I GAVE YOU THE BEST F**K YOU EVER HAD?

Talk about Kiss
PinkWiz

I GAVE YOU THE BEST F**K YOU EVER HAD?

Post by PinkWiz »

@ 0:40, I just realised it sounds like he's saying "fuck" instead of "love"... the lyrics in the album do say "love" but damn, that sounds like Paul snuck in "fuck!" :twisted:

Still hands down my fave KISS track. Vinnie's solo = goosebumps. Love that little bit of feedback @ 2:18 before his solo.

[youtube][/youtube]
shramiac

Re: I GAVE YOU THE BEST F**K YOU EVER HAD?

Post by shramiac »

Hmmmm.....maybe!!! :)
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's a mystery why this was never played live or released as a single. It has to be that gene doesnt like it but just guessing.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I just about bet that if Vinnie would've worked out then the next single after All Hell's Breakin' Loose would've been this song.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

A MIllion To One is a Masterpiece and it is my personal favorite song of Vinnie's & the LIU album...this song should been realeased as a single and would have gotten some serious air-time !!! This song was penned by Vinnie in a certain location in Bridgeport, and then brought to KISS for a demo ... Mr. Stanley felt he needed 50 % of the co-writing credit on the song, for his help in adding the " A " in the songs title !!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Hah! Most likely too true Ed! Too true.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Again that's kiss. You do it or don't but if you do it just be happy . No one forced vv to give his songs. They got a big platform they nay not have had with Alcatraz or what they were called with vinnie.
Ed . How was this written in CT? Wasn't vv living in los Angeles back then?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

To be honest I believe this song was co.written. I heard a version with scat singing on it from some Liu sessions. Ed if you know different please let me know.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

At least vv got 50% of the credit unlike rik fox on let freedom rock. Ouch.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I can tell you let freedom rock is not the first either.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I believe Paul had alot to do with A Million To One. It sounds similar to Magic Touch, Nowhere To Run, Love Gun... same chord progressions, lyric style and phrasing. Vinnie probably helped flesh it out and added some lyrics, added the solo, etc.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

While on a break from the COTN tour, Vinnie came back to Bridgeport to visit his Parents...this song was penned in the basement of his parents house...I was personally told this by Vinnie and I have no doubt's about it's thruth. I think Paul & Gene may have had some advice or limited input into it ...but I do believe that this song has Vinnie's name all over it....
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Thanks ed. I will find the version with pauls scat singing , but yeah could be all vinnies music but I woukdnt.always believe what v says either.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I'll go out on a limb and agree with Ed here. I believe that Vinnie wrote MOST of the music ad lyrics to those "CO-WRITTEN" songs.

I look no further than how Gene treated Bryan Adams . Since Paul is Gene's bitch in a lot of ways...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yes I agree especially with gene. Some of vv's old friends said lick it up was written years before he joined kiss. Bryan Adams confirmed that with his tune. The thing is I have yet to hear vv demos of kiss songs prior to him joining . I do believe I still love you was written 50/50.
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

It's just so fukn odd that we all know Vinnie lurks here... why not just come here and tell his side of the story? Makes no sense, if there was a board opened in my honor with people discussing what I did and didn't do, I would feel the need to chime in and make friends with the people who are even still interested in shit that I did 30 years ago.

Ok, I sound like a fukn broken record... next.
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

His side of the story? Why not admit to making mistakes? Nobody appreciates that...so it's the ultimate act of honesty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I am.sorry to.say his side of the story is always in vinnies favor. Vinnie.will.say he wrote it , its pretty easy to.predict.
In regard to mistakes he did actually back in the 80s like saying when vvi first came out that he had grown up since he left kiss and he said he did make mistakes in the issues he had with kiss (now he doesn't admit that).
BUT if he said sorry and admitted he handled the boxset, kiss , vvi , guitars, forum and all other jerky things he did to.fans badly then I.believe things would instantly get better for him, but he chooses to have enemies and fights and because of that he never gets out of the deep hole he is digging for himself.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnies side of the story. He is right , everyone else is wrong.
Or wasn't my fault, it was this guys fault or I did it all and they just ripped me off.
What I did was the best , what they did was trash.
If you have one , I have three but then you took them away.

