Steve Coronel Appearance on Decibel Geek Podcast

Talk about Kiss
WizKid

Steve Coronel Appearance on Decibel Geek Podcast

Post by WizKid »

http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/2012/10/ ... ronel.html

Only one person can say he is responsible for introducing Paul Stanley to Gene Simmons. This week, we hear his side of the story.

Steve Coronel met Gene Simmons (then known as Gene Klein) on the first day of 7th grade at Joseph Pulitzer Middle School in 1963.In this episode you'll hear how a near fisticuffs began a musical and personal friendship that has lasted for well over four decades. Steve shares a treasure trove of early childhood stories about Simmons that are sure to entertain yet, also, surprise you. From their early bonding over popular music of the era to the inevitable stories of chasing after the opposite sex to the unveiling of the now-world-famous tongue, Coronel shares a candid side of our favorite Demon that is an inside look at the human being that predates the fame, fortune, and marketing ventures.

In this in-depth discussion Coronel reflects on the initial tense meeting between Simmons and Stanley and their unique chemistry that would later rule the concert world. You'll also hear his memories of the writing process for future KISS songs 'She' and 'Goin' Blind' along with his not-so-pleasant memories of the dressed-up studio version of the former as it was recorded by Wicked Lester at Electric Lady Studios.

Also included in this candid discussion is Coronel's take on the circumstances that led to his ouster from Wicked Lester and how it was possibly due in part to a somewhat heated conversation that he had with then-Stanley Eisen about his views on self-worth at the time and how it possibly fueled his future KISS character of the Starchild.

Coronel also delves into his memories of often-not-discussed Wicked Lester band mates Brooke Ostrander and Tony Zarrella and looks back on a grueling showcase for Epic Records.

Included in this in-depth discussion is a clip of a song entitled Frame Up that was recorded by Coronel's post-Wicked Lester band, Lover.
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Steve Coronel Appearance on Decibel Geek Podcast

Post by Genebaby »

Cool Chris, can't wait to hear this one.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

great. Chris is going to be getting Gene and Paul very soon. Please try!!!!
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:great. Chris is going to be getting Gene and Paul very soon. Please try!!!!
Before TMS !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Listening right now.

Funny how Steve had issues with Paul being sensitive about girls.
My buddy Ted was Kiss' Tour manager about 8 years ago and said that Paul got upset with him because Ted fucked one of Paul's girlfriends.

I guess Paul's insecurity was still strong years later.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

After the reunion, it would've been cool to have Steve come in and replace Ace all these years later! I know he was let go back in '72 because he supposedly didn't have that "rock star" look, but hell, he doesn't look any goofier than Tommy or Bruce. 8)
WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Thanks for the feedback guys! It was a fun conversation for sure!
Check out the Decibel Geek Podcast at http://dbgeekshow.blogspot.com/
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me