Monster Album preview songs

Talk about Kiss
poserboy71

Re: Monster Album preview songs

Post by poserboy71 »

Thanks Alexandre. They need Vinnie.

I hate hearing Autotune/sterility through the whole damn thing.

There isn't a memorable hook in this mess. Kiss has really lost the plot.

At least Gene's tunes were Sonic Booms saving grace. Monster is HORRIBLE.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AshesToAshes

Post by AshesToAshes »

same old same old :roll:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

that makes Psycho Circus sound good.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:that makes Psycho Circus sound good.
Agreed.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

they have to know it sound bad. Its like they want to sound bad.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Fuck, reading this I'm depressed and don't want to listen.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

KISS is no longer a band, there a "BRAND" All that Gene & Paul want to do is to make as much $$$$ as possible so that they can continue the lifestyles that they live and that their children and grandchildren are well taken care of...This album is in essence their obituary in music fashion !!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Man, they need Vinnie badly!!!!

Where is the goods they had before? Like, it's cool they are out and still doing stuff but accepting help to make the best album they can wouldn't hurt.
eddiepagechicago

Post by eddiepagechicago »

I'm just kickin' back reading all these comments...
Rise All Creatures...Hail To The Beast...
Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

They are old so you got to give them some slack but they can not think that's worth putting out. I would say peters last solo record is close to this in quality of song writing.
Yes they need vinnie from 83 but also they need their old selves back too.
You hope this will get such bad reviews that it may make them take note and bring in some real talent.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Why doesnt vv release gfh the same day monster comes out or at least a couple days after.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

oh my god, this sounds exactly like how i thought it would sound...

ugh.

i would rather hear this...

[youtube][/youtube]
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

You got problems PW!!!!! :P

Sounds like the last one to me! Looks like Tommy is aping Ace AGAIN!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnn!!!!!
Last edited by shramiac on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

PinkWiz wrote:oh my god, this sounds exactly like how i thought it would sound...

ugh.

i would rather hear this...

[youtube][/youtube]
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

eddiepagechicago wrote:I'm just kickin' back reading all these comments...
your head is so far up Vinnie's ass you must be reading them from his dickhole... :roll:
eddiepagechicago

PinkWiz wrote:
eddiepagechicago wrote:I'm just kickin' back reading all these comments...
your head is so far up Vinnie's ass you must be reading them from his dickhole... :roll:

Truth stings a bit doesn't it...
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I know that I have said the same thing all along SO I'm all good. :D :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
eddiepagechicago

Oh, by the way...I'll add my comments now...

genie and paulie suck fuckin' donkey ballz while they are being sucked off by Tommy & Eric.
And the whole orgy is sealed with a kiss.

I can't wait for their next album after their reunion / farewell / final / we're back again / we want your money tour.
I'm sure it will be grand...
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I can understand but not agree kiss need vinnie. We don't know if vv has fallen as hard or harder thank Kiss as we don't know . He's not putting out music. To me he was putting out better music than kiss were during vvi but that's not to say that he could do it know. To be honest I never thought pauls tunes would dry up like they seem to have done so it could be happening to vv. I would love to hear what he's upto but basically gfh was written at the same time as hot in the shade so I need to hear recent stuff to actually say kiss need vinnie.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Good points Dino. Kiss are putting out some mediocre stuff so we know what their current abilities are, but with Vinnie doing absolutely NOTHING we just don't know and speculate and hope he still has "it", but he may not.

Despite what was said, Euphoria was not a finalised vision and did not show the peak of his powers.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

eddiepagechicago wrote:Oh, by the way...I'll add my comments now...

genie and paulie suck fuckin' donkey ballz while they are being sucked off by Tommy & Eric.
And the whole orgy is sealed with a kiss.

I can't wait for their next album after their reunion / farewell / final / we're back again / we want your money tour.
I'm sure it will be grand...

You're just preaching to the choir (yet again) but as always you have your head so far up Vinnie's ass you don't see that (but then again your need to go stand outside his house like he's some kinda god proves how delusional you are... I mean, who fukn goes to someone's private residence and stalks them?! A 14 year old fangirl maybe but a full grown man?) :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Chill Homies. :D :D :D :D

I have been mistaken for a teenage girl before... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ...I played along because I needed the money.

