ace frehley

Talk about Kiss
doublev

ace frehley

Post by doublev »

just to say, ace surprised me so much in 1987 with Rock Soldiers, for me that is a masterfully crafted rock tune. Can not say enough about it. You never thing Ace can get it together but once in a while he comes out of nowhere. If Rock Soldiers has been a Kiss tune I would say it would have been one of their best.
I remember Gene saying in an interview back in 87 that he could not stop playing Rock Soldiers.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Ace is only good for a few songs on an album. Anomaly doesn't have one good memorable solo on it. He peaked with the 1978 solo album. Honorable mention goes to the first Frehley's Comet album.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I liked the Frehley's Comet and Ace Trouble Walking album. Very 80's with Howarth on there doing his stuff, which I also liked.

Anomaly isn't too bad, don't listen to it much though. I saw Ace in Feb and he made a heck of a LOT of mistakes, really obvious ones, but these days, that's what Ace is about. At least he has an album out and is touring an NOT dissing his fanbase, so we still love him for being him.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

He put on a great,sloppy, 'ACE ' show the last time I saw him about a year or so ago. I just hate the snubbed feeling when I'm standing next to him with five other people and he didn't have the courtesy to even acknowledge me with my AF40 Washburn because he doesn't sign guitars anymore.
BULLSHIT, If you have the nerve to have a signature guitar and someone spent their cash on it, you should appreciate it and sign the fucking thing. These guys are so worried that people will sell the shit on E-Bay that they forget how they were capable to have a signature guitar and career in the first place.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, you got one of those Washburn's? Cool....there needs to be a thread about your guitars me thinks..... 8)
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Yep, It has the Crimson bolt on it. Very cool !! I plan on taking pictures of my guitars soon and of course will post them here . I really beat the things up !!

NEWBEGINNINGS
sunnyto666

Re: ace frehley

Post by sunnyto666 »

ACE and VINNIE are THE BEST GUITAR PLAYER!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
[color=#FF00FF][/color]I DID IT MY WAY!
sunnyto666

Post by sunnyto666 »

[color=#FF00FF][/color]I DID IT MY WAY!
ankh

Post by ankh »

i've loved Ace style and most of his work years ago, but the concert i've attended in munich last year was the most unprofessional show i've ever attended, and i've seen a lot of concerts...
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sounds like the Ace show I saw and probably every show these days.

I wonder if it really pains the rest of the band for Ace to be so off his game these days, making them all look bad.