Kiss!!!

Talk about Kiss
Genebaby
Site Admin

Kiss!!!

Post by Genebaby »

It's funny, but I've been staying late at work some Saturday's, like this past one, getting lots of stuff done and I happen to have the Kiss discography on the pc there so I was forced to play lots of stuff I haven't heard in years.

Psycho Circus wasn't too bad, save that insipid ballad Paul made Peter sing.

I listened to Carnival Of Souls and was amazed at how many songs I knew as I never listened to it much.

Alive III was fun to hear again.

Hot In The Shade, Crazy Nights, Asylum, I also enjoyed having a listen to as well.

Now I'm going around singing bits of songs like Secretly Cruel, Radar For Love, When Your Walls Come Down.

Kiss truly became an 80's band. Not quite as generic as some, but it was an 80's sound they had.

I loved the shit out of Asylum when I first got it, and the others, but they dropped off my listening radar, unlike the VVI albums, which have stayed loud favourites.

I'll have to play them again on the Ipod some time it was good.

Played the Elder and heard the whole thing again for the first time in ages.

I am a big Kiss fan, like with Vinnie, and I do have issues with certain things both of them have done in the past, but they are frikkin' good bands when it comes down to it.

Both deserved to be bigger in the 80's. Together they could have done it, but Kiss could never be the Kiss featuring Vinnie Vincent, which it would have needed to be for Vinnie to stay. Paul and Gene couldn't have someone else come in and be so much when it was their band and they started it so long ago. More's the pity.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, it's now official, I listend to them again this weekend and I am loving Asylum and Crazy Nights again. Listened to them on a rare bus trip to work and played Crazy Nights again on the way home!!!

I'm remembering what it was like in the 80's or something, really appreciating this stuff again.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

tHIS MADE ME PUT IN unmasked. I really appreciate this as a great pop album. I used to think Crazy Nights was my least favorite Kiss album. That has been overshadowed by Hot In The Shade. Any album with "Cadillac Dreams" wins the worst album title !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Listening to Crazy Nights right now...

Unmasked I have always liked. I got into it in 1980, again in 84 after seeing Heaven's on Fire video clip, and then again in 87 when I got back in to Kiss big time.

Dynasty and Unmasked are great, but I haven't listened to stuff after Lick It Up much for ages.....though I loved it all when it came out.

Bang Bang You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon!!!!

Going to enjoy seeing Bruce as he played on this stuff.

I dig Cadillac Dreams, it's not a terrible song. :D
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

in my opinion creatures is the best album they have done and I never get tired of listening to it.Unmasked was good as well and I might be the only one who likes the elder.Of coarse destroyer was thier best pre creatures.I have never been impressed with kisses musical skills especially gene who I thin is the worst song writer of the bunch.Paul has done more to keep that band going than anyone.But Aceto me was the true musical talent behind kiss.God that guy can write a hooky song.
birnie

Post by birnie »

poserboy71 wrote:tHIS MADE ME PUT IN unmasked. I really appreciate this as a great pop album. I used to think Crazy Nights was my least favorite Kiss album. That has been overshadowed by Hot In The Shade. Any album with "Cadillac Dreams" wins the worst album title !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I Fucking HATE Hot in the Shade with a passion!
Even the cover sucks balls.

In fact it tuned me off them for good.
Still like the old stuff but i haven't even given the Circus album or whatever there is a listen.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Creatures is great, but Lick It Up is in a class of it's own as a Kiss record. It is superb.

Songs, playing, production, it's brilliant.
metatron

Post by metatron »

birnie wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:THIS MADE ME PUT IN unmasked. I really appreciate this as a great pop album. I used to think Crazy Nights was my least favorite Kiss album. That has been overshadowed by Hot In The Shade. Any album with "Cadillac Dreams" wins the worst album title !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I Fucking HATE Hot in the Shade with a passion!
Even the cover sucks balls.

In fact it tuned me off them for good.
Still like the old stuff but i haven't even given the Circus album or whatever there is a listen.
Agree 100%...HATE Hot in the Shade, LOVE unmasked.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev

Post by doublev »

i like some tunes on hot in the shade. love's a slap in the face, silver spoon, love to hate you and hide your heart. Hate 'forever' and most over stuff. How the hell did forever do so well?? think about it.. love kills did nothing and forever was a hit. such bullshit. unamsked was great and dynasty too. love 'dirty livin' .. that should have been a disco hit. not sure why it wasn't. could still be remade as a pop song today.

personally i think lick it up is the best record but creatures was more catchy and distinctive in my opinion.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

"Cadillac Dreams" takes what is good about H.I.T.S. and shits all over it. Totally taints a good pop effort. H.I.T.S. gets a "C " as a grade. No heart or emotion just gay story telling and pop drivel. Carnival Of Souls at least had songs that were personal- about their kids, their confusion of what to do (on the brink of the reunion tour) etc...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
saintandsinner

Post by saintandsinner »

I just cant into them in the non makeup years with the exception of lick it up nothing they did until revenge was good enough to bother with......
sunnyto666

Re: Kiss!!!

Post by sunnyto666 »

MY FAVORITE BAND IS KISS!!!!!!!!THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[color=#FF00FF][/color]I DID IT MY WAY!