NEWBEGINNINGS
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I'm sure Vinnie still has everything he once had...Just because you haven't rode a bike recently doesn't mean you forgot or can't !!! He can probably still write songs in his sleep and run circles around your most experienced guitar players. This all came naturally to Vinnie at an early age...and You just have to keep your fingers crossed that someday You will hear or witness the "Return Of Vinnie Vincent"
metatron

Post by metatron »

Ed, I really hope you are right. It's been a long time between drinks for a not so young (now) Vinnie Vincent. But yep, I hope your right
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah vv could still have it and more but we dont know. Thats all I am saying. But the 80s Vinnie would have been great on monster but I don't think its fair
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Almost all of those Monster samples sound like one of those tapes you get for kids to sing along to in the backseat of the car... I'm even thinking it may be worse than Sonic Boom. :oops:

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

oh shit. I have not bought any kiss record since Hot in the shade so I doubt I will be buying this one. I hope its not the nail in the coffin but I do hope it kicks them in the ass to get in two new members, a great producer and some co-writers of the highest order. i didn't even buy revenge and i knew vv was involved. I didn't like revenge like most people did. just me i suppose.
Bye Bye
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

I think it sounds o.k., hard to tell from little clips. I dont think Tommy is apeing Ace as stated earlier in this tread. I think some will be very surprised at his work on this album. I would still rather hear Ace but what can you do. It's obvious it's not a Vinnie type sounding record to it so, dont think he would have done much for this album. Sonically speaking if Vinnie was in the fold the new album would be as Paul put it ... thunderous but, it's not.
Pyromax

Post by Pyromax »

Wow... and people rip on THE ELDER. Wait till they get a listen to this. This is by far the
worst Kiss album I have ever heard. I cant even give an E for effort. I would be ashamed
to release this... it reminds me of what you would think they would have rejected for
Hot In The Shade.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

jesternjeff wrote: I dont think Tommy is apeing Ace as stated earlier in this tread.

I only said that because of the one song (2nd or 3rd last one) where you got to hear a solo and it full of Ace style fills. Maybe the rest will be more "Tommyfied"??? (probably not though! :lol: )
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

Understandable that there will be a Ace lick here and there. Ace was KIss as far as Im concerned and Gene & Paul are keeping to it Im sure. However, I think there will be some Tommy spotlights, have to wait and see. People are always judgemental and I want to hear it in full before sticking my foot in my mouth !
teej

Post by teej »

since lick it up Gene hasnt written 1 good song outside of unholy - crazy nights songs was the last decent effort from Paul. Ace cant play anymore and neither can Peter. I dont know why they continue with this farce. They are too old for this 'rock' anthem thing - why dont they .. well Paul do something meaningfull with his tallent other than paint pictures. Gene never had any tallent to begin with so all hope is left to Paul to do something from the heart - not the cash machine .. i doubt it will happen tho
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

At this point Gene & Paul are always going to try to mimic the classic KISS sound...regardless who they have on guitar. Tommy is a decent guitarist and does a good job at casting the illusion of the "Spaceman" and this allows Gene & Paul to continue to fill their wallets with CASH !!! As for the new album, you can't claim that it will be a cross between Destroyer/Revenge and then produce some lame product like this...The Elder had some fine moments and even though it didn't sell or wasn't received well by the fans or critics, it was still way better than this !!!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

At this point they should just focus on releasing one good song instead of an album full of filler just for the sake of releasing a new album.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I don't understand the hyperbole. "Worst" "Terrible" "As bad as Criss's last".

I don't feel I can make a judgement based on the 25 seconds of the songs I've heard. I will buy the album just as I did Sonic Boom. I will enjoy some of it and despise some of it just as I did Sonic Boom. But to say these things without hearing the entire thing is weird to me.

