bigger pic of that. I noticed it when I had the full size poster of that shot on my wall.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

No pun intended, but even at 12 when I got this poster Mark's hand stuck out like a sore thumb to me.
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

This poster is for sale on ebay

here is a closer view...his index finger on his left hand really looks swollen here:
Mark St. John hand enlargement.jpg
Last edited by FREDDYB3 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

looks a little like that 3 fingered hand that was hanging out of the crib on that "Rosemary's baby" movie poster
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

PinkWiz wrote:No pun intended, but even at 12 when I got this poster Mark's hand stuck out like a sore thumb to me.
+1