Kiss POPS

Talk about Kiss
poserboy71

Kiss POPS

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:kev.. just ice pops Image
Check Paul out. Protecting his throat with a thick scarf . Voice/throat protection 101.
[youtube][/youtube]
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Re: Kiss POPS

Post by PinkWiz »

Was wondering if they'd include Thayer and Singer... Guess they will. The company is called Peters and Peter still missed out on being included... :mrgreen:
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Nice one PW!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Poor Peter :/
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

shramiac wrote:Nice one PW!
Actually gotta give Dino credit for that one... I just restated it. 8)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, those are the original boxes from 1980. I've seen the new design and it has Eric and Tommy on there, as with all current merchandise. Can't wait to get me some of these again. It's been over 30 years!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I would get them myself but I refuse to eat something that has the two imposters faces on it! Perhaps I'm being a bit too over exaggerated about it but I just can't stand them -__-
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I've never had a problem with new members in the old makeup. As much fun as it is to brainstorm about new characters for the new members, if Kiss was MY band, I would've kept the same makeup/characters for new members (and yes, Gene and Paul would've thrown the space and cat makeups on Carr and Cusano if they'd had the rights in the early 80's). Even though I love the ankh and fox designs, just think how silly it can get when a band goes thru band member after band member and they have to think up yet ANOTHER character (Kiss has TEN official members!!) It becomes kinda meaningless after awhile (although it can be argued that throwing a new guy in the old guy's makeup becomes meaningless too).

If Kiss would've went with more "definite" ideas for the characters (for example Earth, Wind, Fire and Water) then maybe it would've been easier for diehard fans to swallow when new guys came in (as opposed to supposedly basing the characters on their personalities).
Last edited by PinkWiz on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

PinkWiz wrote:I've never had a problem with new members in the old makeup. As much fun as it is to brainstorm about new characters for the new members, if Kiss was MY band, I would've kept the same makeup/characters for new members (and yes, Gene and Paul would've thrown the space and cat makeup on Carr and Cusano if they'd had the rights in the early 80's). Even though I love the ankh and fox designs, just think how silly it can get when a band goes thru band member after band member (Kiss had TEN official members!!) It becomes kinda meaningless after awhile.

If Kiss would've went with more "definite" ideas for the characters (for example Earth, Wind, Fire and Water) then maybe it would've been easier for diehard fans to swallow when new guys came in (as opposed to supposedly basing the characters on their personalities).

Perhaps I do go a bit overboard with them having new members. And now that I look at it, I agree with the makeup part. It is better to stick with the same makeup rather than going through a different design each time. However, I can't deal with the character copies :/ As in the attitude and the way they play on stage. Can't say anything against Eric since I was never really into the Catman. That Tommy though...I've always been a big fan of Ace along with Vinnie, and just seeing Tommy imitate Ace's moves and all just irks me. But it's just something I'll have to deal with I suppose. I don't really listen to KISS as much as I used to so I really don't have a right to complain. Life goes on!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

AnkhWarrior wrote:
Perhaps I do go a bit overboard with them having new members. And now that I look at it, I agree with the makeup part. It is better to stick with the same makeup rather than going through a different design each time. However, I can't deal with the character copies :/ As in the attitude and the way they play on stage. Can't say anything against Eric since I was never really into the Catman. That Tommy though...I've always been a big fan of Ace along with Vinnie, and just seeing Tommy imitate Ace's moves and all just irks me. But it's just something I'll have to deal with I suppose. I don't really listen to KISS as much as I used to so I really don't have a right to complain. Life goes on!

Oh, don't get me wrong... the new guy should bring his own personality in instead of acting like and playing exactly like the former member. That IS fukn silly when Simmons makes Thayer "stumble" like Ace or Singer tries doing the old "drumming faces" that Peter did back in the 70's (like bowing his lips and raising his drum sticks straight up in the air).
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

PinkWiz wrote:
AnkhWarrior wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong... the new guy should bring his own personality in instead of acting like and playing exactly like the former member. That IS fukn silly when Simmons makes Thayer "stumble" like Ace or Singer tries doing the old "drumming faces" that Peter did back in the 70's (like bowing his lips and raising his drum sticks straight up in the air).

Tommy's onstage 'personality' probably sucks donkey cock so he does his impression of Ace...who is just awesomely awesome and cannot be copied :D
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