It's easy to predict plus he thinks he is better than us so you start on an uneven footing if he starts replying to posts.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

Who's always right? If he started replying to posts, it would help me a lot. I have questions about the box set. Prepaid orders are supposed to be "future payment of assets". The payment goes into a liability account and only becomes an asset upon delivery of the product. To avoid these kind of disasters. He still owes customers a product. Otherwise he should return their money. It's his responsibility whether the problem was by accident or not.

As for the forum. He is a musician. Musicians need fans. There are no deserving or undeserving fans. :lol: :lol: :lol: I have a soft spot for INFPs. He could get on my good side quickly, if he started posting here. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by KissMyAss on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live life as though it is the third law; "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Rules apply whether we are cognizant of them or oblivious.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

KissMyAss wrote:Who's always right? If he started replying to posts, it would help me a lot. I have questions about the box set. Prepaid orders are supposed to be "future payment of assets". The payment goes into a liability account and only becomes an asset upon delivery of the product. To avoid these kind of disasters. He still owes customers a product. Otherwise he should return their money. It's his responsibility whether the problem was by accident or not.

As for the forum. He is a musician. Musicians need fans. There are no deserving or undeserving fans. :lol: :lol: :lol: A fan is someone who supports you by joining your forums, buying your albums, and spreading the word about you on the internet. Your mommy is someone who holds your hand and gives you emotional support. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fans could,but it doesn't make you a fan. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KMA,
That was really a spot on, accurate and great post!

Enough said - Well done girl!

Kev
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I think both sets of Vinnie's cheeks have been thoroughly smacked by KMA.
Care to respond, Vinnie ?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

he did mention on the leaked dv board stuff that he blammed kiss for the boxset. I am certain they didn't stop it and if he is saying he blames them because he ran out of money is also incorrect because he was obviously taking pre-orders to pay for the boxset to be made. Either way it wasn't kiss like he was suggesting.
Bye Bye
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

poserboy71 wrote:I think both sets of Vinnie's cheeks have been thoroughly smacked by KMA.
Care to respond, Vinnie ?
Do you think he's naughty enough? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
imagesCA4W0OPP.jpg
imagesCA4W0OPP.jpg (4.66 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
KissMyAss

Post by KissMyAss »

doublev2 wrote:he did mention on the leaked dv board stuff that he blammed kiss for the boxset. I am certain they didn't stop it and if he is saying he blames them because he ran out of money is also incorrect because he was obviously taking pre-orders to pay for the boxset to be made. Either way it wasn't kiss like he was suggesting.

Well, predicting the cost to complete a job and deciding the price and whether to pursue production should come before scheduling production. I can see this project was taken on with absolutely no knowledge of order costing. KISS is not to blame. Managerial decisions are a step-by-step process. Vinnie missed a couple of important steps in taking orders. He should've found a way to finance production costs. Perhaps going into the project with Les Kero? Doing club gigs? Now, he's reading this---he has a chance to use this information to admit to his mistakes. If he wants to. It's okay. Not everyone is a wiz at business. He's a wiz at the guitar. He ought to focus on that. Gene has a natural knack for marketing, but uh...he's an ENTJ. High organizational thinking (Te) function.Pretty standard CEO personality type :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: BTW, ENTJs and introverted perceivers I_ _P are not complementary personality types. Oil and water. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So maybe Vinnie shouldn't mess with Gene. He's the alpha personality, the top dog. He'll always win whether Vinnie thinks it's fair or not.

Maybe this personality function stuff seems obsessive. People use personality functions to place people on a team. What I'm trying to tell Vinnie: Don't mess with Gene, don't try to be something you are not, don't dwell on whether it's fair or not, just pursue your strengths. Creating, writing, music....