Monster - The Album

Talk about Kiss
Genebaby
Site Admin

Monster - The Album

Post by Genebaby »

Jeff is making things difficult again. Nowhere did I say that the Killers song rivaled songs from COTN, just that I enjoy them, a lot.

They are also not left overs from Unmasked , he was just using that as a way to say he thinks they are crap, like he thinks Unmasked is crap.

There are demos of the songs being worked on before The Elder, I heard them once, it wasn't the Killers stuff.

Killers was a great start to working with Michael James Jackson. I wish they would use him again.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
erg2

Re: Monster - The Album

Post by erg2 »

I really liked the 4 new songs on KILLERS. They are not the best KISS songs ever, but they have nice hooks, good sound recording and (kind of like Sonic Boom) felt like a great interim step toward getting back on the right path.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Vic,
Here is an example of the demos that was being worked on for the album that never happened because they moved to the concept album "The Elder" - "Deadly Weapons"

[youtube][/youtube]
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

erg2 wrote:I've always read that the 4 songs on KILLERS were material being worked on for the "original" follow up to THE ELDER, which was supposed to be a harder/heavier album like CREATURES OF THE NIGHT. Then Ezrin was brought in and he convinced them that they should do a concept album so they put those songs on the shelf.

However, I've also read that at least a couple of those songs were written for THE ELDER but didn't make the cut.

One thing I had never heard was that they were leftover from UNMASKED.

That period of KISS was so chaotic and so convoluted that I doubt even Gene or Paul could give anyone an accurate account of what was done and when. They can barely tell who played what instrument on official album cuts. So who knows.
I said they sound like left overs from Unmasked, whether they were written afterwords is a- relative . Im not a Bob Kulick fan and don't care for his crappy contributions to Kiss. The fact that Bob has dissed Ace & Vinnie in interviews puzzles me, cuz anything he wrote for Kiss was never a hit. Killers sucked and so does his shit songs on Alive 2.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Monster - The Album

Post by Genebaby »

Kev, yes, that's one of the songs I heard. I probably have it on a tape somewhere. It wasn't in the box set was it? The one from Kiss that was actually released to fans I mean, lol.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Haven't heard that one before. Nice version. Anton or Eric on drums?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

shramiac wrote:Haven't heard that one before. Nice version. Anton or Eric on drums?

Eric :-)
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote:Kev, yes, that's one of the songs I heard. I probably have it on a tape somewhere. It wasn't in the box set was it? The one from Kiss that was actually released to fans I mean, lol.

Correct it was not in the boxset!

I must say that I really like "Larger Than Life", "All American Man", "Tonight You Belong To Me", "Take Me Away (Together As One)", "Love In Chains" and "Danger" but then again EVERYBODY knows that I have no taste :-) LMFAO!

Go Bob Kulick even though you apparently suck LMFAO

[youtube][/youtube]
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I have heard that Deadly Weapons before...might have it on some demos bootleg. I like it better than the version that ended up on Asylum.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I bet tommy was behind the cover. It appears that tommy is also the kiss manager.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Was really hoping for something more than this.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

no really reference to 'monsters' either. Not really sure what they were thinking. Tommy looks like he is in another band.

oops syntax error
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I guess it was a rumor that proved to be untrue, but I heard that they were going to do a painting like the covers of DESTROYER & LOVE GUN for the cover of MONSTER. This, however, looks like the quick-release second single cover-artwork. You know, when they don't expect a band to have second single but the first does better than anticipated so they rush something out? That's what this looks like. BUT IT'S THE COVER OF THE ENTIRE ALBUM!!

fail
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah it looks quick. maybe its a bluff. I heard a Destroyer tape cover too. I am sorry but I would not let Tommy be in charge of creative, i think the cover of the big book looks bad also.
Bye Bye