kiss with eric

Post by doublev2 »

very entertaining kiss video.

[youtube][/youtube]
Bye Bye
shramiac

Re: kiss with eric

Post by shramiac »

Nice. I had the middle 5 mins of this on a bootleg VHS! Eric & Paul were genuinely embarrassed by Gene when he made fun of Halford and Dickinson!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I have this on vhs and the only thing I remembered before is just about the funniest/coolest thing I've seen Gene do. He plays a rubber chicken like a guitar, making chicken sounds. Very cool of Gene to do something like that I always thought.

This was played on a Channel called M6, I think in France?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I know it's common knowledge, but Gene so obviously planned Kiss' image around the Beatles... there's a "quiet" one, a "short one, a "controversial" one, a "cute" one, all members have the same hair (except Singer's blonde hair in the 90's), all Kiss drummers are short like Ringo, they all sing lead vocals, there's a "Paul" in the band, all frontline members are the same height (well except Vinnie, but his songwriting and playing made him "tall" ;)

Random I know, but I always thought it was cool that Kiss looked like the Beatles on steroids...
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

That's right PW, Gene & Paul were both Beatles freaks and this is what they emulated when they formed kiss. I think they did a damn good job at doing something that looked different which gave them an unmistakable identity and unified appearance. Very Kool!

*** Some useless trivia*** Ace once said he met John Lennon at a party but was too wasted to remember the meeting :shock:

Gene Simmons approached all four Beatles to be on his solo album from 1978... He ended up with Mitch Weismann who played Paul in the Beatlemania show...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
EricFoxx

Post by EricFoxx »

Eric seemed to be one hell of a nice and entertaining person! As a drummer he was clearly one of a kind, I have never heard anyone pounding the drums the way he did it!

I wonder how KISS had turned out if he survived. What if the reunion with Ace and Peter never took place and Eric and Bruce remained in KISS until this day? What do you guys think?
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Interesting point... I think if Bruce & Eric had remained in kiss they would have become an underground band again, like the early 70's before Alive broke them in the US... They just wouldn't have kept pulling the crowds without the make up... and this is coming from a guy who absolutely loves the 1983-1995 period of kiss...
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I think Eric would have never let them let Peter back in the band!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

It is well documented that KISS was gonna put the makeup back on in 1990 with Ace and Eric Carr... around the time of the Rise To It video. They just couldn't come to an agreement with Ace for whatever reason... then Carr got sick. I don't think there is anyway Gene and Paul would've put up with Peter's crap if Carr would've survived... they would've had Carr back in the fox makeup in a heartbeat.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

and yes you are right BB...Gene claims he had three of the Beatles ready to do his solo album but Ringo was the only holdout... yeah right... like he wouldn't have settled for just Jimmy Nichol or Pete Best as big of a Beatles fan as he is...