Vinnie Vincent - Prepare to Invade - wanted

Members only
Skwint

Vinnie Vincent - Prepare to Invade - wanted

Post by Skwint »

1. "Back in the Streets" [version 1] (5:48)
2. "Gypsy in Your Eyes" [version 1] (3:30)
3. "Tears: (3:16)
4. "No Substitute" (3:55)
5. "I'm On Fire For You" (3:43)
6. "Youngblood" (4:26)
7. "Forbidden" (3:43)
8. "My Love Goes With You" (4:27)
9. "Gypsy in Your Eyes" [version 2] (5:41)
10. "Back in the Streets" [version 2] (3:58)
11. "Boys Are Gonna Rock" (3:14)
12. "I'm In Love" (3:28)
13. "Your Baby" (4:09)
14. "It's So Pretty" (3:44)

Info - A bootleg of various Vinnie demos, supposedly all recorded between 1983 and 1986. There is little in the way of information about these tracks. Being a compilation of various tracks, the sound quality changes from track to track, but overall is listenable. The first two tracks are of much interest to me as I am curious who is singing on these tracks, although I have been told it is Jeff Scott Soto. I originally thought it might have been Eric Carr, or Vinnie himself, but I am not sure of this at all.

Anyone got this - sell or a copy even - PM me - could use paypal or whatever depending on location

Think its the only 'release' i dont have although it is a bootleg.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
poserboy71

Re: Vinnie Vincent - Prepare to Invade - wanted

Post by poserboy71 »

Someone put it up in the bootleg section please? :D :D :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

doh - should have thought of that
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Is this the one that's a Double LP?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

dont know for sure - found it here - http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/vvi.htm

never seen anything on it before - i have emailed and messaged jeff scott soto the alleged singer according to some but have never had a responce.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, I've been there before, it's been a while. I don't know if you can buy it in a "proper" bootleg form. I don't know if I have that.
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

Skwint wrote:dont know for sure - found it here - http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/vvi.htm

never seen anything on it before - i have emailed and messaged jeff scott soto the alleged singer according to some but have never had a responce.
well i got a responce - quikcker than i expected really - here it is

Good morning,

I'm Jeff's official biographer and his road-manager too. I'm currently compiling a biography destined for release later this year, it does feature a chapter on JSS & VV, however little remains of the sessions although some 'alleged' recordings are occasionally available on the Web - not stuff that I can substantiate however. This is what I have in my archive but I will not release them as I cannot vouch for their authenticity:

Young Blood
Forbidden
Gypsy In Her Eyes
Fight For You
My Love Goes With You

It goes without saying that much has been written and claimed about Jeff's collaborations that my task has been labyrinthine and I am constantly referring queries to him for resolution. If I get anything from him about this I will let you know.

Frank Tunney
Road Manager - JSS Productio
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You would think it wouldn't be too hard to verify these if he has access to JSS. Plus, if you listen to them, you can hear JSS singing. I guess he wants to make sure it's JSS and VV? In that case, ask JSS.
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

yeah i almost get the feeling from this that JSS has no interest in the book if he keeps needing everything clarified - but i would like to read the chapter on his work with VV.
Euphoria

Post by Euphoria »

Skwint wrote:1. "Back in the Streets" [version 1] (5:48)
2. "Gypsy in Your Eyes" [version 1] (3:30)
3. "Tears: (3:16)
4. "No Substitute" (3:55)
5. "I'm On Fire For You" (3:43)
6. "Youngblood" (4:26)
7. "Forbidden" (3:43)
8. "My Love Goes With You" (4:27)
9. "Gypsy in Your Eyes" [version 2] (5:41)
10. "Back in the Streets" [version 2] (3:58)
11. "Boys Are Gonna Rock" (3:14)
12. "I'm In Love" (3:28)
13. "Your Baby" (4:09)
14. "It's So Pretty" (3:44)

Info - A bootleg of various Vinnie demos, supposedly all recorded between 1983 and 1986. There is little in the way of information about these tracks. Being a compilation of various tracks, the sound quality changes from track to track, but overall is listenable. The first two tracks are of much interest to me as I am curious who is singing on these tracks, although I have been told it is Jeff Scott Soto. I originally thought it might have been Eric Carr, or Vinnie himself, but I am not sure of this at all.

Anyone got this - sell or a copy even - PM me - could use paypal or whatever depending on location

Think its the only 'release' i dont have although it is a bootleg.

Skwint, if you still need this, if anyone needs it, I have it on mp3. I can't remember where I got it now... an interesting collection of songs, early version of Baby-0 an interesting one :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hi Jamie, if you can, upload it to the forum please, either as attachments, or in a zip file via Mediafire, in the Bootlegs/Demos section.

Thanks

Vic
Euphoria

Post by Euphoria »

Vic,

PTI has now been uploaded to the bootlegs section.

Enjoy :)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks Jamie!
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

excellent.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Skwint wrote:although some 'alleged' recordings are occasionally available on the Web - not stuff that I can substantiate however. This is what I have in my archive but I will not release them as I cannot vouch for their authenticity:

WTF!!!!!

Damn that must be one great JSS impersonater then! :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Not implying Skwint said this! Just the way the quote appeared!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(