AnkhWarrior wrote:
sucks donkey cock :D

Language, young lady!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

I will never be able to stomach new members in Ace and Peter's makeup. I suppose it is the purist in me
Original KISS was the thing that gave me have most joy growing up. They were my lifestyle, I ate, breathed and dreamt KISS for at least 10 years.
To see the legacy tampered with does not sit well with me.
I loved and accepted Eric Carr and Vinnie because they had their own cool identities and had a great live look.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

shramiac wrote:
AnkhWarrior wrote:
sucks donkey cock :D

Language, young lady!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
:P That's all that came to mind when thinking of Tommy, sorry though! lol
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Warrior wrote:I will never be able to stomach new members in Ace and Peter's makeup. I suppose it is the purist in me
Original KISS was the thing that gave me have most joy growing up. They were my lifestyle, I ate, breathed and dreamt KISS for at least 10 years.
To see the legacy tampered with does not sit well with me.
I loved and accepted Eric Carr and Vinnie because they had their own cool identities and had a great live look.
On the same exact page with ya, man
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I went to two Caltex service stations last night. The first had nothing and the second had the display but were sold out. Will try again tonight.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I got some tonight! Second one had a whole lot. Probably get some more and then a box or two when they arrive next week. This is so cool. My daughter is loving it. She sees it as normal that Kiss would have an ice block.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vic, Let's have a picture or two of you enjoying a Kiss Pop. :P :P :P :P

NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Lick it Up! :roll:

Can't believe I just said that lame ass joke!
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

Now that is funny, well said brother!.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Vinnie should make his own brand of ice cream pops :P
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

AnkhWarrior wrote:I would get them myself but I refuse to eat something that has the two imposters faces on it! Perhaps I'm being a bit too over exaggerated about it but I just can't stand them -__-
I'm a KISS purist, too.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

KissMyAss wrote:
AnkhWarrior wrote:I would get them myself but I refuse to eat something that has the two imposters faces on it! Perhaps I'm being a bit too over exaggerated about it but I just can't stand them -__-
I'm a KISS purist, too.
Good to know im not alone on that lol
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

AnkhWarrior wrote:Vinnie should make his own brand of ice cream pops :P
They would be ass flavored :-)
Warrior

Post by Warrior »

They would be ass flavored :-)

Sad but true!.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Warrior wrote:They would be ass flavored :-)

Sad but true!.
Lmao!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I got a box of them last night, will get heaps more as they are on special soon I've heard.

I also got a six pack of Kiss beer. I haven't tried it yet. I've heard it isn't great but I'm not a big beer drinker and don't like a lot of stuff others do, so I may like this one. Maybe not though, haha.

Not too cheap, the beer, @ $25 for a six pack. Cans are larger than regular though.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

KISS beer?!?! I love beer...be more than willing to try that out! Warren/detroit sucks though...havenr found any of those on display! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The beer may be unique to Australia too.

It's called Destroyer Beer and has the dumbest description.

It says it's "The Hottest Beer In The World". Should be the coldest!!!
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Genebaby wrote:The beer may be unique to Australia too.

xD no wonder ita not here...shame
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, we get some cool stuff. The Ice Pops are a throwback to 1980 when they did a mega tour here. They will be here in a few weeks to see Kiss in the supermarket again.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Genebaby wrote:The beer may be unique to Australia too.

Haha "hottest beer"... what a stupid tagline... should've been "It's Cold Beer Time Again!" :idea: :twisted:
AceAlive1

Post by AceAlive1 »

tommy looks better in the costume than ace. more of an imposing figure on stage and generally a larger person. so when he puts the boots on, it makes for a better visual.

i've seen him in three different costumes and he just works on stage better than ace.

the solos are clearer and he doesnt skip notes.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

AceAlive1 wrote:tommy looks better in the costume than ace. more of an imposing figure on stage and generally a larger person. so when he puts the boots on, it makes for a better visual.
i've seen him in three different costumes and he just works on stage better than ace.
I respectfully DISAGREE.

Vinnie is a small dude BUT his PRESENCE on stage was mammoth. He OWNED it. You truly got the visual to the bombast (especially on the LIU tour). Like I've said before, His makeup character was more scary than Simmons could ever be. Simmons needed the contorted faces, blood, and fire, where The Wiz just had 'IT'.
I grew up digging Paul. His prancing fairy routine was far overshadowed when Vinnie showed up. When Vinnie would lick his lips(while in Ankh makeup) ,I just thought of all the pussy that guy was getting.
I wish they would have explored that character more. I imagine the Love Gun album but in an Egyptian tomb surrounded by whores and treasures. Pure gluttony. :D :D :D :D
Tommy and Bruce have a lot in common stage-wise(Equal in mediocre songwriting.Bruce is a far better player). They are only good on stage for the people they can make eye contact with.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

On the weekend I got another 8 multi-packs of ice blocks, that should do for a while.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

AceAlive1 wrote:tommy looks better in the costume than ace. more of an imposing figure on stage and generally a larger person. so when he puts the boots on, it makes for a better visual.

i've seen him in three different costumes and he just works on stage better than ace

Yes, Tommy looks better than "fat Ace" in the costume, but the skinny, lanky Ace of the 70's couldn't be beat.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

poserboy71 wrote:

I wish they would have explored that character more. I imagine the Love Gun album but in an Egyptian tomb surrounded by whores and treasures. Pure gluttony. :D :D :D :D
. :idea: :shock: :D
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

ehhh I don't think tommy pulls off Ace's costume. Sure, Ace couldn't pull it off NOW, but Tommy doesn't compare anywhere NEAR as Ace back in the day. Plus, Tommy's face shape with the makeup bothers me :/