Monster album and tour

Talk about Kiss
FREDDYB3

Monster album and tour

Post by FREDDYB3 »

If anyone is interested.... Kiss' tour with Motley Crue kicks off on Sunday the 17th (yes Father's Day)
at a place called "Jiffy Lube Live" in Bristow, Virginia. Which is about an hour south of me. It's a outdoor
pavillion type venue with both cover seating and a lawn general admission area. Looks like the new record "Monster" maybe released on Tuesday the 19th of June, along with the Monster book. Sorry if this info has been posted elsewhere on this site.
FREDDYB3

Re: Monster album and tour

Post by FREDDYB3 »

also supposed to be a 10 hour DVD released, as well as a repackaged, re-mastered version of "Destroyer"
with the original "record company banned" artwork and unreleased bonus tracks.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Monster album and tour

Post by Genebaby »

Not heard this news yet, thanks. Good the album is out soon with the tour underway.

Is the book seriously going to be massive? That's what I saw anyway.

Looking forward to the album, tour and DVD's.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Hi Vic, details of the books size an weigh in an article on KISSONLINE.COM .
202 pages from what it says .
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

the details on the books size from kissonline "The book will be 70x100 cm, 202 pages and more then kg35 of weight!! " The story is on the front page, but down a bit..... dated June 11th
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

haha 'jiffy lube live', marketing gone too far but its funny.
Freddy, are you going to the Crue gig? Interesting about Destroyer. I wonder what the songs are? I hope its not a re-recorded version.
I do respect Kiss for using reel to reel still. I just wish they would have two other members who could write some killer unexpected tunes. For me Kiss are 4 mini bands (like the beatles). Each member should be able to make a killer solo album but I doubt that with Tommy at least.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Imagine back in '82/'83, the Creatures/LIU lineup would've had four killer solo albums!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

PinkWiz wrote:Imagine back in '82/'83, the Creatures/LIU lineup would've had four killer solo albums!
EXACTLY
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

taken from KISSonline:

** The hottest band in the world… are back in the UK! **
** With their new album Monster out in October **
** New single to be released July 2nd **
** Monster Book to be launched July 2nd **
** Special show at The Forum in London for Help for Heroes on Independence Day, Wednesday 4th July **
Genebaby
Site Admin

Monster album and tour

Post by Genebaby »

October!!!????? Noooooo!

Even Vinnie could put something out by then. ;)
Commander in chief - VVF Army
FREDDYB3

Post by FREDDYB3 »

Not planning on going at the moment, but something could pop up at the last minute. The venue used to be called Nissan Pavilion. One of their previous official DVD releases was shot there.....
Can't remember which one off of the top of my head ? Rock the Nation Live, maybe ?

October ??? Wow, guess my info was incorrect ? I wonder if there is some confusion from last years release date that got pushed back ? All indications were that it would be out spring/early summer of 2012. Why would they tour for 4 month's before releasing the record ? Makes no sense to me.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

From what I.saw the Crue tour is a shorter set and not the monster tour. The monster tour will be after the Crue shows
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

poserboy71 wrote:
PinkWiz wrote:Imagine back in '82/'83, the Creatures/LIU lineup would've had four killer solo albums!

All 'CO-WRITTEN' by Vinnie Vincent
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

:)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Solo Albums part 2 released on the same day in April '83.
Songwriting on Vinnie's, Gene's and Paul's by Vincent Cusano.
(© Simmons/Stanley)
Songwriting On Eric's by Paul Caravello, Vincent Cusano, Adam Mitchell, Bryan Adams.
(© Simmons/Stanley)

Image Image

Image Image
Qpr68

Post by Qpr68 »

Got my tickets for the secrete gig night in London via kiss army pre release code
Tickets are on eBay and prices are unreal someone wants £995.00 for two tickets and plenty have been bought at £250 each
Can't wait to hear the new single reports of the new album seem to be very good
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

metatron wrote:
poserboy71 wrote:

All 'CO-WRITTEN' by Vinnie Vincent
Imagine if Vinnie recorded more Warrior albums. Vinnie was really onto a good sound. Better than the Invasion albums. IMHO, Warrior could've sold more. The raw sound suits Vinnie more than the glam speed power ballads. The techniques he developed out of his roots sound better in the rough....and Vinnie's voice is good too...I've probably ranted about this before. Big Warrior fan.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

KissMyAss wrote: Imagine if Vinnie recorded more Warrior albums. Vinnie was really onto a good sound. Better than the Invasion albums. IMHO, Warrior could've sold more. The raw sound suits Vinnie more than the glam speed power ballads. The techniques he developed out of his roots sound better in the rough....and Vinnie's voice is good too...I've probably ranted about this before. Big Warrior fan. [/size]
You are spot on! I love the Warrior demos even more than the finished products in the Invasion (took me awhile to admit that since I grew up with VV Invasion). Vinnie's voice to me suits his material... gritty and natural with a bit of range.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I think the Warrior "sound" was on decline by the mid-80's commercially. They just would've missed the boat I think. Not that it's a bad sound, just that the tide was turning.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen