Drummer guitar picks

Talk about Kiss
GOLD5

Drummer guitar picks

Post by GOLD5 »

I noticed there are KISS guitar picks for Peter Criss and Eric Singer. I was just wondering why they have them, and how would they be used? Are there just a few added to the mic stands of Paul and Gene or how would they get given out? Even when Peter sings Beth he just sings along to a tape, no guitar.. I figured you all might know..
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Drummer guitar picks

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, I have no idea, other than it's another thing to sell and make money.

At least Gene, Paul and the other guitarists don't have drum sticks!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
GOLD5

Post by GOLD5 »

Thanks for answering.. :)
I dont think they sell them though do they? They give them out free at shows by flinging them into the audience. Unless theres a way to sell off the unused ones after a show to promoters..? So they actually lose money off them, right? Ive never seen a picture with a mic stand that had a drummer pick on it.. I'll make sure to ask Peter Criss if he ever comes out of that back room.. ;)
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Fans could possibly be injured by a flying drumstick so maybe they give the drummers guitar picks to flick out?

Or maybe a pick with the drummer's name is sold for the completist fan?
GOLD5

Post by GOLD5 »

These picks seem used. Ive seen them whip drumsticks out into the crowd. I think fans are more likely to get stomped by a nearby person who wants the thrown item that to get pegged by it, lol. Everybody wants to catch that stuff, they always see it and home in.. Like hockey pucks, people love taking them home from games..

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/380808097200?ssP ... 1439.l2649
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

wow funny thread, something like 2 days ago i noticed the same
GOLD5

Post by GOLD5 »

I would have started the thread two days ago but I was bidding on a Vinnie COTN pick and I didnt want you guys bidding against me, lol
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Hey, You can start bidding on this....

This pick was given to me personally by Vinnie's Sister Donna, it came from the Radio City Music Hall concert during the Lick It Up tour. This pick will cost you dearly, for it has both Male/Female Cusano "DNA" on it !!! :shock:

Image[/ur[URL=http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/crdedward/media/008_zpsa0a64a4b.jpg.html]Imagel]
GOLD5

Post by GOLD5 »

Its OK, I think I can make a clone from the DNA on the pick I already got.. Just hope I dont grow a roadie by mistake!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Nice one Ed!

And Goldie, of course Paul & Gene had a drumstick line! They picked them out of the back of their head after Peter had thrown them!!! :P :P :P
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I have gotten picks from Peter when he was coming out for Beth. He would have a handful and toss them.
Eric Singer would do the same during the band bow.I have a few of his picks as well. One with the L.A.Lakers logo on it. I have also seen him fling them from his kit.

Singer also would hand out sticks at the end of the show. Peter never did.

The first drummer that I saw to have guitar picks was Wild Mick Brown from Dokken.It was on a Poison tour.
The "Wild Mick Drum Pick". His tech at the time , Paul, gave me a bunch of them.
Paul has been Singer's tech for at least a handful of years now.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
PicksNSticks

Post by PicksNSticks »

BigEd wrote:Hey, You can start bidding on this....

This pick was given to me personally by Vinnie's Sister Donna, it came from the Radio City Music Hall concert during the Lick It Up tour.
How is that possible? Those weren't even made until 1996 for Euphoria.
PicksNSticks

Post by PicksNSticks »

You are all partially right. Started with Peter and Eric continued it. Up until Farewell, Peter was using Ahead sticks. These are black and made of space age materials. So they did not break, could be used for many, many shows and would be an invisible deadly weapon if he threw them. So he did the picks, which Eric continued. And now with the band licensing their picks in 2010, it is now just a money making scheme (although as noted, Eric does indeed still toss them from behind his kit and when he takes his bow and if he sings Beth). So you all had different pieces of the puzzle.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Remember, Singer still throws out sticks to the crowd.

Cool note:
Tommy Lee still uses Ahead Sticks . He purposefully bounced one to me from his kit in between songs on the Kiss/Motley Tour. Very cool moment !!!! Funny how stuff like that still gets me giddy .

I believe that Peter Criss went back to wood sticks for the Aerosmith/Kiss Tour. I don't think he threw any out .
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Hey PicksNsticks....You may be potentially right ! I worked 2 door down from Donna between the years of 1995-1998. Though the poster I know was from the Radio City Music Hall, the pick may be just what you say...I guess my question is, How does Donna possibly have a pick from the Euphoria era while she up in Connecticut and Vinnie is miles away in Nashville ??? Did Vinnie send her 1 to give to me, did Vinnie send her some to give out to fans or is Donna holding some of his property/merchandise for safe keeping up here in Connecticut ?
PicksNSticks

Post by PicksNSticks »

By no means is it a far stretch to assume family members of artists have stashes of swag such as picks.