FRIDAYS to be released on DVD

Talk about Kiss
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

FRIDAYS to be released on DVD

Post by strangeways »

While all three songs from the Elder performed live are on KISSOLOGY the guys were in a skit from that episode (not on the KISSOLOGY).

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Friday ... nned/17992

In 1980, ABC tried to imitate the success of NBC's long-running Saturday Night Live series with Fridays. One of the people who was both a writer and cast on the show was Larry David, who is both on-screen and behind-the-screens in Curb Your Enthusiasm, and was the creator of Seinfeld as well. His Seinfeld cast member, Michael Richards ("Kramer") was also on the Fridays cast, as was Melanie Chartoff (the principal in Parker Lewis Can't Lose and "Didi Pickles" in Rugrats and All Grown Up). Now it appears that Fridays will come to DVD at last, thanks to the folks at Shout! Factory:

Shout! Factory secured the same set of rights to "Fridays," but does not know when it will release the show on home entertainment platforms. The sketch comedy series ran from 1980 to 1982 and, like "Saturday Night Live," it featured celebrity hosts such as Susan Sarandon and Billy Crystal and musical guests such as AC/DC and The Pretenders. Although "Fridays" briefly bested "Saturday Night Live" in the ratings, it went off the air after ABC decided to make "Nightline" a five-nights-a-week program.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: FRIDAYS to be released on DVD

Post by Genebaby »

Cool, will be great to check out the skit. I think I've seen it, but I'm not quite sure.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

They are in a Rubic's Cube for a Hollywood Squares spoof.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

cool, were Eric and Ace included in the skit?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yes :D

Basically , They fall out of the Rubik's Cube when it's spun. I don't believe they even spoke.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS