Kiss tour opener

Talk about Kiss

Kiss tour opener

Post by 1031 »

Vocals sound really good and the playing excellent it was only a 12 set song list though kinda weak on that point.
Kiss’ July 20, 2012 Bristow, Va. Set List:
1. ‘Detroit Rock City’
2. ‘Shout It Out Loud’
3. ‘I Love It Loud’
4. ‘Love Gun’
5. ‘Firehouse’
6. ‘War Machine’
7. ‘Shock Me’
8. ‘Hell or Hallelujah’
9. ‘God of Thunder’
10. ‘Lick It Up’
11. ‘Black Diamond’
12. ‘Rock and Roll All Nite’
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Iceman75

Re: Kiss tour opener

Post by Iceman75 »

I love that Firebird!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

War machine is a nice addition. I wonder if it was a nod to.the creatures tour which partially festued Crue
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:War machine is a nice addition. I wonder if it was a nod to.the creatures tour which partially festued Crue
Kiss isn't THAT deep. They didn't think that at all . They would have come up with a brand new stage OR used the TANK if that were the case. It has been the same staging for a decade. LOOK CLOSELY. BORING
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

They did mention the creatures tour in the press announcement though. I agree boring set. They need to add some forgotten gems.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

This tour would've been the perfect time to revisit the tank stage... it's the 30th anniversary of Creatures AND they're back on tour with the Crue. Plus it would kinda fit with the upcoming Monster album. I do like the addition of the cat banner on the drum riser again but damn, for the most part it's still the same stale show.

Bring it back!

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think the monster tour will have a better set list but may not be as big as the Crue/kiss your in attendees.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I still can not get over playing lick.it up in make up.
Bye Bye
Iceman75

Post by Iceman75 »

I guess "Modern day Delilah" didn't make the cut.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's a short set. I guess the monster tour maybe more interesting.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I don't have an idea of what I'd change, but I do not dig that setlist at all. I like every song on it, but as I imagine it in my head, it just doesn't seem to flow. Not to mention it's such a short set. What, are we talking a little over an hour concert?
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah both crue and kiss have a short list. i suppose they are kind of trapped into that set. i dont think there is another band on the planet that has as many tunes in the catalog as kiss.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

There shouln't be an opening band for these two bands. That would free up a few minutes. :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

They must get so bored of playing the same tunes over and over.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:They must get so bored of playing the same tunes over and over.
They don't have to .

I have incredible respect for Iron Maiden because of their setlist choices .

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Dino, I used to think the same thing until I started playing them in a Kiss covers band. I was bored with hearing Kiss play Duece, but then I saw why they did, it was so much fun. This is from the lead guitarist perspective.

Add a mega crowd everytime and it makes sense. I was happy just for the small crowds we played to, it's just so much fun to play Kiss songs. I can't believe I used to know four sets worth.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

poserboy71 wrote:.

Effin aye!

DT has the most varied set list I can recall, they change for nearly every show. And their music is soooo easy to play too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

poserboy71 wrote:
doublev2 wrote:They must get so bored of playing the same tunes over and over.
They don't have to .

Seen Maiden last friday , not my favourite set list from them but, have to agree it's better then hearing the same songs over & over again like for a decade ! lol Maiden was expensive though, glad to see Kiss is helping the economy by lowering ticket prices. Maiden didnt sale out here ( winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada ) hope the guys from Maiden figure that one out !
erg2

Post by erg2 »

It's probably a hard choice. Play the classics that EVERYBODY knows regardless of whether or not they are fans versus playing songs they like or the hardcore fans love versus playing songs from the new album.

For the price of the KISS concert, they SHOULD be playing a longer set. (1.5 hours for KISS, 1.5 hours for Motley.) They SHOULD have an authentic NEW stage show, but it will be the same as last tour with possibly more video-screens and more pyro. They SHOULD pick at least 1 obscure song for the true die-hard fans...but they never will.

At least they sort-of designed new costumes for this tour, as terrible as they are.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i believe the monster tour will have a new set and much longer set from what they say
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

doublev2 wrote:i believe the monster tour will have a new set and much longer set from what they say
Yeah...a new set just like the last 2 "new sets". Incredibly similar, but just a little bigger with more video screeens.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Haha. I am not a huge fan of the screens anyway.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Yeah. How about something like the tank?
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie puts the ank in tank!!!
eddiepagechicago

Post by eddiepagechicago »

When are you guys gonna realize that Gene and Paul could care less about what any fan wants or thinks.

They want your cash for their future, their children's and wives / ex-wives future and grand children's future. Which I don't begrudge, I am all for Capitalism...just want you to know that not a single damn choice is made based on what any Kiss fan wants.

The Kiss Organization has been dishing out fuckin' bullshit music and product for years and you guys keep dishing out the cash for it.

This new Kiss song, which I heard on SirrusXm-Hair Nation...is absolutely pathetic!!!!
SUX FUCKIN' DONKEY BALLZ.

I've heard 14 years write and play more convincing rock 'n roll. But, hey how can you really write good songs when you're too busy thinking about the millions you're gonna milk out of mindless fans?

Really makes me miss the COTN / LIU era immensely!!!!
Rise All Creatures...Hail To The Beast...
Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We all miss that era, but unfortunately it's ain't coming back.

Vinnie has had all the time in the world to bring back that awesome writing of his but he has not delivered, which also sucks donkey's balls. BIG TIME!!!!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Jeff the guys are old. Can not expect too much . To be honest they need some poor concert and album sales to pull their fingers out of their asses just like creatures era. They work their asses off for that cash by the way, yes its fun work but still.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

And Eddie abuses everyone again???????
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Eddie is just annoyed that we would give Gene and Paul our money but the fact is Vinnie has no legitimate, fair priced products for people to buy.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Eddie has good points. His method of sharing them needs some work. I like his passion though.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Passion is good, but he's preaching to the converted, just some of us are ok with giving Kiss money for the product they put out.

I especially want to take my daughter to a show. Doubtful my son will get to see them.

Of course a Vinnie show and album would be better.

Or would it? If he releases nothing we'll never know.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

KISS sings emotionless, "hell yeah, raise your hands" garbage and I am not spending a fucking penny on it. KISS wants to remind you, sheep, this is a social issue. Vinnie screws up and Ace used drugs. Passionate guitar players are not saints. Maybe they are wild, weird, outrageous. None will ever be CEOs, prim and proper, or well behaved as society expects out of each baby born in this heartless world.. Perhaps they bow to no King of the band. Perhaps their vision means more than kissing Gene and Paul ass, even it destroys them. That is rock and roll, people. Rock and roll is rebellious, it is spirited. If Gene Simmons and all his pop queen blowhard friends pretending to be real singers think music is the almighty dollar. Bill Hicks knew more about rock than Donna Summer or Lady Gaga combined:

Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

shramiac wrote:And Eddie abuses everyone again???????
I don't feel abused. As far as I'm concerned, abuse is getting clocked upside the head. Not warned about buying garbage.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Nearly everybody then!! :lol:

P.S. I haven't bought a KISS album or vid since Carnival!
erg2

Post by erg2 »

If Eddie is talking about the members of this forum not understanding the true motivations of Gene & Paul, then he obviously is quite impressed by his own intelligence and savviness. To MY recollection, all the regulars here have taken part in posts discussing this topic and none here appear to be sheep. I do not think a forum like this would appeal to that group.

Once again, people saying HELL OR HALLELUJAH sucks, is shit, that 14 year olds can do better, etc are using hyperbole. It's not a train-wreck. It's just OK. Not fantastic, not garbage. KISS have written some awful songs. HOH is not one of them. I read a lot of reviews like this for SONIC BOOM. That was an OK album. Not great.

I will absolutely buy MONSTER whenever it finally gets released. Not because I am a sheep or because I'm thinking delusionally that this album will be in a class with their top works. I'll buy it because I am a lifelong KISS fan which brings some level of compulsion, because I'm sure I will honestly like at least a couple of the songs and because I'm interested in how their music will progress...even with this underwhelming configuration of players.

