interview with mitch weissman by Timstar 78, incl.Vinne refe

Talk about Kiss
ankh

interview with mitch weissman by Timstar 78, incl.Vinne refe

Post by ankh »

http://kissfaq.com/78/interview_mitch_weissman.php

Timstar78 and the kissfaq.com staff made a stellar job in interviewing many artists related to the solo albums.Not even the official site came with such great material and wonderful ,in depth interviews.

Tim,if you are reading this, thanks so much and kudos to you!.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
poserboy71

Re: interview with mitch weissman by Timstar 78, incl.Vinne

Post by poserboy71 »

KF: You mentioned you had a Vinnie Vincent story. How about it, Mitch?
MW: What's funny is I remember when KISS were looking for guitarists after Ace, Grover Jackson had sent a bunch of cassettes and Paul and I sat in that apartment on 52nd Street and listened to all of the guitar players -- Allan Holdsworth and all these different guys that were being submitted. And Vinnie's demo was in there. The song that sold Paul was "Tears." I don't remember any great guitar playing on it at all. That's when I first heard Vinnie. He was brought in on "Creatures" because Ace was starting to fall apart. And then he came in for "Lick It Up." I remember Gene calling me at my apartment on 74th Street on the West Side and saying, "Come over to the hotel." It was a hotel on the East Side. Vinnie was in the room for like five or six days. I went over and met him and it was great. He was a huge Beatles freak like them so the three of us spent the entire afternoon singing Beatles songs. I also remember at the end, when the tensions started, all the people around Vinnie were telling him, "You were the one that made these guys."

KF: He co-wrote eight of the 10 songs on "Lick It Up."
MW: Right, and "Lick It Up was a hit. So you could see how he would think that. At the end I remember Gene and I sitting at Radio City Music Hall at the end of their stint of gigs [in 1984]. Vinnie was in the band and backstage he was talking to a bunch of guys from Connecticut about where he was going next and how he was going to the next level. And he was then out of the band. He thought he was bigger than the band.

"He thought he was bigger than the band."
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, a great interview.

I guess Vinnie did get a case of the head swells. In truth he was a very talented guy that finally got noticed due to being in Kiss, so he really could have toned things down and kept riding the wave and together they could have been huge.

At least in the 80's, and somewhat the 90's, Vinnie had a fire in his belly to make something of himself. However badly he handled things, at least he was out there.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Funny because the story of how vv got in with kiss changes.
Usually the story is it was via adam Mitchell. Vv said it was through michael j jackson. I suppise its possible paul had already met vv through Mitchell by this time.

Vv still says and is told by brown nosers that he made and saved kiss. On that principle he has sued kiss for years.
Vv certainly was great but saving them... no way. I find it pretty disgraceful he was saying at a kiss show he was moving onto bigger things. Vv had done hardly anything in his 20s and was broke when he joined kiss. So who saved who?
Bye Bye
Simonbfrost

Re: interview with mitch weissman by Timstar 78, incl.Vinne refe

Post by Simonbfrost »

Mitch Weismann is wicked cool... he lives in the hills near Jazon Wild and we had a nice little chat on the phone before about VV and other things...