Reading the book THE ERIC CARR STORY

Talk about Kiss
erg2

Reading the book THE ERIC CARR STORY

Post by erg2 »

I just got the book THE ERIC CARR STORY by Greg Prato.
It's a bunch of interviews edited into KISSTORICAL order.
I'm at the part where they are talking about Vinnie. Everybody just gushes about how good a player and writer Vinnie was (is?) but no really good stories from 'behind the scenes'. Just regurgitating what we've all read elsewhere.
It was interesting to read how much Eric liked Vinnie. I never realized they were that friendly. Apparently Vinnie mooched lots of meals, drinks and cab-rides from Eric. Kind of a "Oooops, I left my wallet at home. Can you cover me?" deal.

They are just getting into the Mark St. John stuff. Some of the interviews make it sound a little like they were never happy with Mark from the get-go and Paul even made some statements to Bruce during the recording of Animalize that hinted Mark was probably not long for the KISS train even before the arthritis thing.

Not the best book on KISS I've read, but I always enjoy reading a different version than the revisionist crap Paul and Gene keep giving.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Reading the book THE ERIC CARR STORY

Post by Genebaby »

I've finished it now, good book. Vinnie did the "left my wallet at home" thing a lot it seems. Happened in the VVI days too, hence the song Burning Bridges.

I was amazed at how insecure Eric was, but maybe he had reason to be?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

For Gene and Paul, Eric's insecurities were perfect. They don't seem to want other strong and confident personalities in the band.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I think Gene is just as insecure, unfortunately he's also successful. He's always quick to point out IWMFLY was a bigger hit than Beth.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I was made.... didn't win a People's Choice award though. Both great songs.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

Well, it's obvious why Eric Caravello and Vinnie Cusano got along.......they're paisans ("paesani") ! They were the only Italian-Americans in the group while Paul and Gene I think are Jewish. Actually Peter Criscuola was also a paesano. 8)
metatron

Post by metatron »

Carlo wrote:Well, it's obvious why Eric Caravello and Vinnie Cusano got along.......they're paisans ("paesani") ! They were the only Italian-Americans in the group while Paul and Gene I think are Jewish. Actually Peter Criscuola was also a paesano. 8)

Hey paesano!!! Vicenzo Vicenzo & Erico Caravello...They'd say stuff like 'Come cazzo si sta paesano'
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.