odd but nice kiss fact

Talk about Kiss
AceAlive1

odd but nice kiss fact

Post by AceAlive1 »

they released AT LEAST one album a year from 1974 to 1985 for a total of SEVENTEEN studio albums :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

how come no one talks about this? instead its "ohh U2 released their first album in 4 years"
doublev2

Re: odd but nice kiss fact

Post by doublev2 »

Pretty amazing. I think 1986 was first year without a release.
I think because paul and gene only had to come up with 4 or 5 songs an album may have helped.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

They did do a lot of output didn't they? The 70's was crazy, two Kiss albums a year, sometimes both with brand new studio material. Plus the solo albums. That's a lot of work.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Can't say they didn't give it all back then!

Except for Double Platinium I guess? That was a cash in.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No days off back then. Can see how ace and peter got burnt out.
Bye Bye
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

shramiac wrote:Can't say they didn't give it all back then!

Except for Double Platinium I guess? That was a cash in.

i didnt count double platinum or the live albums from that stretch
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

For some reason double platinum is cool though. I like it the best of all compilations along with killers.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I too love DP.....I mean, Double Platinum. It got me back into Kiss. For some reason I bought it and never looked back.
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

Genebaby wrote:I too love DP.....I mean, Double Platinum. It got me back into Kiss. For some reason I bought it and never looked back.

i think kiss has the only "greatest hits" album of this kind. most of them are rearranged or are alternate takes altogether.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

What was with the 2 covers? I had both.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

There are more than two. The original silver foil, then the re-release with the Dynasty photos inside is most common. I got that one at first. I stared at it for ages but it took me ages to realise the photos in my copy were from the year after the album was released, lol.

There is at least a white/red coloured cover, which is quite rare. My friend back in the day just saw it at a record store and bought it for his mega collection.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Genebaby wrote:I too love DP.....I mean, Double Platinum. It got me back into Kiss. For some reason I bought it and never looked back.
I can't recall the first KISS album that grabbed my attention. I used to ride along with my sister, and her husband. My brother-in-law would play KISS albums in the tape deck. I bought the Ace Frehley solo album at Relic Records. I played it for my dad, and he became a KISS fan. :lol: :lol: He wanted to tape it. :D :D He loved all kinds of music...Frank Sinatra...Elvis...Johnny Cash...Alice Cooper...Lena Horne...Jefferson Airplane...Olivia Newton John...Stevie Ray Vaughn...Garth Brooks...Metallica....
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
GOLD5

Post by GOLD5 »

I read an interview with Gene where he said that the record company totally pressured them to do Double Platinum and that they get hassled to do compilations all the time. He said its the executives that love doing it because its zero work and all profit. Of course it makes that band look like theyre trying to pinch fans.. So thats why they added the extra remixed version of Strutter 78. To add at least some value to it for fans that were going to have to basically buy it anyway for their collections. As far as I know the rest of the tracks are the regular album versions.
The first Kiss album I had was The Originals. A triple gatefold LP of their first three albums that had a large booklet too. I came home from school one afternoon and as I walked in the door I came upon my mom and my brother breaking the records over their knees. You know because of the evil backwards satanic messages in them. Turn me on, dead man, etc.
Its Ok though, I bought another one.. ;)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Album censorship, ouch. Strutter on DP is a new recording and I love it.

Some sings like Dr Love and Detroit Rock City are remixed from the regular versions. The into to Rock Bottom is there with a different tone and totally low in volume. Not sure what they were thinking there.