Kiss Sao Paulo 6-26-1983

Talk about Kiss
poserboy71

Kiss Sao Paulo 6-26-1983

Post by poserboy71 »

Kiss Sao Paulo 6-26-1983

[youtube][/youtube]

I still love what I perceive to be Vinnie telling Gene to fuck off then giving the crowd a thumbs up as if there is no altercation.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Re: Kiss Sao Paulo 6-26-1983

Post by erg2 »

Eric Carr was amazing. You always hear about how good he was, but he rarely gets mentioned when people talk "best drummers". He doesn't get the accolades he deserves.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

poserboy71 wrote:
I still love what I perceive to be Vinnie telling Gene to fuck off then giving the crowd a thumbs up as if there is no altercation.
I think Gene is either asking Vinnie if he farted or Gene is telling him to go back to the other side of the stage? Gene does kinda kick Bruce's foot (like "move over") at the 3:00 mark in the vid below... so maybe he's doing the same to Vinnie in the vid above. Guess his ego needs more room:
[youtube][/youtube]
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I never noticed that Gene had to wait for the platform to descend a bit before ducking under a beam to stand in the middle .(3:52 mark) :shock: 8)

NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Haha yes he does duck. When I was 13 I thought Eric was mad (2:49 mark) cause the other three got to go up and ride the platforn while he was stuck at the drums... the look on his face had my brother and I convinced! :evil: :lol:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks for posting this!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
erg2

Post by erg2 »

PinkWiz wrote:Haha yes he does duck. When I was 13 I thought Eric was mad (2:49 mark) cause the other three got to go up and ride the platforn while he was stuck at the drums... the look on his face had my brother and I convinced! :evil: :lol:
If you believe the stories, Eric Carr WAS jealous and longed to be out front and not stuck behind the drums.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

totally dig Bruce's black diamnond solo around 2.50 mark on the animalize tour.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

got to say the animalize tour was great. Of course LIU tour as well.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I still wish that KISS would release one of the Mark St John concerts they have on video. YES, we know that Mark was not playing that well. YES, we know it makes KISS look a little less "professional". But everyone in the KISS Army has a little bit of love for MSJ and want to see him get his moment...even posthumously.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I feel Bruce started out really good in 84 and 85 abd gradually got worse each record. Not sure what happened.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I really like Bruce's AUTHENTIC/DRY lead sound on the Animalize tour.
The tours after that , his sound was too affected with effects. :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

erg2 wrote:I still wish that KISS would release one of the Mark St John concerts they have on video. YES, we know that Mark was not playing that well. YES, we know it makes KISS look a little less "professional". But everyone in the KISS Army has a little bit of love for MSJ and want to see him get his moment...even posthumously.
I've always thought it's be so cool if they had one of the shows St. John played... i think it was a full show in Baltimore?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah, the effects killed him. As for St John would be nice for kiss die hards but i am not so sure those are the kiss target audience
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I agree that Bruce started out with a more unique sound and style and eventually had a more generic sound. I blame that more on Paul and Gene as they were shooting for a more "middle of the road", radio friendly sound. They wanted a lead guitarist that evoked the idea of metal while still being "in the background". I think a more pronounced lead guitarists would've brought life to a few of the more mundane late 80s KISS songs.
(Personally, I think Bruce is one of the most skilled rock guitarists alive. The guy can play almost anything in almost any style. What he lacks is a unique "voice" or "style".)

Gene always says that 'even from the beginning they recorded every show'. I would imagine as they are/were breaking in a new guitarist that they would use video as a tool to show him what he is doing right and wrong on stage during a live show. So between those 2 things I would expect that they have SOMETHING on video of Mark St John...so why not throw the hardcore fans a bone and let us have it?
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

erg2 wrote: Gene always says that 'even from the beginning they recorded every show'. I would imagine as they are/were breaking in a new guitarist that they would use video as a tool to show him what he is doing right and wrong on stage during a live show. So between those 2 things I would expect that they have SOMETHING on video of Mark St John...so why not throw the hardcore fans a bone and let us have it?
Yes a live show with St. John or even one of the half shows with Mark/Bruce would've been a cool Easter egg on Kissology.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

When I'm looking this old stuff, KISS had a lot of energy and power. Today when I see my old heroes it's like old men are doing music from the past :mrgreen:
Wolfi
erg2

Post by erg2 »

wolfgang161272 wrote:When I'm looking this old stuff, KISS had a lot of energy and power. Today when I see my old heroes it's like old men are doing music from the past :mrgreen:
Wolfi
I know exactly what you mean, Wolfi. If you look at the concert videos from the first 3-4 years of KISS, there's a reason these guys were getting so much attention from their live shows. All 4 of them as a unit were incredible and playing like their lives depended on it. I've always said Peter's "hard rock" drumming was more adrenaline than skill. (Although the basic skill was indeed there, just not the hard rock chops.)

To watch the band now, lumbering through the set, playing songs at such a slower tempo is an insult to what the original 4 were all about. YES, the current stage show is HUGE. However, you may be able to distract the casual fan and posers from how far off the playing and performing has gotten with more stage, more video screens, and more pyrotechnics...but not me.

Also, to hear Paul and/or Gene talk about how they are still performing at peak levels is ludicrous. (Although, I've heard rumor that Gene has recently begun saying that they might not go on much after this MONSTER tour and album...finally bring out the "new" KISS they've talked about so much.)
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Just to prove how much I have no interest in seeing Kiss and the Crue lumber thru their sets in Charlotte NC tonight, the wife and I decided to go see Chicago and the Doobie Bros. lumber thru theirs in Boone NC instead.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Plus the Doobies and Chicago tix were free... 8)