Now, I can say that after hearing HoH and comparing/contrasting the 25 second samples to that...I do not hold high hopes that the album will become one of my favorites. I'd be happy with 1 or 2 decent songs and 1 really great song.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

teej wrote: Gene never had any tallent to begin with...
I've always felt that Gene was more talented musically. Paul has only written soda pop jingles for the last 20 years. Gene at least tries to write songs in different styles and meanings.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yer, but different or experimenting doesn't always make it good. eg; Asshole VS Live to Win. For me, personally, as far as song writing goes, Paul Stanly has got my vote. If it wasn't for Paul, KISS would have never been as successful. Even Gene admits to this.
Yer the Soda Pop songs, I see your point. But that's why it's called the Music Business. Easy, digestible fluffy addictive sugar water. Take Crazy Nights Vs GFH. What do I like? GFH. What would sell more, Crazy Nights. It's like McDonald's. Taste the 'meat paddy'. No taste & therefore it can't really offend anyone. Doesn't make McDonald's the best food, but sure as hell makes them the biggest.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

erg2 wrote:I don't understand the hyperbole. "Worst" "Terrible" "As bad as Criss's last".

I don't feel I can make a judgement based on the 25 seconds of the songs I've heard. I will buy the album just as I did Sonic Boom. I will enjoy some of it and despise some of it just as I did Sonic Boom. But to say these things without hearing the entire thing is weird to me.

Now, I can say that after hearing HoH and comparing/contrasting the 25 second samples to that...I do not hold high hopes that the album will become one of my favorites. I'd be happy with 1 or 2 decent songs and 1 really great song.

I'm only talking about the sample, not the full song. But having said that, that 25 seconds is pretty indicative of the rest of the song... I don't think there are gonna be any extreme progressions from that 25 seconds in the rest of the song.
metatron

Post by metatron »

PinkWiz wrote:
erg2 wrote:I don't understand the hyperbole. "Worst" "Terrible" "As bad as Criss's last".

I'm only talking about the sample, not the full song. But having said that, that 25 seconds is pretty indicative of the rest of the song... I don't think there are gonna be any extreme progressions from that 25 seconds in the rest of the song.
Are those 25 second sample of the songs official :?: If so, it's like a movie add or trailer, where they show you all the cool shit (eg, the remake of TOTAL RECALL0) & then you go see the movie & it is the biggest piece of shit you've ever seen. Those 25 second sample could be as good as it gets.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

metatron wrote: What do I like? GFH. What would sell more, Crazy Nights. It's like McDonald's. Taste the 'meat paddy'. No taste & therefore it can't really offend anyone. Doesn't make McDonald's the best food, but sure as hell makes them the biggest.

Good analogy. Went into Spirit Halloween store today and almost felt embarrassed to be wearing my KISS Alive II shirt with all the unpurchased Kiss Kostumes littering the aisle I was on. I know Gene thinks more is better but overdoing the merch is just... bad. You'd think they would finally see the light. You just know that Paul hates it but has given up. I remember going into Spencers in the late 90's and all the Kiss merch was marked down cause no one was buying (Dynasty Bears, McFarlane figures, etc). It looked like a Kiss Klose-out store. I felt ashamed then and still do now.

Oh well, I'll always have the old records.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dannii , You have great points.

Live To win OR Asshole ????
Asshole wins by a mudslide !!!! More heart . Not following formulas. ETC...

PS78 OR GS78 ?

PS78----Gets the slight nod for staying in CHARACTER !!!!
I give Gene tremendous props for being daring enough to branch out though. At least both Gene albums are consistent as an artistic statement.

GS78 was a the biggest letdown to me as far as abandoning his character. To open the album with such a scary and horrifying chant only to go into a pop groove. OUCH
[youtube][/youtube]

I believe Gene makes statements that put Paul on a pedestal to stroke Paul's fragile ego and keep his cash cow producing milk.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

Yer ok, but here is a Fast fact to consider. (besides Paul writing, cowritting the majority of the singles, smashes and hits)....God of Thunder.....
'Known as Gene Simmons' signature song, this was actually written by band mate Paul Stanley. Stanley had written it as a much more up-tempo number about him being the "God Of Thunder" and Rock and Roll. Bob Ezrin, who produced Destroyer heard it, loved it, and much to Paul Stanley's chagrin, immediately gave it to Gene to sing. On the record, it is much slower, plodding, and menacing.'
Gene couldn't even write a song that would end up being a Signature song for himself. Paul basically hit the nail on the head for Gene.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Almost Human ?

