I STILL LOVE YOU "VIDEO"

Talk about Kiss
PinkWiz

I STILL LOVE YOU "VIDEO"

Post by PinkWiz »

Like A Million To One... another tune KISS missed possibly havin a hit with since no single or video was released. Love seeing KISS in full Wizard, Fox, Starchild and Demon regalia in slow mo to this tune... such a cool juxtapostion...

[youtube][/youtube]
Streetbeat

Re: I STILL LOVE YOU "VIDEO"

Post by Streetbeat »

would have been cool to see vinnie on the i love it loud video or another one in full make up
gonnarock

Post by gonnarock »

I wish too that Vinnie could have been in a KISS music video with full makeup.
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

Gene & Paul were trying to hide the fact that Ace left so, a fallow up video was the last thing on there minds Im sure ! There are stories of Gene calling up ace while Vinnie was doing the COTN tour trying to get him back.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Yeah I've read were Ace claimed Gene called him to return. I know all the guitarist involved in recording might've been potential candidates, but this is from Wikipedia:

In 1982, Robben was just one of many guitarists who played and recorded for KISS's album Creatures of the Night, playing the lead guitar on two songs "Rock And Roll Hell" and "I Still Love You". Gene Simmons had asked Robben to join KISS, however Robben declined stating he was more than happy to play and record for KISS but "couldn't see himself in a band situation performing all over America and the world accordingly". KISS went on to hire Vinnie Vincent and as their new lead guitarist and tour in support of Creatures of the Night.

Maybe his character could've been the "Rockin' Robben?" :P

jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

PinkWiz wrote:Yeah I've read were Ace claimed Gene called him to return. I know all the guitarist involved in recording might've been potential candidates, but this is from Wikipedia:

In 1982, Robben was just one of many guitarists who played and recorded for KISS's album Creatures of the Night, playing the lead guitar on two songs "Rock And Roll Hell" and "I Still Love You". Gene Simmons had asked Robben to join KISS, however Robben declined stating he was more than happy to play and record for KISS but "couldn't see himself in a band situation performing all over America and the world accordingly". KISS went on to hire Vinnie Vincent and as their new lead guitarist and tour in support of Creatures of the Night.

Maybe his character could've been the "Rockin' Robben?" :P

Cool, did not know that, I mean there are so many players and or rumours of who is, who did what. What else is known of Robben .... anyone else he has played with, bands, songs ?
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

I know Brian Adams wrote some songs, not sure if he played on it !!!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I believe Robben was Gene's choice and Steve Farris (from Mr. Mister, who played the solo on Creatures of the Night) was Paul's choice... then Vinnie came along. Robben Ford was also an original member of the Yellowjackets.
ankh

Post by ankh »

if i'm correct, jimmy haslip(former bass player of the Yellowjackets) has played on the record as well
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yes. Ace was called back during the Lick it up tour too.

Robben Ford would have been very interesting in Kiss but I could not see that working for long. Put the Vinnie/Mark St John wig on Robben to see what he would have looked like. jajaja.
I wish Eddie Van Halen has played on one Creatures tune. Can you imagine the guitar talent on that record along with Bob Kulick who I like a lot more than Bruce. The WASP record he did was really good.

In a way when you hear Creatures Kiss could have gone on hiring top guitar players to guest on some oh their mid to late 80s records. It may have been very interesting.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

this could have been a kiss hit if Steve Farris had joined. A long way from the creatures solo. [youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I could totally hear Paul belting out Broken Wings circa the keyboard-laden Crazy Nights era!
thundergod74

Post by thundergod74 »

I always wished there could've been a video for I Still Love You. I've always pictured a concept where you see the band in like a sound stage setting on a stage performing it (kinda like Great White's video for Rock Me) with some close-ups mixed with a story line of two lovers with the girl leaving the guy for good while he's trying to figure out what went wrong mixed with flash backs of the two in love, then fighting, then showing the guy trying to stop his girlfriend from leaving on a plane or train, still with shots of the band playing the song as the video progressed. All this shot in black and white would've made for a killer video.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

thundergod74 wrote:I always wished there could've been a video for I Still Love You. I've always pictured a concept where you see the band in like a sound stage setting on a stage performing it (kinda like Great White's video for Rock Me) with some close-ups mixed with a story line of two lovers with the girl leaving the guy for good while he's trying to figure out what went wrong mixed with flash backs of the two in love, then fighting, then showing the guy trying to stop his girlfriend from leaving on a plane or train, still with shots of the band playing the song as the video progressed. All this shot in black and white would've made for a killer video.
Calling Dino!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

A video would be good but I think in todays standards I still love you is too long for a single.
Bye Bye
thundergod74

Post by thundergod74 »

doublev2 wrote:A video would be good but I think in todays standards I still love you is too long for a single.
Didn't stop Guns N Roses's November Rain, video was 9 minutes and 8 seconds.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ok , you got me. Also I wm sure if they released it as a single they may have done a radio edit.
Lots of kiss songs could have been hits if released as singles.
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

the record didn't chart very high, and also they were tryng to promote themselves as a hard rock band again.To put a power ballad would have probably spoiled the image, not to mention that since the record wan't successful, there was not reason to spend more money on another single(promotion, shooting etc.).t was also the time when the group-if i'm correct- sued the record label.

Even for the cat stevens ripoff,aka "every time i lok at you" there was the same problem, you can read in official interview how Paul would have liked to issue it as a single but there was no promotion behind it.Instead they put out "Domino"( the zz topsoundalike) and "i just wanna"(a eddie cochran ripoff),both song with less mass appeal.Also in Kiss alive forever there's a pretty interesting explanation about the situation within the band at the time.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

ankh wrote:the record didn't chart very high, and also they were tryng to promote themselves as a hard rock band again.To put a power ballad would have probably spoiled the image, not to mention that since the record wan't successful, there was not reason to spend more money on another single(promotion, shooting etc.).t was also the time when the group-if i'm correct- sued the record label.

Even for the cat stevens ripoff,aka "every time i lok at you" there was the same problem, you can read in official interview how Paul would have liked to issue it as a single but there was no promotion behind it.Instead they put out "Domino"( the zz topsoundalike) and "i just wanna"(a eddie cochran ripoff),both song with less mass appeal.Also in Kiss alive forever there's a pretty interesting explanation about the situation within the band at the time.
Can you make a new topic w/ some video back to back so we can see the rip offs you speak of. Would be cool to diagnose the songs you say are rip offs of Eddie Cochran & Cat Stevens ? Even names of there songs would have helped !
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The Cochran/Summertime Blues nod is obvious.
As far as the Cat Stevens rip, I can't find it other than it being a nice acoustic based ballad.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
ankh

Post by ankh »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

Except for the few chords at the beginning, there not really the same song !
ankh

Post by ankh »

more or less like those two :p:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

By the way, Bryan Adams has talked about the way kiss were crediting tunes on the creatures record. Rock n roll hell was a tune he put out a year or so before creatures. Basically gene told him he would use the song as long as he got co writing credit even if he didn't co write it. Bryan agreed thinking something was better than nothing. Gene actually re wrote some of the song anyway but I bet that's what was happening with some other of the co writing credits.
Bye Bye
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

Rock N Roll Hell was written by BTO !
[youtube][/youtube]
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i like the adams version. .sounds a bit Ace to me.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

If I don't know better, Kiss's 'Every Time I Look at You' (Stanley, Ezrin) sounds like Jean Beauvoir could have written it.
[youtube][/youtube]
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Holly Crap thats weird.
ankh wrote:more or less like those two :p:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i just wanna and summertime blues too.. holly crap!
Bye Bye