Eddie Trunk

Talk about Kiss
metatron

Eddie Trunk

Post by metatron »

Eddie Trunk from VH1's 'That Metal Show' seemed to have know Eric Carr very well. And hug out with him during the LIU era. Wonder if he's got any cool VV stories.

Maybe someone here has some contact details to Eddie Trunk.

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Re: Eddie Trunk

Post by doublev2 »

Drew knows him.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I have an interesting Eddie Trunk story.

Back in the earlier days of the "modern" internet, I was in hog heaven. I was able to learn a ton about KISS, Vinnie and find all kinds of non-retail merch related to the band. This was about the time I got ripped off by Vinnie for the box set. I also got stiffed by a few other people selling KISS bootlegs. (They either never came or showed up in extremely poor quality.)

One of the things I found was a long-form recorded interview with Eric Carr by some guy named Eddie Trunk. I am originally from a small town in Illinois and now live in Chicago...so I had NO idea who Eddie Trunk was. It was clear he was a radio DJ from New York, but I didn't realize how well known he was in the metal scene and his history with Ace and KISS.

So I found this website selling this Eddie Trunk interview with Eric Carr with special packaging and extras. I ordered 2 copies. (One to save and one to listen to.)

As I mentioned above, at this point I had been ripped off about a half-dozen times buying things online. I waited for several weeks and the things never showed up. I sent an email to this Eddie Trunk asking what was going on. I didn't get a reply of any kind. I waited a week and followed up with a stern email demanding either the product I paid for or my money back.

Eddie personally fired back with a tirade about how one of his parents had recently died, he'd been out of town, there was a problem with the manufacturing, he'd been busy at work and reprimanding me for being so inconsiderate and self centered. How this project was a labor of love and that Eric's family was going to be getting a share of the proceeds. How I needed to back off and be patient.

I responded, saying that I was sorry about his parent passing away (can't remember if it was mother or father) and explained how I had been ripped off so many times lately. I wanted an answer.

He responded with another, shorter angry email explaining that he wasn't going to rip me off and that I'd get my interview.

Long story, but that is how I first heard of Eddie Trunk. He came across as a real hot-headed asshole IMO. I must add that I DID get my interview. It was somewhat disappointing as it was little more than an extended radio interview. But I DID get them both.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

cool. I have emailed Eddie a few times in the past 10 years and he seemed pretty nice but thanks for the info.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Clearly I caught him during a rough patch in his life, but if you're going to "sell" you need to be professional.

I liked his show on XM...when I had XM. I like THAT METAL SHOW. So clearly I don't hold any kind of grudge.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

lets face it, radio dj's are not going to be saints.
Bye Bye
ArtGriego

Post by ArtGriego »

Eddie Trunk was a jerk at the Expo UNLESS you were a paying fan.

I know a guy who wanted to ask a "Stump the Trunk" question on That Metal Show and was told his question was too difficult.

So, I would say Eddie Trunk is a complete asshole.
HarkStJohn

Post by HarkStJohn »

richiehaha

Post by richiehaha »

HarkStJohn wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:36 am
So Paul's voice has been in decline since at least a little before Sonic Boom - so over 3 years. Has anyone heard him sing live recently, like in the past month or so? I'm just wondering how much worse his voice has gotten. Think about the ego on this guy...In my opinion, a top 5 vocalist in rock -n- roll history....and hasn't been able to come to terms that he's done. But he'd be the first to spout off how someone else is done. Lost a lot of respect for someone that I idolized at one time.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's been over 8 years that his voice is gone.

I think he's had surgery in that time, but he is done.

Only he won't admit it, the rest of us know.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
richiehaha

Post by richiehaha »

Genebaby wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:19 am It's been over 8 years that his voice is gone.

I think he's had surgery in that time, but he is done.

Only he won't admit it, the rest of us know.
Has it been 8 years? Time sure flies. Seems like yesterday he was singing "I Still Love You" live on MTV unplugged. He really showcased his voice with that performance.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

He was a powerhouse in the 90's, and still into the 2000's, but it went downhill about 2009/10. Definitely 10, I remember hearing an audio of a show that was just awful. So very awful.

He has better days, but none of them are great, or what he used to be able to do.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
fullshredder

Post by fullshredder »

This guy's a fucking idiot imo, I have seen some of his rock shows too, he knows very little about Kiss or VV, his recent - oK Jan - interview with VV from the convention left him with the questsion of whether VV was transitionining into a woman or not, I mean WTF? Idiot ...
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

fullshredder wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:32 pm This guy's a fucking idiot imo, I have seen some of his rock shows too, he knows very little about Kiss or VV, his recent - oK Jan - interview with VV from the convention left him with the questsion of whether VV was transitionining into a woman or not, I mean WTF? Idiot ...
Yeah Eddie Trunk thinks too highly of himself. I have only listened a few times and each time he throws around big names to glorify himself.. Not impressed.