I do see this as being a G.O.T. part 2 and Gene being inspired by G.O.T. to write a character related song.

NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

PinkWiz wrote:
metatron wrote: What do I like? GFH. What would sell more, Crazy Nights. It's like McDonald's. Taste the 'meat paddy'. No taste & therefore it can't really offend anyone. Doesn't make McDonald's the best food, but sure as hell makes them the biggest.

Good analogy. Went into Spirit Halloween store today and almost felt embarrassed to be wearing my KISS Alive II shirt with all the unpurchased Kiss Kostumes littering the aisle I was on. I know Gene thinks more is better but overdoing the merch is just... bad. You'd think they would finally see the light. You just know that Paul hates it but has given up. I remember going into Spencers in the late 90's and all the Kiss merch was marked down cause no one was buying (Dynasty Bears, McFarlane figures, etc). It looked like a Kiss Klose-out store. I felt ashamed then and still do now.

Oh well, I'll always have the old records.
It is hard to have a conversation about KISS musically with non-KISS-fans because the ridiculous merchandising/licensing overshadows everything. And trust me, I am actually a fan that they have merchandise. I love collecting stuff. However, they are supposedly a rock-n-roll band (brand) first. When they make merchandise that is not "rock-n-roll", it paints a picture that they are not "rock-n-roll". For somebody that is such a marketing genius he doesn't seem to have a clue about brand integrity. Seriously, Hello-Kitty? Perfume? Or they put out stuff that is shitty quality. You mention Spencer's in the late 90's and you're right. There was so much cheaply manufactured crap with poor design. I have all the McFarlane action figures because I like action figures, but a lot of them were really crappy designs that didn't align with anything KISS was doing.

And then, the capper was the KISS coffin. That particular piece of merchandise cost KISS fans a lot of ground to promote KISS as a musical entity. These things were/are cheap coffins with bad KISS stickers applied. It's not even like they designed a unique "rock-n-roll" coffin. It's just a cheap, entry-level coffin. It got so much publicity.

And whoever said Paul has given up the fight, I believe you are absolutely right. I've read a few interviews with Paul where he stops just short of saying he doesn't like all the merch. If you read between the lines it's clear that he can't really stop Gene from licensing to ANYONE that approaches him with enough money.

Like I've said and posted in the past, Gene Simmons is NOT a marketing genius. He licenses KISS's brand/TM to manufacturers and he pockets the money whether the item sells, goes into the discount bin or dumped in a landfill.
http://lizardsfromafar.com/2008/10/01/g ... -a-genius/
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE action figures (the Misfits ones were fukn cool). It's just that the over abundance of them takes away the "cool" factor. Hell, my band even has their own Bobbleheads... :D

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

kiss were only cool in the mid 70s as far as i am concerned . but they were still a kick ass band until psycho circus came out and that was basically it.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

PinkWiz wrote:Don't get me wrong, I LOVE action figures (the Misfits ones were fukn cool). It's just that the over abundance of them takes away the "cool" factor. Hell, my band even has their own Bobbleheads... :D

PW, Your bobble heads are cool !!!!

I have The Misfits dolls and had Jerry Only sign his. He asked who it was for and he seemed shocked for some reason that it was for me. When I do ask for an autograph , I always ask to have them personalize it to me. Then they know that I am actually a fan and not a businessman.

A cool note: Jerry was leaving the stage and fell off the 1/2 foot stage onto his face. He bounced back up instantly and proclaimed, "Praise The Lord". I thought it was cool that he didn't hide his beliefs.
A fucked up note: Marky Ramone was playing drums in this version and basically acted like he was a "ROCK STAR" . He made Jerry and Dez stand on stage waiting for him for a good 5-10 minutes. Marky came off like a douche.The show took place at a local bar inside a golf dome.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i used to see the misfits shirts in high school all the time but never actually heard the music apart from unappealing snippets. I like Danzig but not Misfits if the bands are related in anyway.
Bye Bye