Dear KISS, Bring back the TANK!

Talk about Kiss
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Dear KISS, Bring back the TANK!

Post by strangeways »

It seems to me that the KISS show needs a kick in the ass.

My first two KISS shows (Creatures and Lick It Up tours) were with the tank stage. They were great and it would be great if the band brought it back. Old guys like me would love it and those that didn't see it live back in the day now could!

"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Dear KISS, Bring back the TANK!

Post by Genebaby »

That would be truly awesome. The stage now is not much to write home about compared to other bands, it's much of the same.

I wonder if the tank is still in storage somewhere?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Dunno. I remember hearing somewhere (so take this with a grain of salt: it was only something I heard on a pub) that Gene has toyed with the idea at least once, but the problem is that most KISS fans connect the tank more to "The Fox" than "The Cat", and all and all, G&P are well aware that giving Singer Criss' outfit has caused enough controversy as it is: they don't want fans bitching and moaning about having Carr's "stunt" given to Singer.

Now, my thoughts: although all that sounds eerily plausible, this is Gene we're talking about in the end... I mean, c'mon, even by the guy's own admission he IS selfish. If there's money to be done with the tank, he'll use it.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Great pic by the way.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Tony could hire his out to them!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

I'm missing the tank. Best stage show ever I think
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The Kiss stage has been a stage any band can play on . Any Country act has better lights and staging than Kiss does nowadays.

Watch Carr's drum solo from Animalize Live Uncensored. It is the tank riser without the turret . It moves the exact same way --- to the front of the stage and then side to side. I'm surprised that I haven't seen someone mention this before.

[youtube][/youtube]
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

G&P keep talking about how their stage show is bigger and better than ever...but I disagree and that's the reason I did not see the Sonic Boom tour. It's the exact same boring stage with just...more. More video screens doing the exact same thing. Gene spits blood and then flies to the rafters. Tommy does a solo and then shoots.

At least with the HITS and Revenge tours they tried to come up with something new and interesting. I bet if I sat down with a professional stage designer we could come up with 10 new ideas for them in under an hour.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Good pickup Rick, it probably is the tank without the turret and armor...!
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Everyone has to remember that a stage show costs money, and although Kiss is a successful band and is very successful in touring, you cant compare them to Rolling Stones, U2 or anything like that in regards to touring, they arent going to make 100-300 million per tour.

There biggest tour they have done in a while was Alive 35 which grossed just over 30 million which is still good but knowing Gene and Paul they are going to try and make as much money as possible per show.

The Sonic Boom Over Europe and Hottest Show on Earth stage shows were probably pushing it as it is, I dont think they could make the show any better than it was on these recent tours, unless they reunited with Ace and Pete for another tour and made a stack load of money.
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life!!!
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Hmmmm, new album is gonna be called "Monster"... the tank would fit that. Or they could have Singer's drumset on top of a monster-cat type being (kinda like the ones surrouding Criss' drums on the Destroyer tour) that simulates walking to the front of stage... while blowing smoke and eyes lighting up. Couldn't cost THAT much? :)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Funny title for a topic. Making me laugh.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

My guess is that the Monster show will be almost the exact same thing as the previous tour. Monitors all over the place and lots and lots of pyro.

I sometimes think they are misdirecting everyone's attention from the fact that they really CAN'T put on the show physically that they did before. (Don't get me wrong, I think KISS at 80% is still WAY more concert than almost any other band out there touring.)
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Yes erg2, you are probably right... I'm POSITIVE the Monster tour will look just like the previous one. I won't be surprised if Gene tries to tie the new album and tour in with Monster Energy drinks... complete with KISS themed cans. :roll: :oops:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Kiss are playing in cardiff Wales in the official Michael Jackson farewell. Jackson was a big fan .
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Looks like kiss were dropped for something gene said in 2005.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I wish a new guitarist and drummer would come in. Marty Friedman and bobby rock would work.
I would like to see a dark show like creatures or the very early stuff.
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Dunno if Marty's (who I worship!) Hungarian and Japanese scales would go down well in a Kiss setting! :lol: :lol: :lol:
He could probably play Ace's stuff left handed though!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

What do you mean about Hungarian scales? Sounds funny.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ok you mean Hungarian minor. I was thinking Hungarian folk music.
Bye Bye
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I don't mind Tommy Thayer. To me he sounds more like Ace Frehley than Ace Frehley EVER did. It's like when you hear an impressionist do an impersonation of William Shatner and you think it sounds more like Shatner than the real deal. Tommy has discovered the most recognizable elements of how Ace used to play and exaggerates them. In a lot of ways those recognizable elements were truly the classic KISS sound.

As I've said on here many times, I do not care for Eric Singer stylistically as the drummer for KISS. I think he plays too much, has too many fills and his hi-hat work has no personality...it sounds like a drum machine. (On the one hand that's impressive, but I'll take Criss or Carr on the hi-hat any day.) I loved his playing in previous bands. I always did the "what if" Bobby Rock had joined KISS when Carr was ill/passed on, but only if they were headed for the more metal sound of REVENGE. He wouldn't be a good fit for the classic KISS style.

I just wish KISS could get away from the "positive message" kick Paul Stanley has been on since the 1980's. I know a lot of people thought it was the best song, but I thought STAND was a piece of pandering drivel.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

I think Singer and Thayer work perfectly in KISS nowadays. New characters would've been cool (maybe use the old Bandit and Hawk makeups) but believe me, if Gene and Paul would've had the rights in the early 80's, Carr and Vinnie would've been the Cat and Spaceman.
AshesToAshes

Post by AshesToAshes »

PinkWiz wrote:I think Singer and Thayer work perfectly in KISS nowadays. New characters would've been cool (maybe use the old Bandit and Hawk makeups) but believe me, if Gene and Paul would've had the rights in the early 80's, Carr and Vinnie would've been the Cat and Spaceman.
That is very true sir :)
metatron

Post by metatron »

Dear KISS, Don't just Bring back the TANK!, but also bring back the Ankh! (or as i like to affectionately refer to him these days, 'the Wank') :lol:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

Tommy and Bruce fit in perfectly but KISS would IMO get an edge back if Vinnie rejoined (yes I DO realize that would never happen) but damn it would be cool... for the whole two weeks that it would last. :twisted:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

PW, You think it would last THAT LONG ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS