two kiss "what ifs"

Talk about Kiss
AceAlive1

two kiss "what ifs"

Post by AceAlive1 »

ok....first...

what if ace left...and then richie sambora got the gig?

i just saw a picture that shows he woulda been a good fit in makeup, im with it....and he was even holding a les paul sunburst...

second....what if vinnie gets fired way before rio...

they do the show pretty much half ass with some lame axe man.

and vinnie ends up flying straight and gets the job with ozzy after randy rhoads' untimely passing

:shock: :shock:

i KNOW in my heart just by hearing vinnie play that he could seamlessly play randy's material...

woulda been great
PinkWiz

Re: two kiss "what ifs"

Post by PinkWiz »

Sharon would've just kicked Cusano to the curb for not signing the contract.
ankh

Post by ankh »

Ritchie didn't pass the audition...............The job at the time was offered to Yngwie as well.Steve vai considered to go to.Punky Meadows, to their astonishment, turned them down

After the LIU tour, Dana was offered $5k to find mr.right............They did auditon keevin Carlson( rhytm guitar in Aldo Nova band) offered the job to Jack Starr and mick Mars who did refue(Enfer magazine)

Mark later auditioned for Ozzy............and Dio........... and Yes
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

ankh wrote:Ritchie didn't pass the audition...............The job at the time was offered to Yngwie as well.Steve vai considered to go to.Punky Meadows, to their astonishment, turned them down

After the LIU tour, Dana was offered $5k to find mr.right............They did auditon keevin Carlson( rhytm guitar in Aldo Nova band) offered the job to Jack Starr and mick Mars who did refue(Enfer magazine)

what?! how could richie not play this material? kinda pedestrian compared to what he plays.

i think gene and paul are shooting themselves in the foot.....cuz richie wrote most if not all of bon jovi's 80's hits....think of what kiss woulda sounded like playing living on a prayer

i heard about punky, didnt know the others auditioned. if gene and paul think vinnie was bad, think if they woulda gottan yngwie.

he is an asshat and a half. only difference is that he still performs.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, asshat or not, Yngwie is still a functioning and performing musician. He can get it together to have a tour organised and just do it without all the bullshit Vinnie goes on about when he even thinks of doing the same.

Strange Ritchie wasn't selected, it was onit after Vinnie that the musical bar was lifted to where a player needed some good modern chops to play the songs, which obviously continued with Mark and Bruce.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

AceAlive1 wrote:
ankh wrote:Ritchie didn't pass the audition...............The job at the time was offered to Yngwie as well.Steve vai considered to go to.Punky Meadows, to their astonishment, turned them down

what?! how could richie not play this material? kinda pedestrian compared to what he plays.

i think gene and paul are shooting themselves in the foot.....cuz richie wrote most if not all of bon jovi's 80's hits....think of what kiss woulda sounded like playing living on a prayer

i heard about punky, didnt know the others auditioned. if gene and paul think vinnie was bad, think if they woulda gottan yngwie.

Yngwie can still play like a hellion sent mutha fucker too :-)
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

Slayer wrote:
AceAlive1 wrote:

Yngwie can still play like a hellion sent mutha fucker too :-)

yea but the way he treats his fans IN PERSON is what makes me not like him.

it'd be like if vinnie said "yea fuck you" in the middle of signing something, u know? which he never did. that was ace.
ankh

Post by ankh »

Ritchie didn't know-and admitted it too- most of Kiss materila,i think at the time he didn't have the right attitude, just tryng out to become a big shot.

Proficiency has nothin to do with how well you may gel with the rest of the band,or the feelin they have when they jam together.......
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Plus Richie was only 21/22 at the time. May have thought he was too young.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

shramiac wrote:Plus Richie was only 21/22 at the time. May have thought he was too young.

he woulda fit in beautifully with them since eric was there too. its like theyre saying since eric singer and tommy joined "the band looks younger"

it makes me wonder if he woulda worn the spaceman makeup too and im guessing it wouldnt have been nearly as big of an issue then as opposed to someone doing it now
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Kiss would've definitely slapped the ankh makeup on anyone who joined in '82... the spaceman makeup was off limits then.
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

ankh wrote:Ritchie didn't know-and admitted it too- most of Kiss materila,i think at the time he didn't have the right attitude, just tryng out to become a big shot.

Proficiency has nothin to do with how well you may gel with the rest of the band,or the feelin they have when they jam together.......

then explain bruce kulick?

great on the guitar but his new solos on old material he didnt play on is kinda painful to listen to.
ankh

Post by ankh »

you should ask G&P about it ;).Like they did with the tempo,probably they either gave him free rein or,more like, wanted to update the style of the songs a bit.

Funny how on kissfaq.com some people criticized Eric carr for playng faster forgetting that the final word was always on G&P.He -like all the members who were employees- played what the bosses commanded them to play.

And i may be wrong, but i got the impression that on some songs(COTN) Bruce was playng very similar to what Vinnie chose to play when he joined the band.

I think at the time the "play like the record" routine wasn't so important,like it did in the following years.

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I'd prefer to listen and watch the Kulick era rather than the Ace/Peter years!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I can dig all the eras, knowing that Gene and Paul's idea of how Kiss should sound changed with the times.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

ankh wrote:you should ask G&P about it ;).Like they did with the tempo,probably they either gave him free rein or,more like, wanted to update the style of the songs a bit.

Funny how on kissfaq.com some people criticized Eric carr for playng faster forgetting that the final word was always on G&P.He -like all the members who were employees- played what the bosses commanded them to play.

And i may be wrong, but i got the impression that on some songs(COTN) Bruce was playng very similar to what Vinnie chose to play when he joined the band.

I think at the time the "play like the record" routine wasn't so important,like it did in the following years.

compare the solos that bruce and vinnie did for dr love and firehouse...... vinnie's actually was almost lost a completely new solo and not just someone riffing.

same with rock and roll all night. bruce's was way off the road