Gene Simmons is not a genius!

Talk about Kiss
erg2

Gene Simmons is not a genius!

Post by erg2 »

A couple of years ago I wrote up something on the LIZARDS FROM AFAR blog about Gene Simmons. Basically I got tired of reading so many articles, interviews and mentions of him that referred to him as a "genius" or a "marketing genius". so I did a little internet research and kick-started my addled memory of Gene Simmons/KISS trivia and wrote this up. I was surprised at how many people took um bridge with it and it is by far...by FAR...the highest read posting on the blog site to date.

So here it is:

http://lizardsfromafar.com/2008/10/01/g ... -a-genius/
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Gene Simmons is not a genius!

Post by Genebaby »

I agree. I remember i the 80's with $immons records thinking, man, nothing this guy touches turns to gold.

Paul was also sucky at "helping out" other bands. Thank God GnR didn't let him fiddle with them or they might have had the same look as Asylum when they came out.

For some reason, neither of them could weave the Kiss magic for other projects, or picked things that were good and would work.

The Van Halen thing is funny. If Gene Simmons in 1977 couldn't get them signed I don't know what went wrong.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I love him in KISS, but imperically he has failed at everything else.
I can't believe people pay him to listen to him talk about business. He preaches the end of "brick and mortar" storefronts in favor of the Internet, but cries constantly about not being able to sell CDs anymore.

I guess if enough sycophants praise your intelligence and opinion enough, you start to belive it.
I hate to break it to him but people pay him because they want access to a famous rock star, not because of any acumen of any kind.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Every point you raise seems to pan out! Well done!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
MeteoraXV

Post by MeteoraXV »

Yeah all he really does is milk the KISS brand
Squeeze every drop out of the name
And a couple of other things, cool life springs or whatever
But he IS a hard worker though
erg2

Post by erg2 »

"Gene Simmons" is successful because dumbasses who are dazzled by being in the presence of a rock star pay him in advance for his services. The people/businesses that hire him are NOT successful.

I don't call that genius.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

He has an incredible work ethic that has enabled him to acquire copius amounts of cash! Work is fun for Gene and if it's fun it isn't really work!
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Wow, I had no idea that House of Lords were still producing new music. I went out and bought their last five albums from Amazon as soon as I read this!
erg2

Post by erg2 »

TheGoodDr wrote:Wow, I had no idea that House of Lords were still producing new music. I went out and bought their last five albums from Amazon as soon as I read this!
It's not really House Of Lords any longer...just the lead singer and a couple of hired guns. The last album I bought was Demon's Down, which was great.
I've been meaning to get the "new" albums...ie, the ones after they reformed about 5-6 years ago, but always seem to forget when I'm on iTunes. I've heard mixed reviews.

What do you think of them?
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Like you, the last Album I bought was Demons Down (back in the very early nineties from memory)....great album, but I always preferred Saraha.....as a kid, I just loved that record.

As for these new ones, I've not received any of them yet as I only ordered them on Saturday night.....be a good week or two before they're likely to arrive. Happy to post my thoughts once I give each of them a listen to :)
erg2

Post by erg2 »

TheGoodDr wrote:Like you, the last Album I bought was Demons Down (back in the very early nineties from memory)....great album, but I always preferred Saraha.....as a kid, I just loved that record.
Sahara has a monster sound and Chains Of Love is one of my favorite drumming songs! However, I think I like the music and lyrics from Demons Down.

I'd love to read your reviews on the new ones!
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies