alternate 1984-88

Talk about Kiss
AceAlive1

alternate 1984-88

Post by AceAlive1 »

i was at work yesterday and completely forgot to post this after i got home...

so here goes

what if kiss still released all said albums between mentioned time period...but vinnie was still with them with gene and paul realizing that they NEED him and his writing skills so the band doesnt turn into a cheesetastic suckfest with some real head scratchers on certain 80's albums....all the while trying to be bon jovi light and even sharing a writer in desmond child.

i think desmond should have kept with kiss, they may have faired better/ been on movie soundtracks etc etc

i was thinking what if KISS was on the Nightmare On Elm Street soundtrack and they performed love kills? :shock: :shock:

i vivdly pictured paul singing this and im like "oh my god, kiss fucked up....again"

even moreso i listen to vinnie's invasion work and go "wow, gene shoulda sang this, paul shoulda sang that. eric woulda sounded WAY better on drums there"

what could have been........... :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: alternate 1984-88

Post by Genebaby »

I guess what would have been the ultimate would be Vinnie staying in Kiss but also doing solo albums of his material that wouldn't suit.

Best of both worlds as Vinnie and Gene and Paul were a great match music wise, and Vinnie can realise the rest of his musical vision on solo work that can be OTT like he also likes.

As much as I still like the 80's Kiss albums after Vinnie, they totally would have been killer with Vinnie in the mix and Kiss would have risen to the top of the metal pile, not make do with following other bands.

Desmond is a mystery to me, maybe Chris and the Db Geek team could interview him.

Paul wrote with him starting with I Was Made in 79, then again but the relationship didn't keep on and Bon Jovi used him to great effect and success.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
AceAlive1

Re: alternate 1984-88

Post by AceAlive1 »

Genebaby wrote:I guess what would have been the ultimate would be Vinnie staying in Kiss but also doing solo albums of his material that wouldn't suit.

Best of both worlds as Vinnie and Gene and Paul were a great match music wise, and Vinnie can realise the rest of his musical vision on solo work that can be OTT like he also likes.

As much as I still like the 80's Kiss albums after Vinnie, they totally would have been killer with Vinnie in the mix and Kiss would have risen to the top of the metal pile, not make do with following other bands.

Desmond is a mystery to me, maybe Chris and the Db Geek team could interview him.

Paul wrote with him starting with I Was Made in 79, then again but the relationship didn't keep on and Bon Jovi used him to great effect and success.

i got the feeling they didnt offer desmond enough cash......

also i think vinnie had BOOKS of music written for kiss but they lost a step when he had to release them with invasion since well the members werent as good there