I've written lengthy posts similar to this one discussing my feelings on the current line-up. I think they should've finished their career with the reunion line-up. The originals working at 70% are more fulfilling than the current line-up at 100%. Sure Peter and Ace can't play the songs precisely like the scabs, but what they CAN still do is play authentically and with genuineness. I would take that over the "precision of Singer/Thayer". And I think the lo-fi, group effort, tape recording process would've suited Ace & Peter well.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

If you aren't a KISS sheep, then don't sweat it.When people get offended, they block out the truth. There are members that block the truth. As KISS fans, you've got to make KISS care about the musicianship. Not give the mediocrity a break. Ace doesn't even take KISS seriously anymore. If you saw the endless merchandising as a kid, without hearing the music you'll know what I mean. I was on the outside looking in. There was no sentimental value to KISS lunchboxes, pinball machines, dolls, and yoyos. No other band was actually greedy enough to appeal to little kids. The children that never heard their music, didn't care. Adults that never heard their music, didn't take KISS seriously. If you want to know why Ace and Peter got fed up, and felt the integrity was gone. It was gone, before Vinnie even entered the picture. It isn't Eddie that has treated you like sheep since childhood, it is Gene. Gene has tried to turn you into consumers that buy anything with a KISS logo on it, or the make up you remember from youth. It wasn't until I was a teenager that I even heard KISS. I played the Ace Frehley solo album for my dad, and he became a fan. The two great guitar players, Vinnie and Ace, gave KISS heart. No matter how you feel about Vinnie, as a person, you should demand it. Nothing will attract Ace. He's a millionaire, and he doesn't give a fuck. Vinnie's royalties are a drop in the bucket for Gene. Vinnie wouldn't go anywhere at his age. You are the consumers. The fans. He who opens the wallet, calls the shots. Not the other way around. But if you don't want those smoking guitar solos back....
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Why would gene pay vv something vv is not owed? Drop in the pan or not. Lawyers fees were more than what vv is owed with combined cases but gene has insurance .
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I'm not sure I understand the point KMA is trying to make. I am not trying to start an argument or say you are wrong...I'm just asking what your point is so that I can continue this discussion. (It's one of the things I enjoy discussing. Should KISS continue on or not? Should KISS stop the merchandising?)

I think you are saying "If you don't like it, don't buy it" or "if we all stop supporting this mediocre scab version of the band of KISS, Paul & Gene will cave in and put together the originals". But I could also read it to mean that you are calling me a sheep.

My point from above summarized:
•An inflammatory comment like Eddie's that HOH sucks is made merely to incite and that the review of the song should not be black-or-white. There are shades of gray.
• I think the song is listenable but not great and not having the same opinion as Eddie that it sucks does not make me a sheep.
• Finally, while I am not happy with the current KISS line-up I am still a fan of KISS and I enjoy examining the ups and downs of their professional career AND their creative output.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

erg2 wrote: •... I am still a fan of KISS and I enjoy examining the ups and downs of their professional career AND their creative output.
This is where I am at.

Watching Paul go through this voice shit is like the day you realize you can actually kick your Dad's ass.
When you realize your superheroes are HUMAN. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

poserboy71 wrote:
erg2 wrote: •... I am still a fan of KISS and I enjoy examining the ups and downs of their professional career AND their creative output.
This is where I am at.

Watching Paul go through this voice shit is like the day you realize you can actually kick your Dad's ass.
When you realize your superheroes are HUMAN. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Exactly. The enjoyment and escape that KISS's music provided to me growing up and even as an adult is huge. It would be great if they called me up to consult me on every professional move they make, but that's never going to happen. So I get to sit back and "armchair quarterback" every move they make.

I wish Gene hadn't succumbed to his greed, or probably more accurately, that the balance of power wouldn't have shifted to him so that his greed overshadowed the artistic accomplishments of the band. I still think that the original concept of KISS is unique and magical. I still think that the original 4 with minimized capacity is more compelling than 2 originals and studio players.

Does the marketing and merchandising negatively impact the art? I think so.
Does putting new people in the original character trappings negatively impact the character? I think so.
Does continuing on when the capacity is diminished negatively impact the legacy? I think so.

All that negativity and I still want to examine the artistic merit of HELL OR HALLELUJA. I think it's because I must feel somewhere down deep that as much tarnish as Paul & Gene's actions have put on KISS, that they haven't degraded the band far enough to overshadow the impact of 1973-1993...yet.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
eddiepagechicago

Most of you won't understand what KMA or myself state in this forum...because you are too busy handing over your hard-earned money to genie and paulie.

Oh, but I'm sure the stage show is so new and exciting...I'm certain dialog to the fans at a concert has changed immensely..."Let me hear ya...(growling genie voice)"

VINNIE never has to write another song or put out a piece of music ever again...because gene and paul will never, AND I MEAN NEVER, be able to top what Vinnie has done writing/playing wise. This is the root of the entire conflict from the beginning between these three guys...

--Vinnie is a natural talent - gene and paul are mediocre musicians at best.

--gene exploited Vinnie's writing talent - paul had his testicles handed to him when Vinnie joined the band.

--paul, at first, hated the song 'Lick It Up' (which Vinnie wrote when he was in high-school mind you) then he jumped all over it after he made his own little pissant changes.

I could go on and on but I won't because, most of you guys think that 'hell or hallelujah' is a gem. Personally, I think that you should get your head examined if you do.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Eddie . How can you talk about vv in the present? Vinnie did not write all of liu in high school and vv must not have liked the tune either as he never used it until the lick it up album.
I am sorry but as good as viinie WAS kiss write some amazing tunes before he joined without vv.
I don't think vv's writing on treasure was brilliant and Paul, gene, ace and even peter were writing better tunes than what vv wrote at tge same time he was writing treasure.
Gene and Paul.are still going, working hard and giving pleasure to millions. Maybe its not as good as it once was byt its good and much better thsn vv lying , ripping off doing nothing.
Vv is owing kiss his royalties because not once. Twice, three times but many more times different judges rulled that asking for more cash from being in kiss from 1983 and 84 is a dumb thing to sue over and everyone knows it spart from vv. Eddie have you thought about suing the company you first worked for 20 years ago because you didn't think it was enough money? The royalties are not an issue with kiss but with bmi and the label etc.
Vinnies talent alone is not enough to sue kiss and its been proven in court he ripped off at least one other song writer.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

If vv was so good in high school why didn't he do anything in his 20s? He never was able to start a band in the 70s like kiss and for a session musician of talent like him he played on remarkably little records until his early 30s. Vinnie was a full blown not hugely successful session musician until kiss gave him a huge helping hand.
I lived vv in the 80s but I am just saying that he didn't save kiss Eddie and i would argue vv's solos on creatures are not better than the others and the exciter solo is most fans favorite from liu which he didnt play.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, it is crap but I LOVE the Exciter solo and was crushed when I found out Vinnie didn't play that. For years I imagined him doing that solo in the studio.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

eddiepagechicago wrote: I could go on and on but I won't because, most of you guys think that 'hell or hallelujah' is a gem. Personally, I think that you should get your head examined if you do.
Aaaaaahhhh, I think pretty much everyone has said it's a mediocre song Edward! Read before spewing dude! 8) 8) 8)
eddiepagechicago

NO, what you guys need to do is call a spade a spade...it sux ass. It's a piece of shit dude.

Not spewing, you guys are the one's who spew anytime I say anything against your butt buddies genie and paulie.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

its better than what vinnie put out this year.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I'll say it again. Eddie is posting what he is posting as a way to get us arguing. There are many different reasons people do this and I really don't care what his reasons are. I want to have engaging discussions on the musical progression (or lack of, if that is how you truly feel) of KISS and other ex-KISS members like Ace or Vinnie. Someone spewing out "it sux ass" is not engaging. It's a way to elicit a guaranteed response.

Now, if Eddie provided some kind of intelligent, cogent critique of the song's suckage this whole thing would be different. The truth is he is just saying it sucks to either be contrary, to get people to argue or to make himself feel he is superior.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Eddie, PM sent.

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

love and hate eddie but i think he's cool with that.
Bye Bye